When Four Losses Per Year is Too Much

knapplc

Take away the whole Bo vs Bo groups and he has accomplished something that very few have in their first 6 years.

He has won 9 games each year.

He is the first to do it while taking over a team with a losing record.

He is one of only 2 others to have done so at his first school as HC. The other 2? TO and Barry Schwitzer.

We play more games, but there are also less schollies, no more partial qualifiers, parity etc......

Still on the fence about Bo, but saw tons of improvement on D. I hope he puts it all together.

• Fire 3

We play more games, but there are also less schollies, no more partial qualifiers, parity etc......

+1 pretty much how I see, but if I may point out, Bo has 54 wins within his first 12 games of each season, equaling TO's first 12 of his first 6 games (see post #39 in this thread). More games, while it gives you the opportunity to win more, it does the exact opposite as well. Bo has not done a great job in finishing the year out, as he has gone 10-2 two times before the CCG and bowl game. He closed out this year with an inexperienced QB and a young defensive group.

The future is bright. If you don't think so, I am sorry, but its going to be a long summer for those who at least doesn't give benefit of the doubt.

Bo's current win % is .707

Nebraska's all-time win % is .701

It doesn't seem fair to criticize him if his win percentage is higher than the school's all-time win percentage.

Bo has proven himself far better than Bill Jennings and Bernie Masterson, but I'd still like to see him reach Ewald Stiehm, Bummy Booth or Langdon Frothingham percentages.

• Fire 5

I've been kicking around the idea for a while now that King Tom did the fans no favors by retiring at the peak of his career.

As Harvey Dent once said, you either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain. I know you think he made the right decision, and I do too. Going out on top was the right move for him. We've seen plenty of instances where coaches stick around probably longer than they should, despite having success (Phil Fulmer and Bobby Bowden come to mind).

If TO had taken over after Callahan, there's way too many what ifs involved for me to think we could have an honest discussion. Now, I do think we probably pull in another championship or two if TO stays on awhile longer than '97.

I've been kicking around the idea for a while now that King Tom did the fans no favors by retiring at the peak of his career.

As Harvey Dent once said, you either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain. I know you think he made the right decision, and I do too. Going out on top was the right move for him. We've seen plenty of instances where coaches stick around probably longer than they should, despite having success (Phil Fulmer and Bobby Bowden come to mind).

If TO had taken over after Callahan, there's way too many what ifs involved for me to think we could have an honest discussion. Now, I do think we probably pull in another championship or two if TO stays on awhile longer than '97.

I agree, there are way too many ifs involved. But the main "if" i'm concerned with is, would the fans be having this discussion if the record remained the same?

Bo's current win % is .707

Nebraska's all-time win % is .701

It doesn't seem fair to criticize him if his win percentage is higher than the school's all-time win percentage.

ummm....

Winning percentage since 1962- .741

Shouldn't we use that as the winning percentage to compare to?

p.s. winning percentage since 1962 w/o Bill Callahan - .801 that should be our mark in actuality

• Fire 1
  • 5 weeks later...