Cosgrove leaving?

I have a feeling that he will take this job...makes me wonder ahead of time who else to bring in.

and i have the opposite. i'm thinking he's gonna stay.

again, gut feeling. i'm thinking that he wants to see how this defense develops.

hope your right, this team is really close it seems like...hope it stays that way with coz making the calls.

I'm thinking Coz is gone. There is no way he turns down that job for twice as much $$. Plus its not like Nebraska fans and media have given him any respect.

I'd like to see Blake take over as D-Coordinator otherwise I think he is the next to start getting offers.

This is going to be the problem with running pro style offense and defense and winning. Our coaches will probably turn over every few years.

The Vikes fired most of the remaining assistants today. Nothing alarming. I think there were 11 total. 4 more are being held over for interviews with the new staff. Cottrell was horrible anyway, and was called out by a couple players half way through the season for running a terrible defensive scheme, so don't read too much into it.

the vikings could be a good team... they have most of the parts to be a contender. w/ out the off the field issues i see them in the playoffs next year if the coaching change goes over well

They have playmakers everywhere on that team, they need good coaches. Tice was a friggin joke and now that McCombs cheap ass sold the team to someone who cares more about winning than about staying $20 million under the salary cap, the team is going to shoot straight up. I like the Childress hire and from what I am hearing, this Tomlin fella seems like he will do well also. But anyways, back to Cosgrove...

If the Vikes are gonna offer him 400,000 and he is strongly considering it, the University should pony up enough dough to keep him here. Cosgrove made huge strides this season with the defense with a very inexperienced secondary and a middle linebacker that had hardly ever seen the field. I want to see what he can do with a couple more years.

If the Vikes are gonna offer him 400,000 and he is strongly considering it, the University should pony up enough dough to keep him here. Cosgrove made huge strides this season with the defense with a very inexperienced secondary and a middle linebacker that had hardly ever seen the field. I want to see what he can do with a couple more years.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Coz is pry just waiting for the university to give him a pay raise (much like worked for Nutt a couple years back) now that his name is being specualted for other jobs.

My personal opinion is if NU matches or at least comes close to the Vikings offer, Coz will stay. If he really wants to be a college head coach, I think that helping the Huskers return to "power" will help his chances more than being a position coach in the NFL.

Pony up how much though?

IIRC, Cosgrove is already among the highest paid assistants in all of CFB.

Maybe so, but I remember Pelini made $250,000 in his one year. They should offer him at least that, all the way up to $300,000, a good enough raise to know that he is wanted here.