DB Markell Boston [Auburn - Signed LOI]

Boston just committed to ECU, but he is getting some attention late by several schools, including Alabama and Nebraska. Boston visited Alabama this past weekend but no offer yet.

Here is a quote from his HS DC:

"Markell has tremendous upside in regards to being a defensive back," Boston's defensive coordinator Ahmand Tinker told BamaOnline. "His potential right now is so unlimited, because he's only played free safety for one year."

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/01/alabama_hosting_3-star_safety.html

Auburn has been in touch with him, but he is a backup plan for them. They are trying to get him to visit and so are we. They've been in touch for awhile longer so I'm guessing they will get the visit, but you never know, we have offered and they haven't. He basically said he would want to play in the SEC

@NateClouse: I've been able to confirm that 2014 Newnan (Ga.) East Coweta ATH Markell Boston does not have an offer from #Nebraska as previously reported

Auburn has been in touch with him, but he is a backup plan for them. They are trying to get him to visit and so are we. They've been in touch for awhile longer so I'm guessing they will get the visit, but you never know, we have offered and they haven't. He basically said he would want to play in the SEC

@NateClouse: I've been able to confirm that 2014 Newnan (Ga.) East Coweta ATH Markell Boston does not have an offer from #Nebraska as previously reported

Just read that, but if we are truly trying to get him to visit, an offer may not be far off. Plus, he is in Warren's old stomping grounds.

I really really like this guy, doing an unofficial to Auburn today. Flying to NE tomorrow.
I agree! Seems like someone that is about to blow up and once again our staff is the homing beacon for unearthed talent.

Always a good sign when teams like Bama are sniffing around late. They know they are good, but they get the 5 star guys that can play sooner. But sometimes these late blooming kids have more upside, they just take a couple years to develop. Bama can't sit around and wait a couple years, they want production now, and can get it. We've gotten plenty of good prospects this way. Ameer the best of all.

Hopefully Auburn doesn't offer, I think he would commit on the spot if they did.