SIGNED - DE Daishon Neal

Bryan Munson@BigRedBryan 9m

Read what #Nebraska commit Daishon Neal told @JoshHarveyScout about his commitment status here: http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=204&f=1127&t=12943099 #Huskers

Don't like this tweet.

Bryan Munson@BigRedBryan 9m

#Nebraska fans wanting some offer validation with Daishon Neal got it in a big way. #Backfire? Possibly...

Told ya I didn't like that right now comment.

As much as kids love to play close to home

in front of "friends" and family, doubt there is any reason to be concerned here. Why would a recruit be interested in Oregon just because a former player coaches there when he'll be coaching here in 3 years

Well that's a bold prediction!!

I am not against Pelini and his staff but I think it is a bit concerning that some of the locals aren't receiving offers. Or when they are they don't feel as wanted as others not from here.

Q: Despite your pledge to the Huskers, will you take any official visits anywhere else?

A: Yes I plan on taking all of my official visits just to look around, nothing serious. I know I will visit Oregon for sure. The other schools I am considering are Kentucky, Notre Dame, Miami (Fla.), Penn State, UCLA and USC. But if you're worried about me leaving, you have nothing to fear. I am staying a Husker!

Why would another school waste a paid trip on anyone who is so solid to a school??

Its like Bill Self said...if you are hearing "yes" more than you are hearing "no" you are not recruiting the right kids...so that is why you get these kids to come and visit. You gotta make your pitch.

As much as kids love to play close to home

in front of "friends" and family, doubt there is any reason to be concerned here. Why would a recruit be interested in Oregon just because a former player coaches there when he'll be coaching here in 3 years

Well that's a bold prediction!!

I am not against Pelini and his staff but I think it is a bit concerning that some of the locals aren't receiving offers. Or when they are they don't feel as wanted as others not from here.

Pelini and staff have been pretty good on judging who should grab an offer. I cant think of anyone we should of offered that we just flat out missed on in recent years.

Also, I don't understand why everyone thinks so many of these Nebraska kids need to get offered. Nebraska in-state talent is pretty poor compared to pretty much anywhere else. You cant grab people just because their local. You grab people you think can make an impact on your football team and they must not of seen it in some of those guys.

• Fire 2

Uh ok. Woodhead for one. Been a little while ago I know but I bet he wouldn't have gotten an offer today either. I think Drew Ott should have been offered, and Maybe even Bazata.

What year was Woodheads class? I'll give you Ott even though he still might be a backup to McMullen or Moss if he was still here. But given our DE depth he would be a good addition. Has Bazata even touched the field? I thought he redshirted.

Uh ok. Woodhead for one. Been a little while ago I know but I bet he wouldn't have gotten an offer today either. I think Drew Ott should have been offered, and Maybe even Bazata.

Yes, there are always examples here and there. But the point is there are usually only 3-4 kids each year that are major D-1 caliber. The Huskers usually get 2-3 of them. Take the top couple and take your chances on missing a few. For every Woodhead, Ott and Bazata there are probably 4-5 more that "could" have been offered but didn't get one and that turned out to be the correct choice.

• Fire 1

Yes, there are always examples here and there. But the point is there are usually only 3-4 kids each year that are major D-1 caliber. The Huskers usually get 2-3 of them. Take the top couple and take your chances on missing a few. For every Woodhead, Ott and Bazata there are probably 4-5 more that "could" have been offered but didn't get one and that turned out to be the correct choice.

My point exactly.

Woodhead was a Callahan era recruit. No reason to take a kid just because he's from Nebraska. Same people would be complaining about the lack of talent on the team during the season if we took more borderline NE kids. We need top talent to compete on a national level, and we're getting there....slowly