B1G West

Sparker

But, each year, Stanford and Wisky lose a game or 2 that make you think "what the hell happened?" and they usually lose games against teams with standout speed and they come nowhere near the national title hunt.

Yeah, because Stanford and Wisconsin are the only teams in the country that lose a game or two every year :rolleyes:

Standout speed teams though? Might want to look at the Stanford/Oregon results the last two seasons.

Nowhere near the national title hunt you say? Stanford finished 7th, 7th and 11th the last three years. That is at least "near" the hunt. Wisconsin was two hail marys away from playing for the title in 2011. That's at least a little close.

Geez, every pro-Stanford person throws out the Stanford-Oregon games the past 2 seasons. I have never seen a program get so much credit for winning one big game a year. Yes, I know the Pac 12 is tough, but the only reason NU fans look at Stanford and Wisconsin as teams we want to be like, is because NU has been so average the past decade.

Yeah you already mentioned that last point - almost word for word. But so what? If you're not great, it's natural to want to be great.

But just so I'm not giving them so much credit for one big win a year -

2011 Stanford beat #22 Washington, #20 USC, and #22 Notre Dame.

2012 Stanford beat #2 USC, #13 Oregon State, #1 Oregon, #15 UCLA and #17 UCLA again. Oh, and Wisconsin.

2013 Stanford beat #23 Arizona State, #15 Washington, #9 UCLA, #2 Oregon, #25 Notre Dame, and #11 Arizona State again.

I hope the fans are not as dickish as I have heard. I really don't want to be drinking my 10th beer only to have some badger fan scream "f#*k YOU" in my face.

Not going to lie, wouldn't suprise me if something like that were to happen. The younger folks are...not so nice sometimes.

Oh well, I can live with it. Just so long as I can party!!!

Tell me 3 cool bars around campus I should hit.

I've got a buddy who goes to some Dairy Farmer Convention every year in Madison. He said it's a cool town, with lots of beer/bars handy. He also mentioned there being an anomalous amount of fat white women.....You know, if you're into that sort of thing....

I hope the fans are not as dickish as I have heard. I really don't want to be drinking my 10th beer only to have some badger fan scream "f#*k YOU" in my face.

Not going to lie, wouldn't suprise me if something like that were to happen. The younger folks are...not so nice sometimes.

Oh well, I can live with it. Just so long as I can party!!!

Tell me 3 cool bars around campus I should hit.

I've got a buddy who goes to some Dairy Farmer Convention every year in Madison. He said it's a cool town, with lots of beer/bars handy. He also mentioned there being an anomalous amount of fat white women.....You know, if you're into that sort of thing....

tumblr_inline_mk732hQbXl1qz4rgp.jpg

Geez, every pro-Stanford person throws out the Stanford-Oregon games the past 2 seasons. I have never seen a program get so much credit for winning one big game a year. Yes, I know the Pac 12 is tough, but the only reason NU fans look at Stanford and Wisconsin as teams we want to be like, is because NU has been so average the past decade.

preception is reality... Stanford-Oregon reminds me alot of OU-Texas in the middle 2000's one big game can shape a season and the out look of a program. 90's FSU-Miami as well.

when I think 2001... first thing that always jumps to my mind is 62-36, then I mentally vomit.

I am not following the line of thought that Wisconsin was average at best from some of you guys. They actually played pretty well all season except, they faded down the stretch losing their last 2 games kind of like Nebraska did in 2012. Up until the PSU game they were looking at Wisconsin as an at large for a BCS game.

They really took PSU lightly and did not show up to play in that game. The final score was not indicative of how poorly they played in that game. I also have to give PSU credit they did play well. If you watched any of the Wisky/USC game you will have saw a team that dominated the first 3 q of the game in Wisconsin and let the momentum slip away and they ended up losing also similar to NU in their bowl games the previous years.

Moving forward for Wisconsin I think they are a little down next year. They have Gordon and Stave back, but they lose Abberderis (sp) who was their only real passing threat at WR and the TE that was so good for them, Pederson I think his name was. They lose the heart and soul of their defense with Borland graduating and quit a bit otherwise.

I do agree with the view that the BIG Will be viewed a lot like the Big 12 North, but I don't think it is a fair assessment, I think it will be much more competitive with the East than the North ever was. Just my opinion.

Speaking of dumb conference splits, the ACC wants to keep divisions but not play everyone in the division and the two top records in the conference will play in the title game, not the division winners necessarily.

What? Do you have a link or something? That sounds ridiculous.

Speaking of dumb conference splits, the ACC wants to keep divisions but not play everyone in the division and the two top records in the conference will play in the title game, not the division winners necessarily.

What? Do you have a link or something? That sounds ridiculous.

I think it's this

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10273908/acc-commissioner-john-swofford-favors-title-game-qualifying-redo

Thats assinine. Do away with the divisions then. Nobody knows who is in Coastal or Atlantic anyway. Hell the teams probably dont even know.

Like most people even know who is in the ACC to begin with. The names of the divisions have been Coastal and Atlantic since they expanded to 12 teams years ago.