Charter flight to Bowl Game Cancelled.

NUpolo8

I can tell you sker you are grasping at straws, when comparing Osborne's heat compared to Bo's. People may have been upset about not winning the big ones, not beating Oklahoma or Florida State or Miami. Now most would just be happy to be with in two touchdowns of that level of a team. Tom may have thought about leaving, but he never advertised or made comments to just fire me if you do not like it.

There is nothing between to compare. Tom was above average the day he started, Bo has had two good years with our decimated Callahan team, after a losing season. But more talent than he has ever been able to recruit since then. Still counting. I know all have squishy panties over the current crop, but I doubt it ends up as a top ten class.

• Fire 1

1990: We went 9-3, finished 3rd in the Big 8. Ranked #3 in the nation, we lost by 15 to #9 Colorado, 27-12. We then lost to unranked Oklahoma as the 10th ranked team, 45-10. We went to the Orange Bowl where we lost to #2 Georgia Tech as the #19 team, 45-21.

1991: As the 9th ranked team in the nation, we lost to #4 Washington by 15 points, 36-21. We tied 15th ranked Colorado and then lost to #1 Miami in the Orange Bowl, losing 22-0. We also tied for 1st in the Big 8.

1992: We lost as the 12th ranked team to #2 Washington by 15 points, 29-14. We then lost to unranked Iowa State as the 7th ranked team in the nation, 19-10. We won the Big 8 and then lost in the Orange Bowl to Florida State, the #3 ranked team, 27-14.

So...a couple of losses to unranked teams. And a loss to the top ranked team, two losses to the #2 ranked team, a loss to the #3 ranked team, and a loss to the #4 ranked team. That's a team not being able to win the big game. That's vastly different than Bo. But again, this is well into Osborne's career, so it's not exactly a fair comparison.

Losses to unranked teams?? (gasp). And losing by at least two touchdowns?....I thought those were called "blowouts"?

Question, do any of you own your own business.

This was a charter flight with Nebraska's endorsement correct?

Normally after 25 years in business and doing it every year to cancel it takes quite a decision. I would imagine there was some type of question page as to the reason for not going, I would guess that it was a planned for trip. Involving a outlay of cash. If the owner cancels after 25 years he would normally want to have an idea of why. It I not about big Red N's, it is about getting your monies worth. His customers did not feel compelled to go for some reason. What ever the reason, it goes back to the staff. IE, the rants or the feeling the team was not worth the trip financially. Again that falls on the staff.

The owner making that comment is a fact, not a maybe, hope or guess. People in business do it to make money, after 25 years, you most likely grasp that and do a pretty good job of it.

• Fire 1

I might be a f'n fairweather fan but I have little desire to go see my Huskers get beat.

'87-'93 were tough years

Yes they were, but not for nearly the same reasons. There was a belief that we "could" or "might" prevail and we were still in the mix of things, not outside the top 25. I have to believe there is a big impact on fan outlook for travelling to games when there is hope of a reasonable performance.

There was a lot of criticism of Osborne, especially from '90-'92. A lot.

everyone has selective amnesia...they forget that about 90-92. They also forget that Nebraska fumbled then just as much as we fumble now. Selective amnesia fits well.

What's your point? I remeber the criticism of Osborne; couldn't win the big game, couldn't beat the florida teams, OU and Switzer had his number, etc. It doesn't have jack squat to do with my posts in this thread.

First, I made the simple point that fan apathy towards our current bowl game has more to do with the current condition of this team than it does with our opponent. If you don't agree, fine, but I wasn't making a case against Pelini or really anything else. Then you want to act like a know-it-all about the Osborne years. I'm 50, I think I am well aware. Our current situation with NU football is nothing NOTHING like the Osborne era before Tom got over the hump with the big one. The only possible similarity is some discontent fans but Tom had a lot more success at that time than Bo has ever had. If Tom had regularly finished out of the top twenty, he probably would've been runoff. That doesn't remotely mean keeping Bo forever will yield anything approaching what TO did in his last eight or so years. He had 25a years of excellence. Bo has so far had zero.

• Fire 2

Man, we got a January bowl in Florida against a quality SEC opponent. Are we really, seriously mad that we didn't suffer the iniquity of the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl?

I think this apathy is far more deep rooted than bowl selection.

i do not think there was a bowl that we reasonably had a chance to go to that husker fans would have been too excited about.

• Fire 1

There was a lot of criticism of Osborne, especially from '90-'92. A lot.

this is a joke, right?

are you arguing that we should not criticize bo because people criticized osborne and he eventually won multiple mnc's?

i do not see how they are related. especially because osborne put a top 15, if not top 10, product on the field.

No, what he's saying is that programs have rough patches. Even Osborne had times where he couldn't win 'the big one'

yeah, i guess that is a lot like losing four games in a regular season. all by double-digits.

• Fire 2