**** What Did We Learn ****

The Huskers have now won nine consecutive games that were decided by six points or fewer.

But.... you know .... our strength and conditioning is terrible and our team can't keep their composure because of our hot-head coach.

Devil's advocate: Many (not all) of those close games were inferior teams we should have put away much sooner, but let them hang around before barely pulling it out. And, the fact that our eight losses in the last two seasons don't fall in this six-point category is, to say the least, nothing to brag about. If we had kept it within six points of Iowa, Michigan State, or Minnesota, that streak would be long gone. But that would be a good thing, not an indicator of poor conditioning or composure.

If we just make sure to continue to lose by seven or more, we can extend the streak to 20 and then claim great conditioning and composure for all those close wins. :sarcasm

• Fire 1

The Huskers have now won nine consecutive games that were decided by six points or fewer.

But.... you know .... our strength and conditioning is terrible and our team can't keep their composure because of our hot-head coach.

Apparently our S&C is at least on par with the Chiefs. Did you see how many guys they had going down? A few more sprints and a dozen extra squats would go a long way in preventing that knee to the head from causing a concussion.

Exactly what proof do we have that our S&C program sucks? Dobson has worked with some of the best strength coaches in the country and has won awards for his work. If your basing this off one comment from a analyst during a game when it was very hot out that is foolish. Alabama was sucking wind the other night against Oklahoma because of their offensive pace in the first quarter. Does their S&C coach suck? If somebody can actually come up some facts to back up Dobson being terrible please point them out to me. I must be missing something.

Why do people get so bothered when anyone makes even the slightest criticism of the coaches after a win ("He can't win with you people!" "You'll never be happy!")? At the end of the day KC6xiXD.gif we all jumped up and down and hugged and high fived and enjoyed the win. If we go on a discussion forum later to discuss the fact that we weren't big on this or that call or this or that strategy, what is so awful? You'd think some posters were close personal friends or family members of some of the staff. Beck has big boy pants and makes a salary in the top 0.01% of the world to do a pretty cool job. I think he can handle a few losers like me handing out some mild criticism over the internet.

We win, and fans come on and complain about certain things. Sure, that is perfectly fine. That is what this forum is partly for..I guess.

However, don't get upset when other fans find fault in your complaints and point those faults out.

My point had nothing to do with the logic of the arguments one way or the other.

And, my point is that when you make comments on a public forum be prepared to have people disagree with you. You can go somewhere on the internet and find someone that will agree with pretty much anything you write. But, there will also be people who disagree with you.

Now, I'm fine with criticism as long as it's based on factual information. I do find it odd that after a big win some fans (not necessarily talking about you) will come on here and almost every single post of theirs will be negative. I really question their mind set towards the team and program.

People get into a habit of complaining about particular things. Now, those particular things may improve and some people will still complain about those same things when the facts don't back up their claim.

A prime example is when someone complains that Beck abandoned the run. Gee...he only passed 16 times all game. Someone then put out the stats that showed he didn't throw the ball any more at the end of the game than the beginning. He didn't abandon the run and I'm not sure how many more running plays they want him to run. But, it's a habit to complain about that.

Another one is complaining about our O line. Sure, we don't have the best O line in the country. But, they have come a very long ways from where they were 3-5 years ago. We have a top 20 rushing attack and top 25 in sacks allowed. Is there room for improvement? Sure, there always is but you don't have that success without at least a decent O line. We had an RB run for over 1500 yards. Again, not possible without a decent O line.

So, yes, criticizing is perfectly fine. But, when it is based on something other than what is really happening, then it will be questioned when put on a public board.

k-bigpic.gif

My point had nothing to do with the logic of the arguments one way or the other.

Neither did mine.

Exactly what proof do we have that our S&C program sucks? Dobson has worked with some of the best strength coaches in the country and has won awards for his work. If your basing this off one comment from a analyst during a game when it was very hot out that is foolish. Alabama was sucking wind the other night against Oklahoma because of their offensive pace in the first quarter. Does their S&C coach suck? If somebody can actually come up some facts to back up Dobson being terrible please point them out to me. I must be missing something.

Proof?

qDzIkku.jpg

OK. Seriously, there isn't any proof. It's just something people like to complain about because we had quite a few injuries this year. My post was in jest.

We win, and fans come on and complain about certain things. Sure, that is perfectly fine. That is what this forum is partly for..I guess.

However, don't get upset when other fans find fault in your complaints and point those faults out.

And, my point is that when you make comments on a public forum be prepared to have people disagree with you. You can go somewhere on the internet and find someone that will agree with pretty much anything you write. But, there will also be people who disagree with you.

Now, I'm fine with criticism as long as it's based on factual information. I do find it odd that after a big win some fans (not necessarily talking about you) will come on here and almost every single post of theirs will be negative. I really question their mind set towards the team and program.

People get into a habit of complaining about particular things. Now, those particular things may improve and some people will still complain about those same things when the facts don't back up their claim.

A prime example is when someone complains that Beck abandoned the run. Gee...he only passed 16 times all game. Someone then put out the stats that showed he didn't throw the ball any more at the end of the game than the beginning. He didn't abandon the run and I'm not sure how many more running plays they want him to run. But, it's a habit to complain about that.

Another one is complaining about our O line. Sure, we don't have the best O line in the country. But, they have come a very long ways from where they were 3-5 years ago. We have a top 20 rushing attack and top 25 in sacks allowed. Is there room for improvement? Sure, there always is but you don't have that success without at least a decent O line. We had an RB run for over 1500 yards. Again, not possible without a decent O line.

So, yes, criticizing is perfectly fine. But, when it is based on something other than what is really happening, then it will be questioned when put on a public board.

Neither did mine.