SIGNED - DE Daishon Neal

"Nebraska is definitely No. 1 on my list," Neal said. "I’m still a 100 percent Husker commit. There’s nothing to worry about. I enjoy getting the other offers, because this is a once-in-a-lifetime thing, but I’m still 100 percent Husker."

If your committed, is there really a need for a list?

I wrote this in the Kendall Bussey thread, but the same should apply for Daishon Neal and all of us who worry about this sort of stuff. When it comes to college recruiting, jobs, women, cars, restaurant menus, or whatever else, it is always wise to have a back-up plan:

If Pelini and the staff are smart, they are keeping a strong list of other RBs to be in contact with in case we lose Bussey's commitment. It doesn't mean we aren't committed to him.

If the AD is smart, he's got a list of coaching candidates already in case Pelini leaves or needs to be fired. It doesn't mean the AD isn't currently committed to Pelini.

If you are smart, you keep a look out for job opportunities that might be better than the one you have. It doesn't mean you aren't committed to your current job.

If Kendall Bussey Jr is smart, he is going to take a look at the opportunities that are available to him and take advantage of the only time in his life when he gets to make these visits and make such an important decision. It doesn't mean he's not coming to NU.

Just relax.

"Nebraska is definitely No. 1 on my list," Neal said. "I’m still a 100 percent Husker commit. There’s nothing to worry about. I enjoy getting the other offers, because this is a once-in-a-lifetime thing, but I’m still 100 percent Husker."

It's called validation. There is nothing wrong with it. Also, the more offers he gets and the more camps he attends and does well, the better his rating could get and in turn rate the 2015 class higher. Which doesn't mean a lot to some people but to others, it does.

I can see his point in what he is doing.

He is a HS kid and this is a once in a life time chance to visit these other schools and see how they work. Some kids don't commit early so they can take visits and experience the other schools even though they pretty much know where they are going. This kid happened to commit and still wants to experience this process.

I'm not too concerned.

I wrote this in the Kendall Bussey thread, but the same should apply for Daishon Neal and all of us who worry about this sort of stuff. When it comes to college recruiting, jobs, women, cars, restaurant menus, or whatever else, it is always wise to have a back-up plan:

If Pelini and the staff are smart, they are keeping a strong list of other RBs to be in contact with in case we lose Bussey's commitment. It doesn't mean we aren't committed to him.

If the AD is smart, he's got a list of coaching candidates already in case Pelini leaves or needs to be fired. It doesn't mean the AD isn't currently committed to Pelini.

If you are smart, you keep a look out for job opportunities that might be better than the one you have. It doesn't mean you aren't committed to your current job.

If Kendall Bussey Jr is smart, he is going to take a look at the opportunities that are available to him and take advantage of the only time in his life when he gets to make these visits and make such an important decision. It doesn't mean he's not coming to NU.

Just relax.

Your list applies to girlfriends and wives as well :nanalama