Sam Keller

Landlord

I think you are wrong on that AZraider. The team voted him off, can not remember the running back we had, brain dead, but same deal. He was a poison for that team, and I truly think he was for ours. Never have been a fan. I have no problem with the EA thing. These kids put it all on the line and on any given day it is over, where as we pay coaches millions of dollars with no physical damage likely. I am not saying they don't get money out of it, but no where on the level the NCAA and Universities do with it. When Jimme can make 2K a seat for a game, someone needs to get something out of it, it seems to me.

But I wonder how successful this new program will be. Going to be hard filling a conf championship game, a playoff game and NC game.

Now that I looked back at it, what happened was Keller was named the starter by Koetter (what a joke of a coach he was for ASU), and Rudy Carpenter "allegedly" threatened to quit the team. Several players in the ASU leadership council went to Koetter and told him they disagreed with the decision. At the time, Carpenter was a sophomore, Keller was a senior, and Koetter changed his mind and benched Keller. That led to him leaving for the Huskers. What a mess!

Aside from the team and transfer, it sounds like a Crouch type deal.

I think you are wrong on that AZraider. The team voted him off, can not remember the running back we had, brain dead, but same deal. He was a poison for that team, and I truly think he was for ours. Never have been a fan. I have no problem with the EA thing. These kids put it all on the line and on any given day it is over, where as we pay coaches millions of dollars with no physical damage likely. I am not saying they don't get money out of it, but no where on the level the NCAA and Universities do with it. When Jimme can make 2K a seat for a game, someone needs to get something out of it, it seems to me.

But I wonder how successful this new program will be. Going to be hard filling a conf championship game, a playoff game and NC game.

Now that I looked back at it, what happened was Keller was named the starter by Koetter (what a joke of a coach he was for ASU), and Rudy Carpenter "allegedly" threatened to quit the team. Several players in the ASU leadership council went to Koetter and told him they disagreed with the decision. At the time, Carpenter was a sophomore, Keller was a senior, and Koetter changed his mind and benched Keller. That led to him leaving for the Huskers. What a mess!

Aside from the team and transfer, it sounds like a Crouch type deal.

yeah and that always bothered me about Crouch. just cry and quit because you didn't get what you wanted. seems kinda anti-husker. now about keller i don't blame the coach if there are so many other players that didn't want keller as starter over carpenter not much he could do. kinda what we heard about taylor this past season and some players didn't want taylor starting.

kinda what we heard about taylor this past season and some players didn't want taylor starting.

huh?

Exactly.

I can think of one former player who wasn't thrilled with Taylor starting. Granted, it was a few years ago when Taylor was a freshman......

There was a group of seniors that definitely considered Zac to be "their" guy and I think that probably undermined Taylor's ability to lead his freshman year. Niles Paul and Mike McNeill being the two that stood out.

But I think husker_99 is referencing this season when Quincy threw Taylor under the bus with his post-game comments after the Minnesota loss.

Im really looking forward to the Gophers trip to Lincoln this year. Cant wait for us to right that wrrong.

The Minnesota game was baffling how does a coach not see that a hurt qb is hurting the team? One thing i am glad is that Taylor won't be here anymore so Bo can play him no matter what. But after the Minnesota game he finally realized if he didn't give other people a chance to play and get some reps he would be screwed next year. It's a shame Taylor got hurt his freshman year and Bo completely mismanaged him after that. He could've led us to a BCS game.

Im really looking forward to the Gophers trip to Lincoln this year. Cant wait for us to right that wrrong.

The Minnesota game was baffling how does a coach not see that a hurt qb is hurting the team? One thing i am glad is that Taylor won't be here anymore so Bo can play him no matter what. But after the Minnesota game he finally realized if he didn't give other people a chance to play and get some reps he would be screwed next year. It's a shame Taylor got hurt his freshman year and Bo completely mismanaged him after that. He could've led us to a BCS game.

Taylor was hurt sure, but he still played a decent game. No adjustments were made and the winning mentality wasnt there. Even if RK3 OR TA were played, I think we manage to piss that one down our leg. Maybe TA gets pick happy again. Maybe Ronnie gets jittery. Who knows really. The whole thing was bad. It was a team loss.

Sam Keller wouldve lost tue game for us too. See how I brought it back full circle.

We really have no idea of what the team thought of Taylor, speculation on all parts. But the most important part of the team, decided he should play nearly every down, injured or not. I feel that was not in the best interest of Taylor, but Bo may have felt it was his only chance with what he had on the side line. Tough situation for a coach to be in no question. Taylor is gone, and I am hoping there is a totally fair and unbiased approach to the new kids playing QB. I think Bo moved forward this year on playing the talent, and not quite as heavily on the knowledge side. In college that is what is needed. It is such an emotional game, having fire on the field seems more important to me. Really looking forward to this year. I have a feeling we are going to see some changes in every aspect. Enough time has passed, experience gained for Bo to know what works and does not work.

• Fire 2

I was a Lee fan, no question. But I think he was hurt, Taylor got the chance and never was really pushed, never saw what most saw in Cody. Still don't for that matter. But was talking more about the defensive side. He seemed to try to get the talent on the field earlier. Could be wrong, just hoping for the best. May have been out of desperation, but a lot of new kids got reps this year that in the past they would not have seen the field it seemed to me.

I was a Lee fan, no question. But I think he was hurt, Taylor got the chance and never was really pushed, never saw what most saw in Cody. Still don't for that matter. But was talking more about the defensive side. He seemed to try to get the talent on the field earlier. Could be wrong, just hoping for the best. May have been out of desperation, but a lot of new kids got reps this year that in the past they would not have seen the field it seemed to me.

I agree, Lee was for sure not in a good position to be starter. He was hurt the year before but there were literally no other options.

Also agree with the youth gettin reps. Normally we would just plunk in the guy with more experience and hope for the best. That wasnt an option so much this year so dipoing into the talent pool early was necessity. Its gonna pay off ten fold come fall.

I agree on the experience, but I think it most likely will help Bo more than anything. That is what I am hoping. Getting the youth and the talent on the field forced him to trust the youth, which I think he did. That will make it easier to happen in the future.

Not happy about the season, but I think there are positives to be taken from it in the future.

• Fire 1