Next Season's Title Game: FSU v. Nebraska

FSU is the last Florida team we need to beat to avenge the 90's.

Haha good point...maybe would be the biggest considering how we lost that game. That phantom block in the back call and the no-call of the goal-line fumble still chaps my ass. Now that I think about it, in today's era they announce the number of the player who committed the penalty. They didn't do it back in 1993. I would've loved to know who they dreamed up to call the number on that penalty.

You and me both. That block is and was complete BS. I can still remember the excitement and then the "you've got to be kidding me" when the penalty was called. Still hate FSU for that game. It pains me to cheer for them tomorrow night. If not for them playing the SEC, I wouldn't.

Agree here. If it wasn't a SEC team, I'd be pulling for anyone but FSU. The 93 game was a complete hit game by the refs. In spite of that we still could have won it. Kind of like the texas ccg - a bad kickoff and a bad penalty (hit out of bounds) placed FSU in field goal range.

You and me both. That block is and was complete BS. I can still remember the excitement and then the "you've got to be kidding me" when the penalty was called. Still hate FSU for that game. It pains me to cheer for them tomorrow night. If not for them playing the SEC, I wouldn't.

Aww, come on man. FSU was due, and it propelled us to even greater heights.

Not to mention Bobby Bowden is as classy and genuine as they come. Him and Tom had themselves an adorable little coaching bromance and respected the hell out of each others' programs.

Aww, come on man. FSU was due, and it propelled us to even greater heights.

Not to mention Bobby Bowden is as classy and genuine as they come. Him and Tom had themselves an adorable little coaching bromance and respected the hell out of each others' programs.

really.gif

Did he really say "bromance" ? And label it as "adorable" ?

The raised eyebrow was for the the dismissal of lo country's valid points as "FSU was due," as if that somehow makes up for the series of atrocious calls in that game.

Wasn't trying to dismiss the reality of the officiating - but hate the officials for it. Not the other school 20 years removed. FSU has always been a clean, classy and respectable program, surrounded by not-so-much opponents. They're a lot like Nebraska in a lot of ways. I don't know, I'm pretty fond of them and think they deserve respect.

The raised eyebrow was for the the dismissal of lo country's valid points as "FSU was due," as if that somehow makes up for the series of atrocious calls in that game.

Wasn't trying to dismiss the reality of the officiating - but hate the officials for it. Not the other school 20 years removed. FSU has always been a clean, classy and respectable program, surrounded by not-so-much opponents. They're a lot like Nebraska in a lot of ways. I don't know, I'm pretty fond of them and think they deserve respect.

Not as much as you think: http://deadspin.com/jameis-winston-isnt-the-only-problem-here-an-fsu-teac-1467707410

Not as much as you think: http://deadspin.com/...teac-1467707410

Yeah I've read that, and I meant it as a comparative statement in the context of college football as a whole. Every school, especially successful schools, have horror stories. Nebraska included.

I do blame the officials for it. That's why I talked about the calls - not the players or Bowden - in the post you quoted.

As for FSU always being "clean, classy and respectable," you may want to do some research. They were every bit as bad as Miami or Florida in the 1990s - and before you say, "Yeah, so was Nebraska," read what you wrote in bold again, and tell me how Nebraska's ills make Florida State "clean, classy and respectable."

Here's one article from the days before the Internet. Florida State was never, ever this halcyonic program you're claiming here.

• Fire 1

Wouldn't that be cool? Almost 20 years after 18-16, the rematch finally happens. I get that feeling that next year is going to be something special for us. Heck yes there are questions marks. Every team has them. However, there are so many positives. I also just have that feeling that something's going to happen. I haven't had that feeling since Osborne left.

Semi-finals: Nebraska 31 Oregon 27

FSU 44 LSU 13

Final: Nebraska 8 FSU 6 (We win on a last second field goal without the aid of any cheap calls from the refs to get us there).

Bo gets pissed at the end when his new bowl t-shirt is ruined by a Gatorade bath. He blows off the reporters as he leaves the field, still hot about the shirt. At the presser, he complains that, "If they want to fire me, go ahead." New Athletic Director, AJ Smith (formerly of the San Diego Chargers), takes him up on the offer and promptly fires Bo, then immediately hires Norv Turner to take the wheel of this dynasty!

Okay,the last paragraph was all in good fun. The reality is that at the end of the game Bo sings the school fight song with the band, stays around to give piggy back rides to kids, then takes his first vacation in 7 years, an overnight trip to Omaha. Bo then remains with the school for 4 more years, amassing an amazing 61-2 record, pulling in 3 more National Championships. Hey, if you are going to dream, why not dream big? Be that as it may, I honestly feel we'll be in the NC hunt next year. As for the piggy back rides, that might be unrealistic!

This jumped at me and I haven't read the rest of the responses. My question to you is..What on earth makes you feel this way? Its not like Georgia was THAT good. Are you relying on a Clinkscales and Stanton...etc? I am just curious what makes you feel that way?

I'm a Florida State fan. They're not a perfect program, because that's impossible. But they're one of the cleaner and classier big time programs around. I liked Bobby Bowden as well as Jimbo Fisher. Winston is the best quarterback of his age and experience that I've ever seen. I like the way they play offense and love the way they play defense. It's been a long time since I've seen a college football team with the kind of speed they have on defense. I'm hoping that it we keep adding talent we might be able to come close to what they're doing.

I have not felt that Nebraska is going to be in any kind of title hunt after the Texas loss in 2010. I still don't feel it. I have hopes that a good qb will come in some day but, unless Stanton is that guy. Were a long way from contending for a national title.

Agreed. We need to worry about conference titles first. Maybe get a BCS game for this coaching staff, for the players.

Yep; We need to go get a Conference title then we can look for more. If it all come in one season, more power to them but we have a lot of growing to do yet. If we could eliminate the "stupid mistakes" then maybe we would be in the discussion of a conference title. I think TA will mature a lot this off season and I hope our guys all challenge the heck out of each other in the weight room. I think Stanton will challenge for sure but TA will be odds on favorite to start out the season. These factors would help going forward and then some tweaks in the position coaches would also help. IMO