Stewart Mandel is not a Boliever

That's a huge stretch. More like, 6 (so far) years without a conference championship and you're gone. A little different from one injury.

Except that people were calling for Bo's head in 2011. They wanted him gone in 2012 after the UCLA game too. And if our schedule hadn't been so soft this year, that "one injury" would have resulted in a 6-7 win season, and we'd be looking for a new coach.

So, he had the same opinion as the other 8-10other guys that didn't take the job, which is why we ended up with Bill, and my point is proven correct.

Eh?

It's not a choice between Callahan and Pelini . . . right?

That doesn't even make sense.

You make it sound like that Saban' and Meyer's comments were irrelevant because they weren't hired, when it's the worst kept secret that nobody wanted the job because of the expectations. That's why we ended up so far down the line in the search. Nobody wanted a job with a 9 win floor. We can say Frank wasn't fired because of wins and losses, but when hot name coaches comment about wins and losses.... it's about wins and losses.

I'd say people didn't want the job because of the AD at the time more than anything else.

And yes, there was talk after four years. There's always talk. Obviously there's a stronger case today (well, not today today, it's a settled issue now), but it wasn't such a poor case then to begin with, after the close of the '10 season, the public blowups, and the blowout losses of '11.

So, he had the same opinion as the other 8-10other guys that didn't take the job, which is why we ended up with Bill, and my point is proven correct.

Eh?

You make it sound like that Saban' and Meyer's comments were irrelevant because they weren't hired, when it's the worst kept secret that nobody wanted the job because of the expectations. That's why we ended up so far down the line in the search. Nobody wanted a job with a 9 win floor. We can say Frank wasn't fired because of wins and losses, but when hot name coaches comment about wins and losses.... it's about wins and losses.

Yeah . . . I don't think that this is going anywhere. I didn't say that any comments were irrelevant because a certain person wasn't hired. No idea where you're getting that.

If the status quo remains, how long will you remain on the Bo bandwagon? Indefinitely?

The title of this thread is misleading. I've heard Stewart on local sports radio plenty and he has plenty of praise for Bo when the situation merits.

Stewart is selling clicks. He's going to get plenty of clicks hitting this beehive with a stick. And he's swinging away.

Also, because we've danced this dance before and we know what's expected here's the obligatory "If winning nine games a year is so easy, more coaches would do it."

the situation no longer seems to merit his praise. and from his response, he seems to believe bo is a hard sell.

also, you often seem to believe that an author is just trying to drive traffic to their site whenever an internet article is critical of nebraska or bo. this was not even an article about nebraska, he was answering fan mail (and quite accurately about bo and neb., imo). also, nebraska is not even in the heading. if he is trying to get clicks specifically from husker fans by swinging at a beehive, he is not trying very hard.

can someone not e-publish critically of the state of nebraska football without having the ulterior motive of just "selling clicks"? his thoughts seem pretty genuine and he fields a broad array of questions. including a few questions about coaches, which seems natural in the off-season. would it be better of him just to ignore nebraska fans because he has nothing nice to say?

as far as the fan's question, we have to seem nuts to continue to look forward to what bo does next season when he has performed nearly the same for the last 6 years. but i guess what choice do we have?

• Fire 5

The title of this thread is misleading. I've heard Stewart on local sports radio plenty and he has plenty of praise for Bo when the situation merits.

Stewart is selling clicks. He's going to get plenty of clicks hitting this beehive with a stick. And he's swinging away.

Also, because we've danced this dance before and we know what's expected here's the obligatory "If winning nine games a year is so easy, more coaches would do it."

the situation no longer seems to merit his praise. and from his response, he seems to believe bo is a hard sell.

also, you often seem to believe that an author is just trying to drive traffic to their site whenever an internet article is critical of nebraska or bo. this was not even an article about nebraska, he was answering fan mail (and quite accurately about bo and neb., imo). also, nebraska is not even in the heading. if he is trying to get clicks specifically from husker fans by swinging at a beehive, he is not trying very hard.

can someone not e-publish critically of the state of nebraska football without having the ulterior motive of just "selling clicks"? his thoughts seem pretty genuine and he fields a broad array of questions. including a few questions about coaches, which seems natural in the off-season. would it be better of him just to ignore nebraska fans because he has nothing nice to say?

as far as the fan's question, we have to seem nuts to continue to look forward to what bo does next season when he has performed nearly the same for the last 6 years. but i guess what choice do we have?

+1

Given the loss of Taylor Martinez and half the offensive line, the dramatic turnaround in the defense, a reduction in stupid penalties and no savior on the horizon, I think it makes perfect sense to go all-in with Bo Pelini for another season.

I will be demanding nothing less than some kind of improvement, and yes, I think that's my birthright.

But I don't see any fun in rooting for Bo Pelini to fail just to prove my doubts were correct.

• Fire 5

Well, there's a turn of the dance we haven't seen before.

I suppose you're probably right. In the dead of winter when the product Stewart makes money on is utterly gone, in the midst of maybe the best recruiting weekend this coach has ever had, coming off a bowl win, coming off a season where everything should have gone utterly wrong but he still managed to turn out the 9-4 cookie-cutter season he always does, with a possible Heisman-candidate RB returning and what could be a very good QB, a WR corps coming back nearly intact, with a returning defense with possibly the Big Ten Defender of the Year in its ranks, it does make sense to choose, out of the hundreds of questions Stewart has to choose from during the week, to rehash a story that was old news two months ago, to regurgitate the "we can do better" mantra that was so prevalent on Husker message boards during the season, now, this week, when it's barely a blip on any other writer's radar.

I can't believe I was cynical about why Stewart wrote this piece now. What was I thinking?

Allemande left your corner...

• Fire 5

Eh?

Yeah . . . I don't think that this is going anywhere. I didn't say that any comments were irrelevant because a certain person wasn't hired. No idea where you're getting that.

If the status quo remains, how long will you remain on the Bo bandwagon? Indefinitely?

Your point is a red herring. Whether or not I'm on the bandwagon is entirely irrelevant to my original statement. In no place did I discuss my personal thoughts on keeping or firing Bo. I simply pointed out the the last time we fired a 9 win guy it bit us in the ass because nobody wanted the job, and it's very likely a huge factor again. I have a really hard time believing that after the whole season, and specifically the Iowa PC, Harvey and Shawn just gave Bo the old thumbs up without even sending out feelers. It's a worst kept secret that Harvey doesn't like Bo, and it's not top secret that Bo has sent out feelers the past few years. If it was easy to replace him, it would have been done.

A couple of motivational whatnots I ran across while browsing for tatting designs on my pinterest account just now. Thought the Boleavers would like them. Peace!

6SSykV6.jpg

P68j4oL.jpg

ofEAsId.jpg

I know it seems like I'm constantly defending Bo and whizzing in your cheerios. I know where you're coming from, folks.

• Fire 2

Well, there's a turn of the dance we haven't seen before.

I suppose you're probably right. In the dead of winter when the product Stewart makes money on is utterly gone, in the midst of maybe the best recruiting weekend this coach has ever had, coming off a bowl win, coming off a season where everything should have gone utterly wrong but he still managed to turn out the 9-4 cookie-cutter season he always does, with a possible Heisman-candidate RB returning and what could be a very good QB, a WR corps coming back nearly intact, with a returning defense with possibly the Big Ten Defender of the Year in its ranks, it does make sense to choose, out of the hundreds of questions Stewart has to choose from during the week, to rehash a story that was old news two months ago, to regurgitate the "we can do better" mantra that was so prevalent on Husker message boards during the season, now, this week, when it's barely a blip on any other writer's radar.

I can't believe I was cynical about why Stewart wrote this piece now. What was I thinking?

Allemande left your corner...

:clap