Spring Practice Dumpster Fire

Mavric

Tommy made a lot of bad decisions last year, but he has all the physical tools to be a great QB. Like many young quarterbacks, he made some very questionable passes, but most of the time, those passes were at least thrown well. I like Tommy, and would be fine with him as our starting QB, but I'm excited to see what JT or Johnny Stanton can do.

I.....wow.....

I really enjoyed watching Armstrong play......Jesus I can't believe this is a serious post.

You don't go 7-1 with a QB that makes "a lot of bad decisions".

And yes, I'm ready to throw in the towel on #4, its not like he's the second coming of #15. heck, he's not even the second coming of #3.

Bet we win more with our next QB than we ever did with Taylor. I also bet our offense continues to look a lot smoother.

I'd also wager that Tommy Armstrong wasn't even 90% last year on his knee.

As for the INTs, yeah, it's a trend by the QB. I'm ready to move on to Jamal or Johnny. Tommy seems like a great kid, but a below average QB. I know, I know, he's just a soph. and I'm jumping the gun, but I saw nothing that led me to believe that he will be a good QB. Hope I'm wrong.

Are we doing the "Why don't we run screen plays, that's stupid" or "Why do we run screen plays, that's stupid" thing? here...hard to keep track sometimes :lol:

Is there another way to discuss Husker football? :dunno

And yes, I'm ready to throw in the towel on #4, its not like he's the second coming of #15. heck, he's not even the second coming of #3.

Bet we win more with our next QB than we ever did with Taylor. I also bet our offense continues to look a lot smoother.

Not really fair to compare TA with TM on the offense. TA going into this year has a LOT more firepower behind him than TM did his sophmore year, and the defense is much better. TM won us more games than he lost us, with less support. That being said, I fully expect TA to be the starter heading into the season and I'm sure he will work on his decision making to cut down on turnovers since we don't need to lean on him. And I agree that his knee probably wasn't 100% and that he will be more mobile this season.

It was noted throughout the year that some of TA's throws were high because he couldn't plant on that knee the way he needed to.

Tommy made a lot of bad decisions last year, but he has all the physical tools to be a great QB. Like many young quarterbacks, he made some very questionable passes, but most of the time, those passes were at least thrown well. I like Tommy, and would be fine with him as our starting QB, but I'm excited to see what JT or Johnny Stanton can do.

I.....wow.....

I really enjoyed watching Armstrong play......Jesus I can't believe this is a serious post.

8 INTs, 4 fumbles (not 100% sure about this number), completion % of 51.9 and a 124 QB rating shows a QB that does make some bad decisions.

Next QB being whom? If it is TA I'd take that wager.

How much does the alleged simplification of our offense by the coaching staff help make this offense run more smoothly?

How many tackles will Tommy make this year as opposed to how many Taylor made last year? How much better is Tommy at punt returns that Taylor?

Not really fair to compare TA with TM on the offense. TA going into this year has a LOT more firepower behind him than TM did his sophmore year, and the defense is much better. TM won us more games than he lost us, with less support. That being said, I fully expect TA to be the starter heading into the season and I'm sure he will work on his decision making to cut down on turnovers since we don't need to lean on him. And I agree that his knee probably wasn't 100% and that he will be more mobile this season.

My thoughts on TM are well-documented. People thought we'd be f'd with Tommy Armstrong instead of TM because "TM was so good" and we ended up going 7-1 with Armstrong as starter. TM is horribly overrated and most people not wearing scarlet and cream glasses can see it.

• Fire 1

My thoughts on TM are well-documented. People thought we'd be f'd with Tommy Armstrong instead of TM because "TM was so good" and we ended up going 7-1 with Armstrong as starter. TM is horribly overrated and most people not wearing scarlet and cream glasses can see it.

Well, you're wrong, but you're not the first one to be wrong, so it's okay.

I.....wow.....

8 INTs, 4 fumbles (not 100% sure about this number), completion % of 51.9 and a 124 QB rating shows a QB that does make some bad decisions.

Next QB being whom? If it is TA I'd take that wager.

You really want to open that can of worms? How many turnovers did Taylor have as a freshman, sophomore, junior? Huh? I'm scared of what kind of decision maker he was if Tommy made "a lot". Taylor made a f#*k ton then. But, wait, Taylor was fast and he turned games around - Oh really? Taylor's frosh yr was a 70 QB rating, then it was 60 as a soph, then 70 again as a jr then 45 as a sr. Tommy Armstrong pretty much just had a similar year to T-Magic as a soph, but he was a frosh. Oh and not to mention, Taylor knew he was the #1 guy and it was his team. Tommy didn't know until after the season started.

And the next QB being either Armstrong or Stanton, whoever wins the job, will at least win a conference championship.

How much does the alleged simplification of our offense by the coaching staff help make this offense run more smoothly?

How many tackles will Tommy make this year as opposed to how many Taylor made last year? How much better is Tommy at punt returns that Taylor?

I don't know, you tell me. The offense looked pretty horrific in the one game Taylor came back for and prior to that, and then (for the most part) it looked pretty smooth (with tons of OL injuries as well as WR injuries) when he wasn't in the game.

I'd say if he can make less tackles than Taylor made during his career, that'd be a bonus. Considering Taylor had pretty severe turnover issues which get greatly overlooked because of his occasional running ability.

And you're just building straw man arguments and being an idiot. Don't be an idiot.

Well, you're wrong, but you're not the first one to be wrong, so it's okay.

You're full of gold today :-)

FWIW, with direct knowledge of the situation, a certain coach is thankful that Taylor Martinez isn't here anymore and has attempted numerous times to tell a certain Bo that T-Magic isn't the best QB on the roster for this offense.

And you're just building straw man arguments and being an idiot. Don't be an idiot.

That's rich for someone who can't figure out that the offensive production was better with a severely injured Taylor, and that the reason we had a better record with Tommy was because the defense went from being one of the worst in school history early in the season to fairly decent as the season wore on.

• Fire 1