B1G West

Sparker

Wisconsin gets way to much love.

One of the best teams in the conference the last twenty years and by far the most successful in the West since 2000 but yea ok, too much love.

Even I'll admit that given the current state of the different programs in the West Nebraska should win more division titles than Wisconsin. NU has better (at least more expensive) coaching, better (at least historically) recruting, better facilities and what not. That said, a lot of things that should happen often don't happen as we all know. Wisconsin shouldn't have won the B1G in 2011 or 2012. Nebraska shouldn't be on a six year four-loss-a-season streak but they are. Who knows what will happen.

Look, lets face it, no one really cares what you did a few years back...only the last season and then into the current season. Wisky had 4 losses last season, right? All 3 good teams they played worked them over for the most part and they lost at home to PSU.

If that is your idea of good, then, amen, you guys had a good season.

Best team over the last 20 years, great! NU is probably the best over the last 30...but who cares? I don't. You don't.

You know I am right, which is why you are upset about it.

You think Bama fans are happy with getting beat up the last two games?

I guess I'm just trying to wrap my head around the "too" part of your originial statement. That implies a comparison. "Too" compared to what?

This past year we had the same record as Nebraska though our losses weren't nearly as bad. 3/4 were close losses and combined were by only 26 points, three of which were to ranked teams, two that ended up in the top 10. We also had the sixth best defense in the country and the 20th best offense. I don't know if you watched our games but I have a feeling you didn't, to say we got "worked" is just simply false.

Looking at the teams forming the West Wisconsin had the best team and season last year, really isn't much room for a debate.

I am having a hard time wrapping my head around your statement about my statement of me using "too" when I did not use that.

Secondly, Wisconsin compared TOO pretty much any other team I mentioned PSU, NU, MINNY, IOWA, is basically the same. Losing close??? Is that like "almost f'ing a hot girl?"

You know how you get good? You BEAT those teams instead of bragging about how you lost.

2014 Conference Schedule

- 09.27 - vs. Illinois (1-7)

- 10.04 - @ Michigan State (8-0)

BYE

- 10.18 - @ Northwestern (1-7)

- 10.25 - vs. Rutgers (0-0)

- 11.01 - vs. Purdue (0-8)

BYE

- 11.15 - @ Wisconsin (6-2)

- 11.22 - vs. Minnesota (4-4)

- 11.28 - @ Iowa (5-3)

I think the schedule really sets up nicely for Nebraska next season.

Illinois serves as our conference warm-up game.

Sparty provides our first, and perhaps biggest, challenge of the season. In East Lansing against the reigning conference champs WITHOUT Taylor Martinez? Woof.

After a BYE we travel to Evanston for the easiest of our 4 road games. I'm sure Northwestern will be ready for payback after the Westerkatch.

Hi Rutgers. Bye Rutgers. Have a nice trip back to New Jersey.

Hi Purdue. Bye Purdue. Have a nice trip back to West Lafayette.

After another much needed BYE week, we must go back to Madison. It will be huge for the future rivalry to not get stomped again. It could decide the division after all.

The Gophers comes to town and I'm hoping for a dominant effort after what they did to us last season. Can't lose to Minnesota at home.

And we wrap it up in that barren wasteland otherwise known as Iowa City. I'm just hoping it's not as cold and windy this time around. Never know what to expect on Black Friday.

Last year the bye weeks killed us UCLA and Michigan state both had bye weeks before our game ,good to have a bye week before Wisconsin but the bye didn't help us much against the Gophers

Wisconsin has earned our respect by slapping us around like its bitch twice while giving us all we could handle at home. If it hadnt already, they earned the rest the Big Tens respect by representing the league in the Rose Bowl 3 straight times.

May be in everyones best interest to respect them this year as well since it will likely be our toughest division game.

Wisconsin gets way to much love.

One of the best teams in the conference the last twenty years and by far the most successful in the West since 2000 but yea ok, too much love.

Even I'll admit that given the current state of the different programs in the West Nebraska should win more division titles than Wisconsin. NU has better (at least more expensive) coaching, better (at least historically) recruting, better facilities and what not. That said, a lot of things that should happen often don't happen as we all know. Wisconsin shouldn't have won the B1G in 2011 or 2012. Nebraska shouldn't be on a six year four-loss-a-season streak but they are. Who knows what will happen.

Look, lets face it, no one really cares what you did a few years back...only the last season and then into the current season. Wisky had 4 losses last season, right? All 3 good teams they played worked them over for the most part and they lost at home to PSU.

If that is your idea of good, then, amen, you guys had a good season.

Best team over the last 20 years, great! NU is probably the best over the last 30...but who cares? I don't. You don't.

You know I am right, which is why you are upset about it.

You think Bama fans are happy with getting beat up the last two games?

I guess I'm just trying to wrap my head around the "too" part of your originial statement. That implies a comparison. "Too" compared to what?

This past year we had the same record as Nebraska though our losses weren't nearly as bad. 3/4 were close losses and combined were by only 26 points, three of which were to ranked teams, two that ended up in the top 10. We also had the sixth best defense in the country and the 20th best offense. I don't know if you watched our games but I have a feeling you didn't, to say we got "worked" is just simply false.

Looking at the teams forming the West Wisconsin had the best team and season last year, really isn't much room for a debate.

I am having a hard time wrapping my head around your statement about my statement of me using "too" when I did not use that.

Secondly, Wisconsin compared TOO pretty much any other team I mentioned PSU, NU, MINNY, IOWA, is basically the same. Losing close??? Is that like "almost f'ing a hot girl?"

You know how you get good? You BEAT those teams instead of bragging about how you lost.

So Wisconsin, Nebraska, Penn State, Minnesota and Iowa are all in the same tier?

You don't think that Wisconsin has beat those teams?

Since 2011, within the common pool of opponents the teams have the following win %:

Wisconsin: 70%

Nebraska: 66%

Penn State: 44%

Iowa: 33%

Minnesota: 30%

This is a dumb debate. You keep moving the goalposts. You don't like Wisconsin, got it, all you had to say.

It is exactly what I said...the last year and the season before that...that is all people really care about.

that's not what you said actually

only the last season and then into the current season.

2013 was last season. be consistent and keep 2012 out of this then. but going back to your original point - why do they get "so much" love? if they are similar or comparable to NU, PSU, and Minnesota? We are ranked 25th, they are ranked 22nd. SO MUCH LOVE. Minnesota was ranked until they lost head to head to Wisconsin. SO MUCH LOVE.

It is exactly what I said...the last year and the season before that...that is all people really care about.

2013 was last season. be consistent and keep 2012 out of this then. but going back to your original point - why do they get "so much" love? if they are similar or comparable to NU, PSU, and Minnesota? We are ranked 25th, they are ranked 22nd. SO MUCH LOVE. Minnesota was ranked until they lost head to head to Wisconsin. SO MUCH LOVE.

Yes, agreed, thank you!

No no...come back...Wisky's 17-10 record over the last two seasons is simply amazing. They are the best 17-10 team ever...

And NU is the best 18-8 team ever over that same stretch...

Get over yourself...

So first you just wanted to talk about last year. Now you want to talk about the last two seasons?

Moving the goalposts fast as you can. Nice.

Just say what you mean: you don't like Wisconsin and don't want to see them do well or get attention. That's fine and perfectly reasonable. I won't give you any crap for that but the whole "let my constantly adjust my paramaters until I can make them look bad" game is old.

No no...come back...Wisky's 17-10 record over the last two seasons is simply amazing. They are the best 17-10 team ever...

And NU is the best 18-8 team ever over that same stretch...

Get over yourself...

So first you just wanted to talk about last year. Now you want to talk about the last two seasons?

Moving the goalposts fast as you can. Nice.

I was making fun of you...lets just chat about last year...9-4 right? You think that's great? You think they deserve lots of love?

I don't...I also don't think that NU does for the same, basically crappy, season.

Look, I get it, you think a 9-4 season with losses vs all the good teams you played and then getting beat at home by PSU is a good season. I don't

Just like I don't think NU had a good season.

Yes, agreed, thank you!

giphy.gif