Stewart Mandel is not a Boliever

maybe it would help if i came around. mandel is just a hack who hates the huskers like every other journalist and their only motivation is to manipulate our feeble minds into a frenzy so we click the sh#t out of their articles.

This is what I do. I am the person who thinks this. I am bad, and I feel appropriately bad.

• Fire 1

I bet deep down Knapp truly feels he is not wrong here.

it was never about being wrong or right. i just think it is unfair to dismiss an article as just trying to rile up a fan base or to "sell clicks". knapp thought something different and i annoyed him.

So,you're saying that Stewie isn't doing that?

michael_no_stop.gif

hysterical-laughter-o.gif

It's a worst kept secret that Harvey doesn't like Bo, and it's not top secret that Bo has sent out feelers the past few years. If it was easy to replace him, it would have been done.

Also . . . if anyone wanted Bo he would be gone.

So, nobody wants Bo go, so that's why he's still here?

Does not compute.

I say this is a pretty accurate assessment. We most likely ALL care more about the program than Bo Pelini's status. We want the program to succeed. Whether or not that includes Bo is irrelevant. But that's where the Bo-liever vs Bo-leaver comes into play. Bo-lievers (which am one. I jumped ship for a couple weeks, but they reeled me back in) just happen to believe that sticking with Bo and the process is currently in the best interest of the program. Bo-leavers just generally feel we've topped out and are willing to risk getting worse for trying to take the next step by re-booting and starting over again. And niether is wrong, but as of now, nieither is right. And oddly, we may never know, either.

Can't disagree with any of that. The one thing I'd say is that most of us here likely care more about this program than Bo Pelini does.

Agree with this 100%. All I am saying, is that Bo isn't going to fired until he hangs himself. Some people seem to think it's as easy as pushing a button, and we just find someone to take NU to the next level. In my opinion, that's the basis for #9wins, and why it's a barometer. We've seen it blow up in our face before, and those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it.

We fans care more about the program than Bo does. That's probably a pretty fair assessment for any program in college athletics.

If anyone wanted Bo, he'd be gone. That's pretty easy to see as there's been instances of him looking. Though I dont think him looking has been nearly as big of a deal as it is made out to be. He wanted the Ohio St job for sure, obviously. As far as checkin on the others, I would bet you'd be surprised to find as nothing more than a pretty standard procedure for many coaches and/or their agents.

And I'll say, if we could get someone for sure better at this point, then Bo would be gone. It's a business, and the university is keeping a gauge of the perception of the program and who they could get and what interest there would be, just in case something drastic were to happen at any time. So they know where we stand. Bo pretty much begged to be fired last year. Obviously there are pretty big reasons why he is still here. Obviously, we CANT get anyone better at this point.

It all ties together in the fact that the good 'ole days of 1994 are over. It's a business. Plain and simple.

also, you often seem to believe that an author is just trying to drive traffic to their site whenever an internet article is critical of nebraska or bo. this was not even an article about nebraska, he was answering fan mail (and quite accurately about bo and neb., imo). also, nebraska is not even in the heading. if he is trying to get clicks specifically from husker fans by swinging at a beehive, he is not trying very hard.

Well, there's a turn of the dance we haven't seen before.

I suppose you're probably right. In the dead of winter when the product Stewart makes money on is utterly gone, in the midst of maybe the best recruiting weekend this coach has ever had, coming off a bowl win, coming off a season where everything should have gone utterly wrong but he still managed to turn out the 9-4 cookie-cutter season he always does, with a possible Heisman-candidate RB returning and what could be a very good QB, a WR corps coming back nearly intact, with a returning defense with possibly the Big Ten Defender of the Year in its ranks, it does make sense to choose, out of the hundreds of questions Stewart has to choose from during the week, to rehash a story that was old news two months ago, to regurgitate the "we can do better" mantra that was so prevalent on Husker message boards during the season, now, this week, when it's barely a blip on any other writer's radar.

I can't believe I was cynical about why Stewart wrote this piece now. What was I thinking?

Allemande left your corner...

Oh no...is that a square dance reference? I'm still appalled that we had to take a class on it in elementary school. "Grand right and left!" So awful.

It's a worst kept secret that Harvey doesn't like Bo, and it's not top secret that Bo has sent out feelers the past few years. If it was easy to replace him, it would have been done.

Also . . . if anyone wanted Bo he would be gone.

So, nobody wants Bo go, so that's why he's still here?

Does not compute.

What? Does not compute, indeed. Read it again.