2 suspended, 1 transfer.

You folks talking about how special Auburn is this year, dont forget. They are 2 of-if not THEE 2- luckiest, flukiest, strangest plays in the history of college football away from being a 2 loss team without even a division title.

And, just for laughs, Nebraska is a lucky Hail Mary, a missed field goal and a last second drive away from missing a bowl altogether.

Football is weird.

Wouldn't that just make the NU record 6-6? Still seems bowl eligible to me.

8-3=5. I'm recalling the Northwestern, PSU and Michigan games.

Not sure how earning a win on late 4th quarter drive or playing better in OT are "lucky" wins. I get the Hail Mary sure, but you are comparing apples and oranges on the other 2. Auburn is a good team but they have 2 wins by two of the flukiest, lucky plays I have seen in recent history. Hail Marys, whilst lucky and very rare, are more common than what I saw in Auburn's games this year.

You folks talking about how special Auburn is this year, dont forget. They are 2 of-if not THEE 2- luckiest, flukiest, strangest plays in the history of college football away from being a 2 loss team without even a division title.

And, just for laughs, Nebraska is a lucky Hail Mary, a missed field goal and a last second drive away from missing a bowl altogether.

Football is weird.

Wouldn't that just make the NU record 6-6? Still seems bowl eligible to me.

8-3=5. I'm recalling the Northwestern, PSU and Michigan games.

Not sure how earning a win on late 4th quarter drive or playing better in OT are "lucky" wins. I get the Hail Mary sure, but you are comparing apples and oranges on the other 2. Auburn is a good team but they have 2 wins by two of the flukiest, lucky plays I have seen in recent history. Hail Marys, whilst lucky and very rare, are more common than what I saw in Auburn's games this year.

And now we're trying to pick nits on what constitutes "lucky" to defend Nebraska's record and crap on the #2 team in the nation's record. No thanks.

• Fire 3

And now we're trying to pick nits on what constitutes "lucky" to defend Nebraska's record and crap on the #2 team in the nation's record. No thanks.

"Lucky" might not be exactly the right word in all cases but there is a distinct difference between a 14 play, 75 yard touchdown drive, a 109 yard touchdown return off a missed 57 yard field goal and a 73 yard touchdown off a tipped ball on 4th & 18.

"Lucky" might not be exactly the right word in all cases but there is a distinct difference between a 14 play, 75 yard touchdown drive, a 109 yard touchdown return off a missed 57 yard field goal and a 73 yard touchdown off a tipped ball on 4th & 18.

But less difference between the latter two and a once in a decade (maybe!) hail mary to beat a thoroughly mediocre team.

But less difference between the latter two and a once in a decade (maybe!) hail mary to beat a thoroughly mediocre team.

I don't disagree, and in fact I said as much in an earlier post. I just don't see how NUpolo's other 2 examples could fall into that same "lucky" category. Mavric explained it better than me above. Trying to take a comment about how Auburn had more than their fair share good fortune, or "luck," to get to the MNC game and spin it it as how "lucky" NU is to be in a bowl game is a huge stretch.

This is exactly my point guys. The fact that we're not nearly as bad as the doomers are claiming. The elite are not nearly as far ahead of us as is perceived. And that simply a season can swing in either direction on the base of only a couple plays.

This implies that Nebraska would be close enough late in the game against Alabama where a fluke play would put them over the top. Which I don't think is correct even a little bit.

This is exactly my point guys. The fact that we're not nearly as bad as the doomers are claiming. The elite are not nearly as far ahead of us as is perceived. And that simply a season can swing in either direction on the base of only a couple plays.

This implies that Nebraska would be close enough late in the game against Alabama where a fluke play would put them over the top. Which I don't think is correct even a little bit.

Thats not even close to what I'm implying. Im implying that the gap between elite and mediocrity in college football today is simply not very wide. Just think about it. 2 plays. 2 measly plays, and Auburn is not playing for a National title as SEC champs. Theyre probably playing, well, US in a bowl game. LOL.

Thats not even close to what I'm implying. Im implying that the gap between elite and mediocrity in college football today is simply not very wide. Just think about it. 2 plays. 2 measly plays, and Auburn is not playing for a National title as SEC champs. Theyre probably playing, well, US in a bowl game. LOL.

Ah.

I'm a moron, you see. So I'm prone to things like that.

But had Auburn had lost those games, I wouldn't say they were mediocre, they play sound football, Nebraska doesn't. When/if Nebraska does, we'll stop pointing to lucky plays as to why we are or aren't elite.

• Fire 2

Im implying that the gap between elite and mediocrity in college football today is simply not very wide. Just think about it. 2 plays. 2 measly plays, and Auburn is not playing for a National title as SEC champs.

I don't think that the latter statements do much of anything to prove the first statement.

The current staff has given zero indication that they are capable of closing that gap. That would be my point.