SIGNED - DE Daishon Neal

Of course it's happened, it's happened to every school. You don't pull the offer of an in-state kid who's been committed for months for taking ONE OV after a coaching change, even though he has been extremely positive through the change.

Have you ever thought maybe Neal hasn't had the opportunities to see some places and now does for free? Why not take the opportunity.

I'm not saying there is 0 chance he flips, but this I'd put it at 95% that he is N in February and 50% chance he doesn't even go on the visit.

Ok maybe not pull but the coaches should not plan on him. If you are going to take a look then you are not committed and the coaches should have that policy and many if them do.

"Listen, if you visit another school, we are going to move forward with our plans as you are not committed."

If the Bussey situation was say a huge position of need.. Let's say quarterback. And he made it known that he will decommit if you recruit another QB. Then he takes visits to 3 other schools, what are the coaches expected to do? Be committed to a kid that doesn't show that commitment back? Its a two way street.

Ok maybe not pull but the coaches should not plan on him. If you are going to take a look then you are not committed and the coaches should have that policy and many if them do.

"Listen, if you visit another school, we are going to move forward with our plans as you are not committed."

If the Bussey situation was say a huge position of need.. Let's say quarterback. And he made it known that he will decommit if you recruit another QB. Then he takes visits to 3 other schools, what are the coaches expected to do? Be committed to a kid that doesn't show that commitment back? Its a two way street.

I can agree with you now. Maybe not tell them we are going to proceed as if you are not committed, but you definitely need to keep options.

No ones disagreeing with this. Like I said, this isn't what you first post says

I agree it is a little different with the coaching change but Riley still can not commit to these kids. This is his job.

"Hey Jane will you go to prom with me? Now in the weeks ahead I'm going to go out with 3 different girls just to make sure they are not a better fit for me. Hope that's ok!"

That's agreeing to one night for prom, not a big deal. This is agreeing to 4 years.

Same concept. Just scaled down.

With the limited number of commits in this class you have to be sure. You can't keep a spot for him in this class if he decides he isn't not fully committed to Nebraska. If he visits Oregon and a DE from Georgia wants to commit, you can't turn him down.

Scaled down enough it isn't relevent. Of course you let the kid visit, but I don't think we are turning down any DE's from Georgia so that is also irrelevant.

I would venture to guess Neal was contacted immediately following an in-home from one of today's premier and "sexy" programs and was probably pumped up and said he wanted to visit. Which is why I think there is a 50% chance he doesn't even go.