Nebraska regrets leaving Big 12?

David Ubben@davidubben

Would be really intriguing if we got some truth serum and asked Big 12 expats what their decision would be if they had it to do over again.

David Ubben@davidubben

My guess: Colorado and A&M don't regret leaving one bit. May not for awhile. I sense regret from Huskers. Mizzou would come sprinting back.

ESPN's Big 12 blogger seems too think that Nebraska might regret leaving the Big 12....

---- I would like too know what he has seen/heard too support his tweet?

Pulling it out of his ass, I doubt he heard anything or asked anybody. Probably thinking we can't handle the "big boys" and would rather go back since Texas is down, OU isn't where they were when we left, Texas Tech, TCU, and Iowa State are meh, WVU was a bust, and Okie Lite and Baylor just have offense.

I'm on the fence right now. Glad to be done w/ Texas (and Iowa State) - really miss Colorado, Missouri, KU, Oklahoma, etc. I don't get to bullsh#t w/ friends all season much anymore. They are following the B12, I'm following the B1G. Not many B1G fans around my part of the country. I'm sure he can make plenty of valid arguments for why that would be the case. We were on the rise in the B12. We had had a defense ready-made to stop B12 offenses. At the time we left we were a pretty sure thing to continue to dominate the north. Texas was on their way down, which means we had, at the time, a very good chance at sitting atop that conference for the immediate future. Sure, we'd have had to compete with Oklahoma and Okie State - but it would have been competitive. Where we sit now we are struggling to be even remotely competitive w/ the 3rd place team from the other division. Texas recruiting has taken a big hit and we've had to make some major shifts there. The money is no longer drastically different so that gets thrown out as well. We'd likely have a Nebraska TV station by now so we'd still have the games televised like we do w/ the B1G. It's better than 2010 - but I don't think it's better than where we'd be had we stayed. Never really know though.

Logistics wise, leaving was a no-brainer. The Big Ten is where Nebraska belongs and where we have secured a very bright future.

Football-wise, yeah, it'd be nice to be in the Big 12 right now with Oklahoma and Texas finally having some down years. Texas a lot more so than Oklahoma.

What I find hilarious about this is when he got a question from a Nebraska fan on the Big XII Q&A he does in the Big XII blog on ESPN questioning something to this extent (I believe this was last Fall during the A&M and Missouri dustups while they were considering, then announced they were leaving), he basically said "Nebraska left. Move on, and we'll move on." Interesting how some like to revisit even after they've said something like that.