What, if anything, makes you dislike Creighton fans?

I'm annoyed by the portion of the fanbase that overlaps with the old money Omaha crowd. I see those same people at every Catholic wedding in Omaha.

Also, I'm annoyed by the fact that some of their fans seem to think of their fan hood as more of a social status event than a sporting event. For example . . . I think it's strange that your post game plan with your 10 friends is to go to Dario's and eat mussels provencal and foie gras. Don't get me wrong . . . I'm down with both nice dining and sports . . . I just think that they should remain separate but equal. Maybe be a sports fan 3/5ths of the time or something?

The need to pay a rather hefty sum of tuition for a rather pedestrian educational experience is a bit baffling to me (no, I don't think being the #1 regional university in the middle of the country is that big of an accomplishment).

They kind of act like they are Harvard...but outside of Omaha and KC no one really knows anything about Creighton

. . . yeah . . . the dirty little secret is that UNL offers a more highly regarded education. Particularly true with graduate school.

I'm annoyed by the portion of the fanbase that overlaps with the old money Omaha crowd. I see those same people at every Catholic wedding in Omaha.

Also, I'm annoyed by the fact that some of their fans seem to think of their fan hood as more of a social status event than a sporting event. For example . . . I think it's strange that your post game plan with your 10 friends is to go to Dario's and eat mussels provencal and foie gras. Don't get me wrong . . . I'm down with both nice dining and sports . . . I just think that they should remain separate but equal. Maybe be a sports fan 3/5ths of the time or something?

I like mussels. Eat them at least once a week on average. But then again...I live on an island in the South Pacific. Not Omaha.

husker fans should know better than to generalize an entire fanbase based off of the small sampling they are in contact with.

but i will defend jayskers, as i am one. i have nothing against husker basketball and i root for them. but i was born and raised in omaha. went to every CU game for probably 5-6 years. they are my team. but they do not have a football team. so it stands to reason that i would root for the home football team, the huskers, who transcend the entire state (whereas CU is more of an omaha team). kind of unfair to say that if you are a CU basketball fan (your home team) you can not be a husker football fan. those are both my home teams and i went to neither of their schools (i agree about the criticisms of CU as a academic institute). just my two cents as a jaysker. also, fans should want as many more fans of their program's sports, individual or otherwise, that they can get.

husker fans should know better than to generalize an entire fanbase based off of the small sampling they are in contact with.

but i will defend jayskers, as i am one. i have nothing against husker basketball and i root for them. but i was born and raised in omaha. went to every CU game for probably 5-6 years. they are my team. but they do not have a football team. so it stands to reason that i would root for the home football team, the huskers, who transcend the entire state (whereas CU is more of an omaha team). kind of unfair to say that if you are a CU basketball fan (your home team) you can not be a husker football fan. those are both my home teams and i went to neither of their schools (i agree about the criticisms of CU as a academic institute). just my two cents as a jaysker. also, fans should want as many more fans of their program's sports, individual or otherwise, that they can get.

I believe you can be a fan of both teams. But what was mentioned earlier is that you can't be a Husker football fan and then talk sh#t about the Husker basketball team. That just aint right.

I believe you can be a fan of both teams. But what was mentioned earlier is that you can't be a Husker football fan and then talk sh#t about the Husker basketball team. That just aint right.

what if you talk "s" word about husker b-ball, but in a self-deprecating fashion?

but yeah, i agree. and i am sure there are plenty of CU fans i do not like, just like any program.

what if you talk "s" word about husker b-ball, but in a self-deprecating fashion?

but yeah, i agree. and i am sure there are plenty of CU fans i do not like, just like any program.

I only know 2 Creighton fans. My 2 brother in laws. I like them. They are good people. I can't stand that they cheer for Husker football and against Husker basketball.

I can't talk alot of crap about Creighton, because in essence, I'm even worse. I love North Carolina basketball. Have been watching them since I was a little kid when Jordan played for them. I've never even BEEN to North Carolina, and I've been to 34 states. It's kind of pathetic.

Still...me and a buddy had a discussion a couple of years ago about if, hypothetically, Nebraska ended up playing North Carolina in the tourney one day. Who would I go for?

Nebraska. A million times out of a million. Not even close to think about. But god forbid the day that Nebraska would have to play Creighton in the tourney. A state civil war might break out. That said...

It's kind of cool that both Nebraska schools could end up dancing. Hopefully not with each other, though.