Left-Hand Baseball Catcher

High School, College and Pro managers are not stupid.......

Exactly, no instant stars. Again....

"there's been that bias through the years, so there are very few or no catchers mitts for lefty throwers as kids are growing up, so lefty kids don't become catchers, and that bias perpetuates itself"

How many African American players in NHL? Very few.

High School, College and Pro managers are not stupid.......

Exactly, no instant stars. Again....

"there's been that bias through the years, so there are very few or no catchers mitts for lefty throwers as kids are growing up, so lefty kids don't become catchers, and that bias perpetuates itself"

How many African American players in NHL? Very few.

You think high school is too late to convert a kid to a different position? If a high school varsity coach saw a kid as a freshman and said, I want this kid playing this position, the freshman, reserve and jv coaches would have to listen. Not many kids start on varsity their freshman season, so they'd have time to learn/practice to catcher position.

And Im not even going to answer you on the NHL thing. That's just silly and unrelated.

Left handed catchers are the same as a black person playing hockey? Got it.

To tell you the truth, all American people except northern states kids (i.e. Minnesota, ND, Wisconsin and Michigan) are very few NHL players. Different path. Most kids concentrate on football, basketball, baseball and even soccer skills. Who cares about ice hockey skills............and left handed catcher.

British kids? Who cares about football, basketball and baseball? Concentrate on soccer, cricket and rugby skills!

Being left handed and having played BB in my youth and throughout HS. I was only allowed to play first, pitch or OF. I couldn't pitch so I played a lot of OF and some 1st base.

I asked my HS coach why no lefty infielders other than 1st base and he never could give me a good explanation. He would usually mumble something about not being able to go to the hole at short or not being able to turn two. Which is basically BS. IMO it basically comes down to tradition. For 140 years left handed people never played those positions so they don't now.

Being left handed and having played BB in my youth and throughout HS. I was only allowed to play first, pitch or OF. I couldn't pitch so I played a lot of OF and some 1st base.

I asked my HS coach why no lefty infielders other than 1st base and he never could give me a good explanation. He would usually mumble something about not being able to go to the hole at short or not being able to turn two. Which is basically BS. IMO it basically comes down to tradition. For 140 years left handed people never played those positions so they don't now.

If you are charging a ground ball or fielding one hit to your right, you'd have to twist way around to make the throw to first, or to second if you are playing SS or 3B, wouldn't you? Your push-off foot is nearer your target instead of away from it so you've got to take a step to get off a quick throw rather than just throwing off your back foot like a righty can do.