2014 PGA Tour Discussion Thread

Mavric

Tiger is a joke.

He starts doing bad & he pulls out of the tournament because he's "hurt."

Or he was hurt and thus was playing bad.

We are talking about a surgically repaired back, not a toothache (Rory).

Who knows why people say things like cacti did. I've read that statement probably a dozen times the last 3 years on Huskerboard. It's sheer lulz every time.

I don't meant to discredit his victory in any way, but I do think Rory was very fortunate a few times.

• The shot on 10 was a necky pull that was 10 yards low and 15 yards left of what he intended, by his own admission. 3W were plugging in the FW all day, and his rolled out 30+ yards. It was a "good miss," I guess.
  • On 17, he fanned his drive right. He was very fortunate that his tee ball rolled back down into the flat of the bunker. It looked like he was going to be behind the lip, but instead he had a perfect lie.
  • On 18, he again fans his drive right. He was very fortunate that stayed up and out of the hazard.

He got away with a few big misses off the tee on the last few holes. Those tee shots should have been penalized in some way, but instead he was able to play them in -1.

That being said, that putt on 17 was so clutch.

Tiger is a joke.

He starts doing bad & he pulls out of the tournament because he's "hurt."

Or he was hurt and thus was playing bad.

We are talking about a surgically repaired back, not a toothache (Rory).

Who knows why people say things like cacti did. I've read that statement probably a dozen times the last 3 years on Huskerboard. It's sheer lulz every time.

Because he's a joke. He had to stop taking the PEDs once his guy was caught and now he can't bear the humiliation of not doing well, so he pins it on an injury.

Played soccer with a guy who would fall down complaining of his knee hurting every time he made a bad shot. Many times there was no one around him. He, too, was a joke.