B1G West

Sparker

Wisconsin gets way to much love.

How do you figure that?

- Three straight rose bowls

- Won nine games this year, and were two plays away from 11 (including the 'play' that the officials screwed them on against a really good ASU team).

- 39 wins over the last 4 seasons. Just as good as us overall, but also have curbstomped us twice.

How do you figure that?

- Won nine games this year, and were two plays away from 11 (including the 'play' that the officials screwed them on against a really good ASU team).

- 39 wins over the last 4 seasons. Just as good as us overall, but also have curbstomped us twice.

New coach...stomped by PSU (At home, I think)...Lost the only non-conference game they have played that was vs a real team. Lost their bowl game this year...

Honestly, look at it, they played 3 "good" teams this year...ASU (loss)...OSU(Loss)...S. Car(Loss)...then they lost to crappy PSU

One of the best teams in the conference the last twenty years and by far the most successful in the West since 2000 but yea ok, too much love.

Even I'll admit that given the current state of the different programs in the West Nebraska should win more division titles than Wisconsin. NU has better (at least more expensive) coaching, better (at least historically) recruting, better facilities and what not. That said, a lot of things that should happen often don't happen as we all know. Wisconsin shouldn't have won the B1G in 2011 or 2012. Nebraska shouldn't be on a six year four-loss-a-season streak but they are. Who knows what will happen.

• Fire 1

How do you figure that?

New coach...stomped by PSU (At home, I think)...Lost the only non-conference game they have played that was vs a real team. Lost their bowl game this year...

Honestly, look at it, they played 3 "good" teams this year...ASU (loss)...OSU(Loss)...S. Car(Loss)...then they lost to crappy PSU

Okay, but they're also ranked #22 - not exactly being hyped to outrageous levels, right?

So what exactly do you mean by them getting way too much love? Are you referring specifically to this year's team? I mean, they were still a good football team. Like i said - I'm not one for playing the "if" or "shoulda" game, but sometimes there are extenuating circumstances such as that ASU loss, and they were one play away from being as good as OSU that night.

But in general, they've earned their respect over the last 4 years. Moreso than we have.

One of the best teams in the conference the last twenty years and by far the most successful in the West since 2000 but yea ok, too much love.

Even I'll admit that given the current state of the different programs in the West Nebraska should win more division titles than Wisconsin. NU has better (at least more expensive) coaching, better (at least historically) recruting, better facilities and what not. That said, a lot of things that should happen often don't happen as we all know. Wisconsin shouldn't have won the B1G in 2011 or 2012. Nebraska shouldn't be on a six year four-loss-a-season streak but they are. Who knows what will happen.

Look, lets face it, no one really cares what you did a few years back...only the last season and then into the current season. Wisky had 4 losses last season, right? All 3 good teams they played worked them over for the most part and they lost at home to PSU.

If that is your idea of good, then, amen, you guys had a good season.

Best team over the last 20 years, great! NU is probably the best over the last 30...but who cares? I don't. You don't.

You know I am right, which is why you are upset about it.

You think Bama fans are happy with getting beat up the last two games?

How do you figure that?

Okay, but they're also ranked #22 - not exactly being hyped to outrageous levels, right?

So what exactly do you mean by them getting way too much love? Are you referring specifically to this year's team? I mean, they were still a good football team. Like i said - I'm not one for playing the "if" or "shoulda" game, but sometimes there are extenuating circumstances such as that ASU loss, and they were one play away from being as good as OSU that night.

But in general, they've earned their respect over the last 4 years. Moreso than we have.

Fantastic question!

1. I don't get the "respect" thing. It is college football, not my neighbor or brother in-law

2. They were kind of the same as Iowa, Minny, NU and I guess you could toss in PSU since PSU beat them so badly. They are/were a pretty average team this year. The year before, weren't they like 7-6?

They've earned it.

Faltered this year at the end, but I think they are a solid team capable of beating anyone in the Big 10

Earned what, though? In the last two years at they 16-11? (I could be off on that, I am just taking a guess) with 1 win over a ranked team? NU? I could be wrong on that too. Just guessing.

Look, lets face it, no one really cares what you did a few years back...only the last season and then into the current season. Wisky had 4 losses last season, right? All 3 good teams they played worked them over for the most part and they lost at home to PSU.

Best team over the last 20 years, great! NU is probably the best over the last 30...but who cares? I don't. You don't.

Why is everyone so hung up on 9 wins, or 4 losses.

Everyone cares about the recent history.

Do you think they recruit off of last years results? Bama would win every year

Teams like Michigan State who sucked it up last year wouldn't have been any better.

You know I am right.

Why is everyone so hung up on 9 wins, or 4 losses.

Everyone cares about the recent history.

Do you think they recruit off of last years results? Bama would win every year

Teams like Michigan State who sucked it up last year wouldn't have been any better.

You know I am right.

Yes...I think you are right

I guess I'm just trying to wrap my head around the "too" part of your originial statement. That implies a comparison. "Too" compared to what?

This past year we had the same record as Nebraska though our losses weren't nearly as bad. 3/4 were close losses and combined were by only 26 points, three of which were to ranked teams, two that ended up in the top 10. We also had the sixth best defense in the country and the 20th best offense. I don't know if you watched our games but I have a feeling you didn't, to say we got "worked" is just simply false.

Looking at the teams forming the West Wisconsin had the best team and season last year, really isn't much room for a debate.

I brought up the past 10-20 years because they're relevant for your "too" comparison. Compared to whom? Who should be getting the love in the West? Nebraska already has it and Wisconsin deserves it too. We've done very well in this conference in recent decades and did very well, given our team, last year.

Earned what, though? In the last two years at they 16-11?

Wait a second but I thought...

no one really cares what you did a few years back...only the last season and then into the current season.

Huh. Which is it?

All 3 good teams they played worked them over for the most part and they lost at home to PSU.

Uh. Lost by 2, lost by 7, lost by 4, lost by 10. Really worked over big time.

(I could be off on that, I am just taking a guess)

You are off. They are 17-10.

I could be wrong on that too. Just guessing.

Well, you are wrong on that too. They have wins over #14 Nebraska, #18 Northwestern and #23 Minnesota.