Stewart Mandel is not a Boliever

here are a couple of examples of you dismissing the opinion of someone as them just trying to get hits.

<Andy Staples stuff snipped>

<Dave Ubben stuff snipped>

I asked you to show me where I'm dismissing Stewart's opinion in this mailbag as just trying to get hits.

You respond by digging up some unrelated posts from two different writers from last summer. Neither example is relevant to this article, nor does either example show that I'm dismissing Stewart's opinion. In both of those threads, I was not the only one expressing that sentiment.

I get that you disagree with me. But this is getting ridiculous.

But I don't see any fun in rooting for Bo Pelini to fail just to prove my doubts were correct.

. . . actually . . . the truth is that 90% of so or people don't give a @#%$ what happens to Bo Pelini but they do want to see Nebraska win something.

I say this is a pretty accurate assessment. We most likely ALL care more about the program than Bo Pelini's status. We want the program to succeed. Whether or not that includes Bo is irrelevant. But that's where the Bo-liever vs Bo-leaver comes into play. Bo-lievers (which am one. I jumped ship for a couple weeks, but they reeled me back in) just happen to believe that sticking with Bo and the process is currently in the best interest of the program. Bo-leavers just generally feel we've topped out and are willing to risk getting worse for trying to take the next step by re-booting and starting over again. And niether is wrong, but as of now, nieither is right. And oddly, we may never know, either.

• Fire 2

I say this is a pretty accurate assessment. We most likely ALL care more about the program than Bo Pelini's status. We want the program to succeed. Whether or not that includes Bo is irrelevant. But that's where the Bo-liever vs Bo-leaver comes into play. Bo-lievers (which am one. I jumped ship for a couple weeks, but they reeled me back in) just happen to believe that sticking with Bo and the process is currently in the best interest of the program. Bo-leavers just generally feel we've topped out and are willing to risk getting worse for trying to take the next step by re-booting and starting over again. And niether is wrong, but as of now, nieither is right. And oddly, we may never know, either.

Can't disagree with any of that. The one thing I'd say is that most of us here likely care more about this program than Bo Pelini does.

• Fire 1

I asked you to show me where I'm dismissing Stewart's opinion in this mailbag as just trying to get hits.

You respond by digging up some unrelated posts from two different writers from last summer. Neither example is relevant to this article, nor does either example show that I'm dismissing Stewart's opinion. In both of those threads, I was not the only one expressing that sentiment.

I get that you disagree with me. But this is getting ridiculous.

i never said you strictly dismiss mandel's writing. i said you seem to have a habit of dismissing articles, in general, as just being published online to rile up our fanbase and get hits. i provided two examples of you dismissing a writer's opinion, after you asked me to do my research, as them just trying to garner web hits, and then you call it ridiculous.

i guess there was a mis-communication. but as far as you dismissing mandel's opinion you said:

Stewart is selling clicks. He's going to get plenty of clicks hitting this beehive with a stick. And he's swinging away.

seems pretty obvious that you are: a) dismissing his opinion as he's just swinging away at a beehive, b) believes his motive is selling clicks. you also stated that he must be laughing at this thread. as if he only wrote that to rile us up and play games with us. as if he manipulated us to get interest in his article on message boards to drive traffic to the article.

obviously that is my inference, but you seemed pretty dismissive of his writing.

I bet deep down Knapp truly feels he is not wrong here.

it was never about being wrong or right. i just think it is unfair to dismiss an article as just trying to rile up a fan base or to "sell clicks". knapp thought something different and i annoyed him.

So,you're saying that Stewie isn't doing that?

I bet deep down Knapp truly feels he is not wrong here.

it was never about being wrong or right. i just think it is unfair to dismiss an article as just trying to rile up a fan base or to "sell clicks". knapp thought something different and i annoyed him.

So,you're saying that Stewie isn't doing that?

michael_no_stop.gif

• Fire 1