Nebraska regrets leaving Big 12?

I don't think coaches are recruiting against the SEC, unless they're saying something like look, they've got a ton of talent down there, playing time may be tough, come here and you'll have a chance to play sooner and play more. Something along those lines.

Cause if I'm a recruit and a coach is trying to sell me the idea of taking down the SEC, I'm thinking why not just go to the SEC, since they're the proven winners? If I'm good enough to play for the best teams, I want to be on the best teams, and those are currently in the South.

These may be poor perceptions though - full disclosure. I don't really following recruiting - it's never been an overly interesting topic to me.

I don't think coaches are recruiting against the SEC, unless they're saying something like look, they've got a ton of talent down there, playing time may be tough, come here and you'll have a chance to play sooner and play more. Something along those lines.

Cause if I'm a recruit and a coach is trying to sell me the idea of taking down the SEC, I'm thinking why not just go to the SEC, since they're the proven winners? If I'm good enough to play for the best teams, I want to be on the best teams, and those are currently in the South.

These may be poor perceptions though - full disclosure. I don't really following recruiting - it's never been an overly interesting topic to me.

I see what you're saying. If i was a kid and didn't have an offer from Bama, LSU, UGA, Florida or USCe I wouldn't want to stick around the SEC. Those teams have been dominating the conference lately except for Auburns paid for title. Other teams in the SEC are trying to play catch up just like the rest of the nation is.

A lot of talk above about B1G's recent bowl performance. Keep in mind the B1G is playing a spot or even two spots above their ranking (example 2011 B1G#7 Iowa had to play B12 #2/3 OU) and many games are home games for the SEC/B12. Yes, the B1G can't use excuses like these and needs to win games. I saw a stat that the B1G was 19-19 vs the SEC in bowl games in the BCS era but ESPN never mentions that. Look at this year's games:

NW beats Miss St. rather easily

#18 Mich lost to #10 SCar on a last second play.

Except for 2-3 blown coverages (long TD plays), #19 Nebraska outplayed #7 UGa.

UR Wisc held its own vs #6 Stanford

Mich St beat B12 TCU

Terrible Minny was in it to the end vs TT, who was ranked for part of the year.

- a lot of "almost" wins and the B1G needs a couple consecutive years where it pulls out these wins.

B12's best (OU and KSU) were blown out in their bowls. Texas needed a comeback in the last couple minutes to beat Oregon State. WVU was killed by Syracuse from the Big Least. Iowa State lost by 14 to Tulsa (Conf USA).

So who really had a better bowl season? Also, B1G didn't have any games vs Big Least or Conf USA or mid-level PAC teams like the B12 has.

• Fire 2

You are correct. I've always thought this. And this past season the playing up was even worse because 2 of the Big 10's top 5 were not eligible. I would say Michigan and Northwestern each played up an extra spot. We probably wouldve played the CapOne Bowl anyway, but sh#t, we played a team that couldve played for a national title, which only further supports the point.

Why not sell them on "We won't pull your scholarship if you don't become a starter."

My only second-guesses about leaving the Big 12 are that Bo was hitting his stride in terms of structuring his defensive roster to combat the spread-laden Big 12, and the league is still very much so. He was pretty consistent in shutting them down and/or slowing their pace considerably. Then to abandon that project as it was about to become an established component of the program, administrative politics completely irrelevant to football matters dictated a conference move that demanded scrapping of the previous project and starting a new one.

I miss Iowa State and Kansas, Kansas St. Missouri and Colorado

But definenlty miss Oklahoma

We would probably still be there if it weren't for those teams you mentioned. All they had to do was back our play. No loyalty to the Big 8 teams. They deserve Texas.