Spring Practice Dumpster Fire

Mavric

Oh, I'll also throw in (going into his junior year) Taylor had 47 FUMBLES. 4. 7. 4-7.

FUMBLES.

How many were lost? How many were from getting blindsided in the pocket because the O-Line couldn't protect the pocket? Did he drop the ball? Sure, but so does TA (and far too often its during the snap).

I still don't get the Martinez haters. The dude set over 30 school records, including: total offense, passing yards, touchdown passes and rushing yards by a QB. Dude played through injuries, dealt with scorn from fans, led the team to 2 conference championship games (games the defense slept through), and essentially put up video game numbers for 3 years. What did he do to earn your unabashed hatred?

It is a fact, Martinez is one of the great Nebraska QBs and it is a shame that the team couldn't help him win a championship.

I'm fairly positive that those fumble numbers are not correct going into his junior year,but i dont care enough to check.

Its funny that even with Taylor (allegedly according to the king) throwing a worse ball, he still had a much better passing percentage.

It's okay king, you're entitled to being wrong.

Is the debate about how good Armstrong can be always gonna revert to you butthurt folks defending Taylor? You know they both can be good QB's right? Saying one is a good ball player doesn't equal the other sucks donkey balls. You get that don't you? I think the jump to defense of Taylor crap by some of you is about worn out.

It was the anti-Taylor guys that brought him up, I don't understand why The King and folks like him needs to Martinez to talk up Armstrong. Especially since he has done nothing to show he was better than even a freshman Martinez.

I get it. You don't like Taylor and for some reason love Armstrong. Can we move on and talk about the team without disparaging one of the most prolific players in Nebraska history?

NOOOO. You obviously dont get it. And I'm defending True on this cuz we happen to agree on Armstrong. I think when it's all said and done he'll be a better qb here than Taylor. No, he probably wont set the records, but overall, when it's all said and done, he'll be remembered as better. BUT GOD DAMN IT, THAT DOESNT MEAN WE THINK TAYLOR SUCKED OR DISLIKED HIM.

Same way goes with this past season. The notion that we thought Armstrong was better than Taylor. LOL. Yeah. We're dumb enough to think a reddyfresh is better than a 5th year senior with 4 full years experience. LOL. NO. The concept was that Armstrong was better than an obviously hurt Taylor. And he was. No even close. I'd like to see it put to bed, but it wont be. 23 years from now, we'll still be rehashing Taylor Martinez. How great he was, and how bad he was, all at the same time. It's mind-boggling.

Oh, I'll also throw in (going into his junior year) Taylor had 47 FUMBLES. 4. 7. 4-7.

FUMBLES.

How many were lost? How many were from getting blindsided in the pocket because the O-Line couldn't protect the pocket? Did he drop the ball? Sure, but so does TA (and far too often its during the snap).

I still don't get the Martinez haters. The dude set over 30 school records, including: total offense, passing yards, touchdown passes and rushing yards by a QB. Dude played through injuries, dealt with scorn from fans, led the team to 2 conference championship games (games the defense slept through), and essentially put up video game numbers for 3 years. What did he do to earn your unabashed hatred?

It is a fact, Martinez is one of the great Nebraska QBs and it is a shame that the team couldn't help him win a championship.

I'm fairly positive that those fumble numbers are not correct going into his junior year,but i dont care enough to check.

Its funny that even with Taylor (allegedly according to the king) throwing a worse ball, he still had a much better passing percentage.

Those numbers were correct. This site doesn't even include games stats unless it's two FBS schools and there are 45 in his 1st three years. I checked this a while back and he did have a couple more fumbles that don't show up here.

http://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/player-stat/fumbles

#it'sokaytobefairlypositiveandbewrong

FUMBLES.

Those numbers were correct. This site doesn't even include games stats unless it's two FBS schools and there are 45 in his 1st three years. I checked this a while back and he did have a couple more fumbles that don't show up here.

http://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/player-stat/fumbles

I'm not sure what that link is supposed to show, but i didn't see anywhere that mentioned Taylor Martinez and fumbles.

Btw, i think that those 47 fumbles were going into his senior year.

this is not a judgment on either qb's ability, only an observation. i think people are critical of t-mart and are excited for ta simply because ta looks very comfortable as a qb. t-mart is an incredible athlete, but he never really looked like a qb. ta seems to already have pretty good pocket presence.

• Fire 1

FUMBLES.

http://www.teamranki...er-stat/fumbles

I'm not sure what that link is supposed to show, but i didn't see anywhere that mentioned Taylor Martinez and fumbles.

Btw, i think that those 47 fumbles were going into his senior year.

You have to cycle through the years.

Taylor had 16 fumbles in 2010, 13 in 2011, and 16 in 2012. Led the nation in fumbles three years in a row. That's 45 fumbles going into his senior year.

That is excluding any games against non-FBS opponents as well, so to get the true number you have to go through the play-by-play stuff on Huskermax or some other source and add those in. IIRC there were only a couple more. In general, QBs running the triple option are up high on the list.

BTW this is the only site I've ever found that has stats like this. Team fumbles are easy to find, but individual are not as readily available. I did once go through Crouch's 1999 season manually and if I remember correctly he had 12 that year, which was the worst of his career. It's too bad these stats don't go back further because it would be interesting to see numbers from our past QBs as a comparison given the type of offense they ran.

• Fire 1

That is excluding any games against non-FBS opponents as well, so to get the true number you have to go through the play-by-play stuff on Huskermax or some other source and add those in. IIRC there were only a couple more. In general, QBs running the triple option are up high on the list.

BTW this is the only site I've ever found that has stats like this. Team fumbles are easy to find, but individual are not as readily available. I did once go through Crouch's 1999 season manually and if I remember correctly he had 12 that year, which was the worst of his career. It's too bad these stats don't go back further because it would be interesting to see numbers from our past QBs as a comparison given the type of offense they ran.

That's true. I think Taylor's fumble stats are slightly inflated for the simple reason that he ran the ball a lot. It's bound to happen that a running QB is gonna have more fumbles than a pocket QB. With that said, Taylor had horrible ball security and had a lot of head scratching fumbles in his career.

Let's play a game.

The next person to say shenanigans mention Taylor Martinez in a thread about spring football practice gets pistol whipped.

Hey, what's that name of the player who's all over the wall at the place you like?