Why college football is better off without the BCS

Really don't accuse others of "convoluted" when you're drunk posting. We've heard all year how "they won it on the field" when you meant did better in the layoffs instead of the regular season. Now we find out there are at least 5 teams who could have put up a better fight than whatever we saw today. Playoffs cure nothing, just one method among many.

All Ive gathered from the retorts is Notre Dame would be terrified to play USC twl.ice in the same season. No wonder they picked the Trojans over the Huskers to be their riva

Huh?

Lol okay that may have been me trying to stir the pot. But really whats wrong with rematches in the postseason, Nebraska has become quite accustomed to themnoger the last six years. It doesnt automaticaly mean Mulligan, it can also mean an instant classic just got a dose of double vision.

As far as the USC over Nebraska thing, its my understanding back in the day ND had a choice between NU and USC. I really wish they wouldve snubbed the Trojans, I always felt and ND vs NU annual series would be a great rivalry.

All Ive gathered from the retorts is Notre Dame would be terrified to play USC twl.ice in the same season. No wonder they picked the Trojans over the Huskers to be their riva

Huh?

Lol okay that may have been me trying to stir the pot. But really whats wrong with rematches in the postseason,

Mostly because the unaffiliated fans can skip the first one.

Huh?

Lol okay that may have been me trying to stir the pot. But really whats wrong with rematches in the postseason,

How do you know it's the first one?

Huh?

Ummm they wont be announcing any bowl or playoff rematches until after the season so this makes no sense to me.

We just had a Stanford-UCLA game with a guaranteed rematch the next week. I don't why we're debating the possibility of rematches when they've already happened.

Didn't you guys get hosed one year by Oklahoma getting a bowl rematch?

No we got hosed by losing to Oklahoma then having to face Washington in a bowl rematch. That was half on us for losing the Big 12 title game and half on Dan Beebe as a middle finger to us for leaving his conference. It sucked sure, the team didn't get up for it and we deserved to lose. It happens.

We just played Georgia twice in a row now in back to back season ending bowl games. There was griping on both sides for sure but we came out on top this year.

I understand what your getting at. Like Alabama playing LSU in the BCS title game......again. Once was enough for me that year. But if we had a 4 team playoff that year they wouldn't have been seeded together in a semifinal. And if they had been, great you eliminate one SEC team by having them face eachother. Rematches don't have to be a bad thing, if the game lived up to the hype the first go around. I'm betting if Notre Dame lost on a controversial call to USC to cost the Irish an undefeated season you would love nothing more than a shot to crack them upside the head and get revenge.

I don't see it as a mulligan, I see it as 4 of the top deserving teams getting a shot at the National Championship and #3 not being left out like we've seen multiple times. Tradition is not lost here.

But if you want to go on the greedy Husker fan in me, losing the BCS just cost us the easiest shot at a 6th National Championship, having a 4 team playoff just makes the road harder. But the overall product of College Football will be better for it.

We just had a Stanford-UCLA game with a guaranteed rematch the next week. I don't why we're debating the possibility of rematches when they've already happened.

Didn't you guys get hosed one year by Oklahoma getting a bowl rematch?

No we got hosed by losing to Oklahoma then having to face Washington in a bowl rematch. That was half on us for losing the Big 12 title game and half on Dan Beebe as a middle finger to us for leaving his conference. It sucked sure, the team didn't get up for it and we deserved to lose. It happens.

1978 I believe he's speaking of.

• 3 weeks later...

So college football may be better off without the BCS, but is it better off with a new weekly poll conducted by the Football Writers of America Association and the National Football Foundation? It will be called the FWAA-NFF Grantland Rice Super 16. It will only vote for the top 16 teams.

Thoughts?

http://college-football.si.com/2014/02/25/fwaa-nff-grantland-rice-super-16-poll/?xid=nl_siextra

Pros of the playoff:

Teams #3 get to prove their worth instead of "settling" for a BCS bowl

More football with more quality matchups

Less "I think Team A beats Team B if they had played"

The FBS no longer the ONLY tier of football NOT using playoff format

Cons:

People will complain about biased seeding

Harder to win a championship

The 8 or 16 team camps still wont be happy

The Big12 and Notre Dame could get left out with no conference championship games

Wait a tick, how did that last one slip to the cons section. You belong in the pros section little fella.