SIGNED - DT Khalil Davis

Ed Helms

Maybe the twins can talk Riley into keeping Kaz... haha I love that guy, the players love that guy, and more importantly, the opposing teams hate that guy. I know it is a long shot, but would like to see him stay.

I'd like to see Kaz stay too. Really want these kids in, we seem to do real well with twins. ie. Bullocks, Longs

“I just think they felt like they needed to listen to other people and they don’t know those coaches, so I feel like any kid might do that,” he said. “I think there heart is still with the Nebraska Cornhuskers but that really depends on who the next defensive line coach is going to be or how the meeting with coach Riley goes.

“They’re looking forward to meeting Mike Riley, so don’t listen to what you’re hearing,” he said. “The report that they’re not interested - they absolutely are interested in Nebraska. They are interested in meeting coach Riley. It’s going to come down to him and who Nebraska hires as its defensive line coach. That’s the deal.”

“I just think they felt like they needed to listen to other people and they don’t know those coaches, so I feel like any kid might do that,” he said. “I think there heart is still with the Nebraska Cornhuskers but that really depends on who the next defensive line coach is going to be or how the meeting with coach Riley goes.

“They’re looking forward to meeting Mike Riley, so don’t listen to what you’re hearing,” he said. “The report that they’re not interested - they absolutely are interested in Nebraska. They are interested in meeting coach Riley. It’s going to come down to him and who Nebraska hires as its defensive line coach. That’s the deal.”

tumblr_m2lv5c2QYr1rry5evo1_500.gif

• Fire 1

Twin 2015 defensive line commits Carlos and Khalil Davis have not yet decommitted from Nebraska, said their mom, Tracy Davis, on Tuesday.

But new Husker coach Mike Riley's in-home visit Wednesday night will play a key role in whether the twins stay committed, Tracy Davis said. She had not heard about two tweets from Kansas City Star reporter Sam McDowell, citing a conversation with Carlos Davis, that Nebraska had been ruled out of consideration, but also said that she and her husband, Carl Davis, are part of the decision-making process, too.
"Nebraska is still in the picture, yes," Tracy Davis said. "And I need to talk to the boys about being careful what they say. These are kids. The family is still very interested in Nebraska and we'll wait and see the coach and how the boys feel about him. Whether there's a chemistry there. Because that's important."

OWH