Media access and Nebraska Football

NUpolo8

If he knows what he's doing and it shows, even detractors like myself will enjoy having a tougher, more relevant Husker team. That's all we're really asking, right?

Exactly. I'd be ecstatic if Bo proves his detractors (me included) wrong. The problem is that it becomes less likely as we see more and more of his body of work.

If Bo would only redirect the energy he spends building up walls towards things like improving the program and embracing the fanbase, he'd do better and have fewer naysayers to combat.
You can't make everyone happy all the time. But you can make some people like you sometimes. If a portion of people who can cause turmoil and unrest with unfounded rumors and "high click columns" can be cattle led and fed at one trough, then I don't blame a coach for doing it. I don't see the 7th man at Amazon making press statements, but I know who Jeff Bezos is. NUpolo has an agenda, much like Bo has an agenda. Lets remember that.

a) There are definitely unfounded rumors and unfair criticism swirling around Bo Pelini.

b) But the lion's share of criticism he's brought on himself.

If he knows what he's doing and it shows, even detractors like myself will enjoy having a tougher, more relevant Husker team. That's all we're really asking, right?

Exactly. I'd be ecstatic if Bo proves his detractors (me included) wrong. The problem is that it becomes less likely as we see more and more of his body of work.

Yeah, no kidding. An 11 win season would please me. Hell, so would a bowl win.

If Bo would only redirect the energy he spends building up walls towards things like improving the program and embracing the fanbase, he'd do better and have fewer naysayers to combat.

I liked that zoogies. I do think that he doesn't have to work as hard and spend a lot of time to convince coaches and players that everyone is against them as opposed to getting players ready and a good game plan in place, but nonetheless, it's pretty damn frivolous

If his wall-building and stubborn pride fail to put an improved product on the field next year, he's gone.

I fully agree and expect the product on the field will be improved next season, but to even indicate he would be gone if "x" doesn't happen is......well, speculation.

Expecting an improved product on the field next season is also...well....speculation.

Without it, this board would cease to exist.

I think it's hilarious how people think he should make changes in coaching staff. This will only be the 2nd year in a row where his coaching staff hasn't turned over itself. How about we develop some continuity first before we run around with our hair on fire pointing fingers at random assistant coaches and staff thinking they're a problem.

I wish we could fire fans who think they know better than a NCAA coach what needs to happen for a team to succeed...you guys should get off the couch and put in for taking over a program if you know so much.

Yeah! We need to give Bo a chance to succeed. 6 years is not nearly enough time to win anything of significance.

6 years with 2 major assistant coaching changes and a conference change...that's pretty rough for any coach to deal with.

All coaches and teams face adversity. You overcome it or you just make excuses.

• Fire 5

Sorry, but you're wrong...you come in saying this like it's one or the other...but its not cut or dry like this. It's not overcome or excuse. Plus, the idea of overcoming hasn't been defined so you're using abstracts to argue absolutes.

Your statement is guilty of a logical fallacy and has no weight.

Well, shoot. :(

I think it's hilarious how people think he should make changes in coaching staff. This will only be the 2nd year in a row where his coaching staff hasn't turned over itself. How about we develop some continuity first before we run around with our hair on fire pointing fingers at random assistant coaches and staff thinking they're a problem.

I wish we could fire fans who think they know better than a NCAA coach what needs to happen for a team to succeed...you guys should get off the couch and put in for taking over a program if you know so much.

Yeah! We need to give Bo a chance to succeed. 6 years is not nearly enough time to win anything of significance.

6 years with 2 major assistant coaching changes and a conference change...that's pretty rough for any coach to deal with.

+1

This detail is overlooked by way too many people. This is in fact the reason that I want Bo still to be the coach.

The conference change is substantially oversold. What will our excuse be next year, I wonder? Can Bo keep making assistant coaching changes to buy himself more time??

The conference change is substantially oversold. What will our excuse be next year, I wonder? Can Bo keep making assistant coaching changes to buy himself more time??

Recruiting is the key to get us where we need to go.