Nebraska regrets leaving Big 12?

He's wrong, but I could see how he could make that speculation. We were at least competitive in the Big XII. In the Big Ten we get our face mushed in a few times a year.

It seems that's what he's basing it on. Missouri has virtually no chance of ever being competitive in the SEC, A&M is doing fine, Colorado sucks no matter what.

berrydavidubben.jpg

Dear God, he looks like a hobbit.

:spooners :hookerhorns LOL. We had to put up with a lot of NU bashing from the Tulsa World, I'm in Tulsa, before we left the Big 12 and some time afterwards. The sports casters and sports writers felt like they were left at the alter by NU. Some pretty nasty things were said about us wanting to break up the party, not wanting to put up with texas, were cowards, blah blah blah. I wrote a strongly worded letter back to the editor and main sports guy - who use to write for the Omaha World years ago ( I think he got chased away or fired when he tried to be a big man and attacked Tom too much in the paper). Regardless, NU started so they say the Big 12 downturn - forgetting the fact that Colo left 1st and 6 other teams threatned to leave - we all know Tom's famous quote on that. I'm glad overall that we are in the Big 10. I think our type of competition will prepare us to beat down the SEC eventually in a NCC game. The all pass no D of the big 12 won't win them any chanpionships - unless another Vince Young comes along.

He's wrong, but I could see how he could make that speculation. We were at least competitive in the Big XII. In the Big Ten we get our face mushed in a few times a year.

It seems that's what he's basing it on. Missouri has virtually no chance of ever being competitive in the SEC, A&M is doing fine, Colorado sucks no matter what.

And we NEVER got our face mushed in in the Big XII? What are you talking about?

2 years in Big 10 and 4 of what I would call blowout losses. Bo had 3 years in Big 12 as HC and suffered what I would call 3 blowout losses (Mizz in 08, OU in 08 and TT in 09). But if you go back through all the way back to the end of 01 when it fell apart, we are now proportationately more competitive in the Big 10 than we were in the Big 12.

I'm not on the fence at all about this one. I'm glad we left. The only thing I can say is that with our opening failure against Michigan then close victory this year, our record comeback then record defeat from Ohio St., and then the same crazy win then stunning loss vs. Wisconsin, these Big Ten opponents could really turn into some fantastic rivalries. I mean in two years, you can't tell me those games themselves haven't been intriguing as hell. Then throw in the Northwestern game and how competitive that match up is starting to look. Nope, can't say I'll miss being in Jerry World every damn year as Texas is courted on like some little princesses.

being in KC, growing up in Nebraska and Iowa. living within 30 miles or less of i 35 my whole life, i certainly miss the big 8 conference.

i miss not having a rivalry close that is 50 years old, i miss the NE corner of the stadium in manhattan when the sun is setting on a beautiful golden fall countryside, Colorado(OU) the week of thanksgiving, MU and the beginning of my bow season, games on 3 channels no matter where in the state I am on saturday, but over time atleast that rivalry will develop again..Wisky, Michiugan OSU, Michigan state, Penn state even Iowa have that potential

but.....I dont miss the Big 12.

• Fire 1

F the big12

100k stadiums, rich tradition. $$. Rose bowl. Bitchass texass, crappy CU and ISU and KU. Lubbock?

Nah, I miss the feeling of playing teams we played for 100 yrs but I like the B1G much better.

When I lived in Chicago for a time, I saw first hand what large alumni bases do for rivalries and matchups. We'll be just fine.

And we NEVER got our face mushed in in the Big XII? What are you talking about?

Not in our final two seasons in the conference, no. We had become quite competitive.

What are you talking about?