How many commits in the 2014 Class?

Not unusual to give walk-ons a single semester when one becomes available.

maybe, I just don't remember hearing about it though. I can't think of any others. Usually we hear about these things mid-summer.

We usually hear about the ones who are permanently on scholarship in mid-summer. The semester-long ones are not always announced. Only through the magic of Twitter do we hear about them.

Based on the numbers I'm coming up with there is only one scholarship left. If they take 2 more and Harrison ends up coming then the semester scholarship makes sense for Williams.

Seems like there are always one or two that don't end up qualifying for one reason or another so it will work itself out in the end.

3 open scholly's left - OT, DE, and DB. I think we end up getting Frison and a DE and missing on a DB. That leaves 25 commits, with Harrison included. I feel pretty confident about that outcome.

How do you figure 3 openings left? 25 per year is the max but we have to stay under 85 as well.

Just have to be under 85 by the time fall camp comes around...so guys possibly leaving (Guy, Afalava, Moss, TobiO, etc), been mentioned that AWilliams and Burtch were possibly put on 1 semester schollys for now, and some might not make it to campus like Harrison (MLB) and Stewart (reported possibly academic problems). Plus I believe we could have possibly put Keels, Cockrell and maybe Darlington into last years since they enrolled early.

3 open scholly's left - OT, DE, and DB. I think we end up getting Frison and a DE and missing on a DB. That leaves 25 commits, with Harrison included. I feel pretty confident about that outcome.

How do you figure 3 openings left? 25 per year is the max but we have to stay under 85 as well.

Just have to be under 85 by the time fall camp comes around...so guys possibly leaving (Guy, Afalava, Moss, TobiO, etc), been mentioned that AWilliams and Burtch were possibly put on 1 semester schollys for now, and some might not make it to campus like Harrison (MLB) and Stewart (reported possibly academic problems). Plus I believe we could have possibly put Keels, Cockrell and maybe Darlington into last years since they enrolled early.

It doesn't matter where you put Keels, Cockrell and Darlington, they can all go onto last year's count but they still have to be under 85. Accounting for all of the guys leaving that you mentioned above, with the Williams and Burtch scholarships and all of the guys that have verbally committed we have 1 spot left on the 85. Which is why I mentioned "If they take 2 more and Harrison ends up coming then the semester scholarship makes sense for Williams."

It doesn't matter where you put Keels, Cockrell and Darlington, they can all go onto last year's count but they still have to be under 85. Accounting for all of the guys leaving that you mentioned above, with the Williams and Burtch scholarships and all of the guys that have verbally committed we have 1 spot left on the 85. Which is why I mentioned "If they take 2 more and Harrison ends up coming then the semester scholarship makes sense for Williams."

Yes 85 by the time fall roles around, not now

I think take 3 more

Frison

McClain

Blair/Avery/Bush

Yes 85 by the time fall roles around, not now

I think take 3 more

Frison

McClain

Blair/Avery/Bush

Probably a smart thing to do since 2-3 recruits don't end up making it to campus. Has to be hard for the coaches since they want everybody to make it - I'm guessing that's when the Williams and Burtch schollies would turn into semester deals?