GT: Nebraska at #10 Michigan - 5:30PM - BTN

And yes being so disinterested about the actual game that you need to come up with a tired stereotype to dress as in order to be entertained for the 2 hours is tired and played out. I went to Prep and dressed up dumb as could be for 4 years, went to UNL and had zero desire to dress up Hawaiian, or backwoods or Christmas ever again.

I would much rather pop on a t shirt and cheer. I must be the only one of my kind.

I think you're making a false dichotomy. You can simultaneously be entirely interested in the game while also coming up with dress up themes. You proved that by referencing Izzone white outs. Everyone wearing white and everyone wearing jorts or Hawaiian outfits are the same thing.

I don't mind popping on a t shirt and cheering (no, you are not the only one of your kind) but there are plenty of people that need coaxing and incentives to cheer. That's just reality. I was the founder and president of my school's equivalent of the boneyard and it's mindsets similar to this that make it impossible to create an electric environment. We would try everything and anything, but some people are just too snooty and cool to have some stupid fun once in a while, whether it be wearing an outfit or even standing and yelling.

It's fine if it's not for you, but don't condescend people trying earnestly to exercise every avenue in getting people excited for the game and wanting to have fun. Because having fun is what it's about.

Im the least cool guy I know just for the record :thumbs .

It just gets to a point where its all been done and really isn't very funny of entertaining to me anyways. I just don't think it says much about a fan base when they need extracurriculars to get into the game. It is why The Sea of Red isn't a weekly theme just expected and why Nebraska's fan base is incredible or why the Izzone is one of the best student sections in the country it isn't a tweet saying wear this or that it is expected and embraced. Where as Michigan or any other teams needing specific coordinated game to game themes are obviously lacking fan support wise.

Im the least cool guy I know just for the record :thumbs .

It just gets to a point where its all been done and really isn't very funny of entertaining to me anyways. I just don't think it says much about a fan base when they need extracurriculars to get into the game. It is why The Sea of Red isn't a weekly theme just expected and why Nebraska's fan base is incredible or why the Izzone is one of the best student sections in the country it isn't a tweet saying wear this or that it is expected and embraced. Where as Michigan or any other teams needing specific coordinated game to game themes are obviously lacking fan support wise.

Yep. But I know you realize that Nebraska and Michigan State have the benefit of national championships and being top programs in history. When you're that good and that established you dont' need stuff like that.

But hardly any schools are that fortunate. Most have to come up with more than that to achieve the same level of fervor. There's nothing shameful in that - and I think it says plenty. It says that the people who care are trying everything they can to get to the same level, instead of acting like they are entitled to monochromatic sellouts every night.

If you grew up as a fan of a school other than Nebraska you'd likely understand better. We've never had to actively try to get people engaged - it's just always existed.