Spring Practice Dumpster Fire

Mavric

All that is fine but has nothing to do with my post. Enunwa dropped a pass or two against Minny then basically blamed Martinez. Then he continued to drop passes without Martinez throwing them. I think his blame was misplaced. Thus I don't put much weight in your argument referencing it.

I quoted the wrong one. Anyway, that is fine. He also caught a 99 yard bomb if I recall correctly and he still would rather have a certain QB back there than another one. Doesn't matter if it "makes sense" or not. But, he was "more" comfortable with Tommy than Taylor (that should say a lot since Enunwa was a sr.). Maybe it didn't translate to catches for Enunwa but that wasn't my point.

Btw, Enunwa had five TDs in Martinez's four games. He had six in TAs eight games. And we never saw the corner route that Martinez repeatedly dropped on a dime to Enunwa and others after TA went in.

Tell that to Quincy, not me. He is the one who blamed Martinez for the drops.

Btw, Enunwa had five TDs in Martinez's four games. He had six in TAs eight games. And we never saw the corner route that Martinez repeatedly dropped on a dime to Enunwa and others after TA went in.

Tell that to Quincy, not me. He is the one who blamed Martinez for the drops.

I realize that. But you're using it as an argument so it would seem that you agree.

NOOOO. You obviously dont get it. And I'm defending True on this cuz we happen to agree on Armstrong. I think when it's all said and done he'll be a better qb here than Taylor. No, he probably wont set the records, but overall, when it's all said and done, he'll be remembered as better. BUT GOD DAMN IT, THAT DOESNT MEAN WE THINK TAYLOR SUCKED OR DISLIKED HIM.

Calm down there buddy. I was not directing anything towards True, in fact I mention King by name and was generalizing towards him and the other TM haters. I was kind of writing stream of consciousness and should have at least read through it before posting. I still stand by my statement that there are Taylor haters that will do exactly what The King is doing and minimize Taylor to draw attention away from obvious TA shortcomings (unforced fumbles and INTs).

Same way goes with this past season. The notion that we thought Armstrong was better than Taylor. LOL. Yeah. We're dumb enough to think a reddyfresh is better than a 5th year senior with 4 full years experience. LOL. NO. The concept was that Armstrong was better than an obviously hurt Taylor. And he was. No even close. I'd like to see it put to bed, but it wont be. 23 years from now, we'll still be rehashing Taylor Martinez. How great he was, and how bad he was, all at the same time. It's mind-boggling.

There were many times last season people on this board wholeheartedly claimed they believed TA to be a better QB than a healthy Martinez. I'm way too tired to look it up, but it pissed me off enough to remember it. I'd also like nothing more than to stop talking about Taylor and focus on the future of the team, but guys like The King feel the need to bring him up and bash him with specious claims. I tried to quote any of his claims (none of which were backed up by any kind of source) but got an error about quote tags not matching up, which is annoying since I can't figure out why it's doing that. I've checked the post like 20 times and I get an opening tag and a closing tag for each quote.

But honestly I'm done with this. The King can keep trying to deflect his part in taking this thread off the rails and I'm done participating in it. I look forward to hearing actual information about this year's team and hope that it doesn't keep devolving into yet another TM Bashing thread.

It actually isn't speculation.

It's pretty well documented that people welcome the leadership TA brings to the team and it is also well documented how much more willing people were to put their necks out for Tommy in the media - and don't you remember the whole Quincy Enunwa situation with who'd he rather have start or w/e and he pretty much threw TM under the bus?

Thanks in advance for the documentation that you are about to bless us with, since it is, as you say, well documented.

Can't wait.

There are numerous things I've posted on here and PM'd to people that was not public knowledge at the time and did become public knowledge. Furthermore, I know there are articles out there that talk about Tommy's leadership ability.

Enunwa regarding a question about Martinez and dropped balls: "You guys are going to make me say something I shouldn't say so I'm not going to answer that."

So let me get this straight.

You claim that it is well documented that people welcome Tommy's leadership then fail to provide said documentation, claiming some fluff newspaper articles that don't get referenced. Seems legitimate.

You claim that it is well documented that other players would stick their necks out for Tommy rather than Taylor to the media, then fail to provide said documentation. I believe it.

You also erroneously claim that Quincy made a statement that he would rather have Tommy start, when in fact Quincy's statement said nothing of the sort, but instead said that it's his job to catch the ball, but the quarterback needs to put it in a good place, implying that Taylor wasn't throwing good balls. Quincy then went on to have butter hands the rest of the season with Ron and Tommy throwing balls, thus rendering his personal sour-grapes opinion of one specific teammate to be unfounded.

So uh... what exactly are you basing this all on again?

Surely we can agree that leadership is one of Tommy's strongest traits without going down this whole speculative, read-between-the-lines, and a little mean-spirited angle about how Taylor wasn't a good leader and guys didn't want to play for him?

Precisely why I asked the question in a previous post:

Do you think chemistry and leadership factor into how a team does? It's not secret that Tommy is a better leader and more vocal than Taylor ever was or will be. That's not a knock on Taylor, it's just a great trait to have in a QB. I happen to think they do factor in.

Zoogies says: Can't we just acknowledge Tommy without negatively comparing Martinez?

The Dude says: Precisely why I acknowledged Tommy by negatively comparing Martinez!!!

• Fire 1

Can we shut the f#*k up about Martinez? We all know he played his heart out, and was warrior. But we have a QB battle going on right now that's a little more imporatn than how many fumbles Martinez had in his career.

I think Tommy starts the first couple of games, but by the time Miami comes around we see Stanton used more and more.

• Fire 3

Armstrong will start day 1 - not Stanton, not Turner....Armstrong. We will also win a conference championship with him by the time he is done (haven't won one since 99' mind you). Will our defense be better than when Martinez was here? Yes, which helps.

I agree with King about leadership and just a different mentality about the team. Tommy is the closest guy that resembles what Frazier brought to this team. A guy who had swagger about him that people rallied around and leadership. Taylor didn't have those qualities.

Tommy does need to work on his medium passing game which was evident when I watched his HS game film. He also does put too much air sometimes on the ball. To say he doesn't have a cannon is comical though. Regardless, Taylor did some great things for us, but it is time to move on. I cannot wait to see what Tommy does going forward because I have been excited about him since day 1.

I don't care if you don't like Taylor, but this is pure speculation. Until players start coming out and saying they didn't like him, then why bring this up? This was beat to death a couple years ago when the line was blocking poorly. Until players come forward and say Taylor wasn't a leader, or a bad influence in the locker room, or a poor teammate, don't bring it up. It's pointless.

Especially don't bring it up when tons of players have said exactly the opposite.

It actually isn't speculation.

It's pretty well documented that people welcome the leadership TA brings to the team and it is also well documented how much more willing people were to put their necks out for Tommy in the media - and don't you remember the whole Quincy Enunwa situation with who'd he rather have start or w/e and he pretty much threw TM under the bus?

Thanks in advance for the documentation that you are about to bless us with, since it is, as you say, well documented.

Can't wait.

pbkTF.gif

There are numerous things I've posted on here and PM'd to people that was not public knowledge at the time and did become public knowledge. Furthermore, I know there are articles out there that talk about Tommy's leadership ability.

Enunwa regarding a question about Martinez and dropped balls: "You guys are going to make me say something I shouldn't say so I'm not going to answer that."

This thread just hit warp speed to the Artard galaxy.

• Fire 1