L. David makes All-Pro team

This from Darrelle Revis, Tampa Bay Pro bowler on David.

He saved his highest praise for Lavonte David, and he believes strongly that one of the 2011 NFL Draft’s steals (Doug Martin was another one of those steals in that draft) deserves a Pro Bowl berth this season. “I’m telling you, if Lavonte doesn’t get a Pro Bowl nod this year, then something is going on. The voting must be rigged or something. I know that’s a whole other subject, but that’s a word and I’m allowed to use that word.’’

Oh, and the above quote was from September 2013.........

http://nflspinzone.com/2013/09/19/darrelle-revis-strongly-believes-lavonte-david-pro-bowler/

David got screwed. Pure BS!

David is one of my favorite Huskers of all time. He always thinks one step higher as in "I'm going for the tackle AND the strip, because he has a first down and we really need the ball back." or, "How do I hit the guy at the goal line so I stop him on HIS side of the line of scrimmage."

His thought processes remind me of NBA Hall of Famer Bill Russell, who not only anticipated blocking a shot, but was also figuring out how to block it so it went where he wanted it to go.

He was about the only reason to pay attention to Tampa Bay this year. Man, the guy was awesome. That pro bowl snub was complete crap. The only reason I can imagine it is because of how bad the team was...but these are INDIVIDUAL selections, not picking players on playoff teams.

Anyway, congrats, Lavonte!

• 5 months later...