B1G West

Sparker

1. You all have played them every year now so the coaches should be familiar with them.

2. Beat them there in '12.

3. Last matchup, while a blowout, would probably have been much closer w/o the turnovers so if those are under control this one may go better.

4. Illinois game the week before should be light.

Still though if I'm a Nebraska fan and I have to pick one game next year as a probable loss it's MSU, not UW which I feel is a toss up looking at it right now. Most of your tougher games (Iowa, UW) at their very worst are tosses not losses...just too early to tell.

It's pretty simple really. We've played Wisconsin and Michigan State three times each. WIsconsin has depantsed us twice, and are one epic Martinez comeback and botched 4th down call away from owning the series 3-0. We've beaten Michigan State twice, including one absolutely dominating performance, and also played well enough to win the third time (sans turnovers, which I understand, are part of the game. We shouldn't have won - but we were capable of winning).

I don't see the MSU game as a blowout. You can look at final scores, even though we only lost by 13 anyways, but those don't tell much of a story. Any game that you are still within a realistic chance in the fourth quarter doesn't qualify as a blowout, in my opinion.

Thus far we have proven capable of having success against their defense that other teams haven't been capable of, while we don't have much of anything to hang our hats on against Wisconsin.

Even with the turnovers we were never out against Sparty. They played tough for 4. We were able to run it downhill at their vauntd D. I think our staff just has the kryptonite to level the field against MSU regardless of their season. Wiscy has our achilles heel backed into a corner and pissing its pants. Need to get a big win this year to level the series out.