New D-coordinator

HANC

hey, I know that all of this is hypothetical and speculation....but it creates great message board conversations... and, if we can (and did) speculate on BC replacement in the middle of October, then we can speculate on the new D-coordinator.

If Coach Coz bolts for the Vikes (I hope he doesn't, but who could blame him $$)

who would we hire to replace him?

1. Do we stay within? We all know that this team needs continuity.... another new system would suck..... what would that be, 4 in 5 years or something like that.

If we stay within: Can Blake cut the mustard as D-Coordinator....might be a way to make sure he stays on for a while...we need his recruiting..... Is there anyone else on the D-side of the ball that is capable of such a title?

2. Do we hire from the outside? If so, then who? A few guys that I like, probably would laugh in NU's face. Marvin Sanders comes to mind.....but no way in hell.

Maybe we promote Blake to keep him, and hire 2 guys to come in and replace Downing and then to replace Blake as D-line....or maybe let Blake cont. d-line and bring in a position coach to replace Coz.

Does Coach Roberts have a defensive background? Sounds like a great recruiter.

Looking for imput here. :restore2:restore2

One name I hope our buddy Monte Kiffin would throw our way -- Mike Tomlin.

Tomlin coaches the d-backs for the Bucs staff. He has learned under Kiffin and has done a remarkable job with the DB's for Tampa over the last 3-4 years. A young fiery coach straight from Kiffin's molding would be FANTASTIC.

But I have to agree with the above. Promote somebody within so the players will not have their 4th different DC and scheme in 5 years.

One name I hope our buddy Monte Kiffin would throw our way -- Mike Tomlin.

Tomlin coaches the d-backs for the Bucs staff. He has learned under Kiffin and has done a remarkable job with the DB's for Tampa over the last 3-4 years. A young fiery coach straight from Kiffin's molding would be FANTASTIC.

But I have to agree with the above. Promote somebody within so the players will not have their 4th different DC and scheme in 5 years.

Tomlin is also being mentioned to join the Vikes staff.

HA

I go read an article on BHF about Cottrell being fired by the Vikings, and who is the likely replacement for him? Mike Tomlin.

Oh well, there is always Gary Gibbs from the Cowboys. Gibbs is the former OU coach and has coached top defenses at UGA and LSU in past years after his OU tenure.

HA

I go read an article on BHF about Cottrell being fired by the Vikings, and who is the likely replacement for him? Mike Tomlin.

Oh well, there is always Gary Gibbs from the Cowboys. Gibbs is the former OU coach and has coached top defenses at UGA and LSU in past years after his OU tenure.

and why not? we got blake who was HC at OU.

let's make it so that the sooners can't cheer against us any more!