Fremont, NE doubles down on the stupid

uhhh because they don't or not as much as people with who are citizens who have jobs and healthcare

So...let me ask you this. I'm assuming almost all illegal immigrants in Freemont work in the packing industry. I also know people who have worked in the packing industry in the human resources department. I employ people in an area that has a high hispanic population.

I know the people who have worked in the packing industry in human resources have personally gone through every available check to see if someone is illegal or not. So do we. Walking down the street, can you tell me who is illegal and who isn't? I sure can't. The documents they get now are so real that it is extremely difficult to tell who is real and who isn't.

So, when any of these people get a job, they pay taxes just as any of us do. The packing industry doesn't pay payroll taxes on some but not others.

These people then take their pay home and feed their families buying food from the local grocery stores. They buy gas from the gas station. They buy clothes from the local Walmart....and on and on and on....They pay taxes on any of that stuff that legal citizens do.

So, I am curious as to how illegals don't pay taxes but legal citizens do.

• Fire 1

jobs, housing, medical assistance, or should I say basically free healthcare

You have no idea what this ordinance is. Its a fee and a check to get a permit to rent property. Nothing about free or reduced anything. Just a bunch of old white bigots afraid of the brown people.

uhhh because they don't or not as much as people with who are citizens who have jobs and healthcare

So...let me ask you this. I'm assuming almost all illegal immigrants in Freemont work in the packing industry. I also know people who have worked in the packing industry in the human resources department. I employ people in an area that has a high hispanic population.

I know the people who have worked in the packing industry in human resources have personally gone through every available check to see if someone is illegal or not. So do we. Walking down the street, can you tell me who is illegal and who isn't? I sure can't. The documents they get now are so real that it is extremely difficult to tell who is real and who isn't.

So, when any of these people get a job, they pay taxes just as any of us do. The packing industry doesn't pay payroll taxes on some but not others.

These people then take their pay home and feed their families buying food from the local grocery stores. They buy gas from the gas station. They buy clothes from the local Walmart....and on and on and on....They pay taxes on any of that stuff that legal citizens do.

So, I am curious as to how illegals don't pay taxes but legal citizens do.

Plus those illegal immigrants who have federal income taxes withheld from their paychecks cannot claim various tax credits/deductions . . . so they end up paying more in federal income taxes than a similarly situated U.S. citizen.

Point of Clarity - absolutely nobody here is in favor of illegal immigrants, or people jumping the border to come here to work. Ideally everyone here in the States with a job would have gotten here through legal channels and would have all of the correct paperwork. The posts here are in no way to be construed as being lenient or accepting of people breaking the law to work in America.

• Fire 1

Point of Clarity - absolutely nobody here is in favor of illegal immigrants, or people jumping the border to come here to work. Ideally everyone here in the States with a job would have gotten here through legal channels and would have all of the correct paperwork. The posts here are in no way to be construed as being lenient or accepting of people breaking the law to work in America.

I agree.

The fact is, nobody can look at a room full of people and tell me who is legal and who isn't even if they handed you all the appropriate paperwork.

So, how the hell can I condemn someone if I have absolutely no clue who I am supposed to condemn?

• Fire 1

I agree.

The fact is, nobody can look at a room full of people and tell me who is legal and who isn't even if they handed you all the appropriate paperwork.

So, how the hell can I condemn someone if I have absolutely no clue who I am supposed to condemn?

Actually, in that situation I most likely could.

Carlfense I am not sure what kind of research you want me to do. I don't think there is anything written anywhere that I know of to force illegal immigrants who don't know there names to pay the correct amount of tax's and pay for their healthcare. How would you enforce it when they don['t even know their names half the time.

Here is what you said:

jobs, housing, medical assistance, or should I say basically free healthcare

Why/how do you think that illegal immigrants get those things without paying for them "as [we] do"?

I also Know someone really really well who worked as an accountant in a packing house NOT in Fremont and had to issue pay checks once in a while by hand for whatever reason and when they would come in there were several that couldn't remember their own name and would have to say two sometimes three before they got it right.

You still haven't told me how they aren't paying taxes.

I also Know someone really really well who worked as an accountant in a packing house NOT in Fremont and had to issue pay checks once in a while by hand for whatever reason and when they would come in there were several that couldn't remember their own name and would have to say two sometimes three before they got it right.

You're such a liberal, BRB. :P

You're such a liberal, BRB. :P

Reported for personal attack.

Uh you really think they are paying in at the end of the year? I don't pay for my job, housing they are paying cash so I am sure the landlord isn't claiming it all, Healthcare well I am pretty sure I went over it and I really don't know how else to explain it to some the smartest people in the world. Tell me how I am wrong