Spring Practice Dumpster Fire

Mavric

Tommy made a lot of bad decisions last year, but he has all the physical tools to be a great QB. Like many young quarterbacks, he made some very questionable passes, but most of the time, those passes were at least thrown well. I like Tommy, and would be fine with him as our starting QB, but I'm excited to see what JT or Johnny Stanton can do.

I.....wow.....

I really enjoyed watching Armstrong play......Jesus I can't believe this is a serious post.

Mind explaining to me what exactly is wrong with it?

Make no mistake, Tommy has a cannon.

I kind of disagree with this actually. At least compared to Taylor.

He can throw the ball far and long, but his short/medium passes don't travel on that frozen rope that you hope for.

Could be. But if the media types that have watch practice are (at least somewhat) correct, people are going to be disappointed if they're expecting another QB on the roster to have a stronger arm than Armstrong. Even his name - it's Armstrong. Shhhit.

One of my favorite parts of watching last season was watching Armstrong. The guy has obvious talents and tools to play here. And he's only a freshman. To give up on him and even mentioning JT as an option is appalling to me.

• Fire 2

One of my favorite parts of watching last season was watching Armstrong. The guy has obvious talents and tools to play here. And he's only a freshman. To give up on him and even mentioning JT as an option is appalling to me.

You really didn't even bother reading my comment, did you? I said I would be happy with Tommy as our starting QB, but I'm excited to see what Johnny Stanton and JT can do. I don't think there's any chance in hell that JT will be our starting QB come fall, but it's exciting to think about.

You really didn't even bother reading my comment, did you? I said I would be happy with Tommy as our starting QB, but I'm excited to see what Johnny Stanton and JT can do. I don't think there's any chance in hell that JT will be our starting QB come fall, but it's exciting to think about.

I wasn't talking about your post I was referencing hunter's post. I owe you one internet beer.

I wasn't talking about your post I was referencing hunter's post. I owe you one internet beer.

Oh, jeez. Now I just look like an ass. I prefer Guinness, by the way.

You and I watched a different QB last year. Tommy ran the option well for a somewhat slow guy who didn't run much option in high school. But his passing was inaccurate and his ball security issues are well documented.

As for the INTs, yeah, it's a trend by the QB. I'm ready to move on to Jamal or Johnny. Tommy seems like a great kid, but a below average QB. I know, I know, he's just a soph. and I'm jumping the gun, but I saw nothing that led me to believe that he will be a good QB. Hope I'm wrong.

Are we doing the "Why don't we run screen plays, that's stupid" or "Why do we run screen plays, that's stupid" thing? here...hard to keep track sometimes :lol:

Not a fan of the WR screen. I hope that Beck doesn't go all crapahan with the WR screen.

Tom Osborne loved that screen. So do a lot of NFL coaches. Can't give Beck and Callahan all the credit/blame.

I think a lot college football fans have a bad taste in their mouths about WR screens because of last season with Lane Kiffin. They ran a ton of WR screens at USC last season, and the other team could see it coming pretty much every time.

You and I watched a different QB last year. Tommy ran the option well for a somewhat slow guy who didn't run much option in high school. But his passing was inaccurate and his ball security issues are well documented.

Yeah, Tommy Armstrong isn't slow.

And the guy was a freshman, seems very odd that you're ready to cut losses on this guy after six games yet six years isn't enough time for.....well someone.

• Fire 2

And the guy was a freshman, seems very odd that you're ready to cut losses on this guy after six games yet six years isn't enough time for.....well someone.

Tommy is shifty, but he isn't fast.

His long on the year was 24 yards. Zac Lee's longest run was 32 yards, and Zac Taylor's longest was 24...

6 years of +70% is ok with me, especially when you factor in all of the obstacles he faced.

And yes, I'm ready to throw in the towel on #4, its not like he's the second coming of #15. heck, he's not even the second coming of #3.

It's pretty unfair to compare Tommy Armstrong to two Husker legends. Tommie Frazier wasn't exactly a good passer, but he was a monster on the option. Tommy has shown he can do some pretty special things with the option and he is a good passer when he uses his head.

Make no mistake, Tommy has a cannon.

I kind of disagree with this actually. At least compared to Taylor.

He can throw the ball far and long, but his short/medium passes don't travel on that frozen rope that you hope for.

The WRs disagree with you. They'd rather catch a pass from TA than Taylor.