Nebraska regrets leaving Big 12?

One thing though, our offense would be exact same as it's been in the B1G. If it's been pretty good in the B1G with teams that actually play defense, what would it be like in the Big XII with teams that aren't as good at defense.

Exactly.

We broke character really badly on defense three times this season. In the one game where it really counted, it cost us big, and did more to influence our opinion of the season than anything. But our offense is really nothing shy of incredible, all things considered. I won't be a bit surprised if we don't score less than 35 in every single game we play this next season.

One thing though, our offense would be exact same as it's been in the B1G. If it's been pretty good in the B1G with teams that actually play defense, what would it be like in the Big XII with teams that aren't as good at defense.

Exactly.

We broke character really badly on defense three times this season. In the one game where it really counted, it cost us big, and did more to influence our opinion of the season than anything. But our offense is really nothing shy of incredible, all things considered. I won't be a bit surprised if we don't score less than 35 in every single game we play this next season.

And this.

Which leads to my KState theory. They would be lucky to be bowl eligible in the Big 10. I'm sorry if i'm being conceited, by I see it as fact that Kansas St's success this year was due to being the only team in the Big 12 that actaully make a legitimate attempt at playing defense. Look how Collin Klein just torched the big 12 this year. you really think that bunch could the same against the Big 10. It's kind of what Bo did in '08-'10 and had success. He went against the grain of the rest of the conference. Look at what's happened to OU over the past couple years to their once great defense. I think they've spent so much time focusing on having this do-anything offense that they've forgotten that defense still wins championships. You cant say the offenses are so prolific that they cant be slowed, because Bo and Nebraska did it-for two years. Ok St in 2010 was the only team in that 2 year stretch that "lit" up our D, and even that was the result of a few lucky plays.

Exactly. I'm starting to think more and more that the rep that the B1G has is not accurate, or it's at least more complicated than people make it out to be. B1G defenses are good. Really good. And admittedly, they're much better than ours, in general. Look at how teams largely contained Ohio State. Ohio State went undefeated because its own defense is pretty great.

If the starting 11 for even just Michigan State, Penn State, or Wisconsin were on our team...I say we probably play in Miami this last year. Because our offense is legitimately just that good.

Edit: I mean the starting 11 on defense for any of those three teams, of course.

Exactly. I'm starting to think more and more that the rep that the B1G has is not accurate, or it's at least more complicated than people make it out to be. B1G defenses are good. Really good. And admittedly, they're much better than ours, in general. Look at how teams largely contained Ohio State. Ohio State went undefeated because its own defense is pretty great.

If the starting 11 for even just Michigan State, Penn State, or Wisconsin were on our team...I say we probably play in Miami this last year. Because our offense is legitimately just that good.

I concur. And when Taylor Martinez says after the Capital One bowl, comparing Georgia's defensive skill to the teams in the Big 10, and says the Big 10 has just as good or better defenses (cant recall the exact quote), I'll take his word to the bank. He's studied hours of film of each. He's played against each. I'll tell you right now, we had a much easier time moving that ball on Georgia's super-star laden defense than we did against Northwestern, Michigan, Michigan St, Penn St and Iowa. Wisconsin even shut us down for a half. But the Big 10 has to show up on New Years day and play up a spot against SEC teams, get obviously outtalented at a couple spots, lose by 10 on a couple of big swing plays, and ESPN gets to spin it as the SEC is king, the Big 10 is a joke. Theyre a hell of a lot closer to equal that what is being said.

Our team largely goes against the grain of almost every B1G opponent. Not even Ohio State has the offensive team speed and dynamics at various positions (take your pick) to do what we do. They're close, but not on our level. Northwestern is in the same ball park, but not close.

But our defense is lacking, which is unlike any of the major players in the Big 10. We fix that, we start making our B1G opponents out to look like hammered dog sh!t. Just an opinion.

Our team largely goes against the grain of almost every B1G opponent. Not even Ohio State has the offensive team speed and dynamics at various positions (take your pick) to do what we do. They're close, but not on our level. Northwestern is in the same ball park, but not close.

But our defense is lacking, which is unlike any of the major players in the Big 10. We fix that, we start making our B1G opponents out to look like hammered dog sh!t. Just an opinion.

That's a lot of fixing though. Too bad it all has to happen in a year that is served up on a platter for our taking.

Bo took a rush defense giving up 230 yards, ranked almost last and turned them into a top 25 defense giving up 118. If we can get anywhere near that mark we're winning 13 games. But he did it with a lot of juniors and seniors. He's going to have to do it this year with underclassmen. Those junior/seniors were in their 1st year of his defense though.... I guess only time will tell.

That's a lot of fixing though. Too bad it all has to happen in a year that is served up on a platter for our taking.

Bo took a rush defense giving up 230 yards, ranked almost last and turned them into a top 25 defense giving up 118. If we can get anywhere near that mark we're winning 13 games. But he did it with a lot of juniors and seniors. He's going to have to do it this year with underclassmen. Those junior/seniors were in their 1st year of his defense though.... I guess only time will tell.

That may be the advantage in it tho. All these underclassman are learning a new system and a method of playing defense against certain offenses for the first time. The "experienced" upper classmen of the past 2 seasons were learning how to play defense a different way, against different offenses, with different tendancies. yes, it is still about tackling and blocking on the bottom line, but I would bet it was still challenging for these guys to train to play D in the Big 12, and then have to learn again in the Big 10.

After bowl season I don't see why everybody is still on the "Big 10 is pathetic" thing. Purdue was the only team that really got blown out. Everyone else either won or was in the game until the end. The Big 12 had a much worse showing than that.

Exactly, kstate and Oklahoma were the big 2 out of the big 12 and they both got embarrassed, we hung with a very good Georgia team, Wisconsin played toe to toe with Stanford. Th BIG is a better conference from top to bottom, and dont be surprised if we have a team in the MNC next yr

After bowl season I don't see why everybody is still on the "Big 10 is pathetic" thing. Purdue was the only team that really got blown out. Everyone else either won or was in the game until the end. The Big 12 had a much worse showing than that.

Exactly, kstate and Oklahoma were the big 2 out of the big 12 and they both got embarrassed, we hung with a very good Georgia team, Wisconsin played toe to toe with Stanford. Th BIG is a better conference from top to bottom, and dont be surprised if we have a team in the MNC next yr

I concur Ohio St will be making the national championship game and hopefully they don't get blown out.