2 suspended, 1 transfer.

This is exactly my point guys. The fact that we're not nearly as bad as the doomers are claiming. The elite are not nearly as far ahead of us as is perceived. And that simply a season can swing in either direction on the base of only a couple plays.

This implies that Nebraska would be close enough late in the game against Alabama where a fluke play would put them over the top. Which I don't think is correct even a little bit.

Thats not even close to what I'm implying. Im implying that the gap between elite and mediocrity in college football today is simply not very wide. Just think about it. 2 plays. 2 measly plays, and Auburn is not playing for a National title as SEC champs. Theyre probably playing, well, US in a bowl game. LOL.

Ah.

I'm a moron, you see. So I'm prone to things like that.

But had Auburn had lost those games, I wouldn't say they were mediocre, they play sound football, Nebraska doesn't. When/if Nebraska does, we'll stop pointing to lucky plays as to why we are or aren't elite.

The bolded part above is almost believable..Until you watch some of our great teams from the past...maybe it's just that the other's training rooms caught up with us (or passed us)..Now it's more important to be able to outrecruit and outcoach the other guy.

This is exactly my point guys. The fact that we're not nearly as bad as the doomers are claiming. The elite are not nearly as far ahead of us as is perceived. And that simply a season can swing in either direction on the base of only a couple plays.

This implies that Nebraska would be close enough late in the game against Alabama where a fluke play would put them over the top. Which I don't think is correct even a little bit.

Thats not even close to what I'm implying. Im implying that the gap between elite and mediocrity in college football today is simply not very wide. Just think about it. 2 plays. 2 measly plays, and Auburn is not playing for a National title as SEC champs. Theyre probably playing, well, US in a bowl game. LOL.

Ah.

I'm a moron, you see. So I'm prone to things like that.

But had Auburn had lost those games, I wouldn't say they were mediocre, they play sound football, Nebraska doesn't. When/if Nebraska does, we'll stop pointing to lucky plays as to why we are or aren't elite.

The bolded part above is almost believable..Until you watch some of our great teams from the past...maybe it's just that the other's training rooms caught up with us (or passed us)..Now it's more important to be able to outrecruit and outcoach the other guy.

The key word is "today". There was definitely a wide gap 20 years ago. Maybe even 15. But there is not that wide of a gap anymore. Perhaps the top 2-3 teams have some gap. But after that there isn't a huge difference.

The key word is "today". There was definitely a wide gap 20 years ago. Maybe even 15. But there is not that wide of a gap anymore. Perhaps the top 2-3 teams have some gap. But after that there isn't a huge difference.

Absolutely. Rules such as scholarship limits have done exactly what they were designed to do.....help level the playing field.