SIGNED - DE Daishon Neal

Uh ok. Woodhead for one. Been a little while ago I know but I bet he wouldn't have gotten an offer today either. I think Drew Ott should have been offered, and Maybe even Bazata.

What year was Woodheads class? I'll give you Ott even though he still might be a backup to McMullen or Moss if he was still here. But given our DE depth he would be a good addition. Has Bazata even touched the field? I thought he redshirted.

iirc, same class as horne.

Uh ok. Woodhead for one. Been a little while ago I know but I bet he wouldn't have gotten an offer today either. I think Drew Ott should have been offered, and Maybe even Bazata.

What year was Woodheads class? I'll give you Ott even though he still might be a backup to McMullen or Moss if he was still here. But given our DE depth he would be a good addition. Has Bazata even touched the field? I thought he redshirted.

iirc, same class as horne.

No, same year as Brandon Jackson. Horne was two years earlier.

Woodhead: Like said was in Callahan years. Irrelevant.

Ott: Still not sure he was worth an offer. Yes he started at Iowa, but in the games I watched I remember having a convo with a friend how he looked like a slow DE we had just got rid of (Cam Meredith). Plus IIRC he was in the same class as McMullen, Moss and Gregory....which guy do you tell no so you can take Ott? You can't just take as many guys as you want at any position.

Bazata: What the hell has he done to deserve the scholly over Collins/Maurice?

The only guy I would somewhat consider us "losing" in recent years is Harrison Phillips, but as it has been well documented he was a "tweener" for our system and fit the Stanford D perfectly. But even he hasn't played a down and proved anything.

As much as kids love to play close to home

in front of "friends" and family, doubt there is any reason to be concerned here. Why would a recruit be interested in Oregon just because a former player coaches there when he'll be coaching here in 3 years

Well that's a bold prediction!!

I am not against Pelini and his staff but I think it is a bit concerning that some of the locals aren't receiving offers. Or when they are they don't feel as wanted as others not from here.

Not even sure why this is being discussed in Daishon's thread after news of him getting another big offer he may or may not be interested in. He did offer him. We offered him before any other major D1 schools, therefore showing we wanted him and have never waivered to him.

As much as kids love to play close to home

in front of "friends" and family, doubt there is any reason to be concerned here. Why would a recruit be interested in Oregon just because a former player coaches there when he'll be coaching here in 3 years

Well that's a bold prediction!!

I am not against Pelini and his staff but I think it is a bit concerning that some of the locals aren't receiving offers. Or when they are they don't feel as wanted as others not from here.

Not even sure why this is being discussed in Daishon's thread after news of him getting another big offer he may or may not be interested in. He did offer him. We offered him before any other major D1 schools, therefore showing we wanted him and have never waivered to him.

I think it started out because of the lack of love we show instate talent sometimes.

And, on what you quoted on me earlier I said I doubt Woodhead would have gotten an offer now either so yes I know it was in Callahan years as I also said.

And, on what you quoted on me earlier I said I doubt Woodhead would have gotten an offer now either so yes I know it was in Callahan years as I also said.

Actually, Woodhead would probably have a pretty good chance at an offer this year - but probably not at RB. We've offered several short, shifty, speedy guys who play RB in high school but we're looking to use them in the slot.

Gave an interview this morning on 1620. Sounds pretty solid N. They asked him who his lead recruiter was from Oregon. His response was that he is 100% Husker and on team GBR. Stays in contacts with all of the other Husker recruits in a group text. We just have to keep recruiting him and he will stay ours.

Gave an interview this morning on 1620. Sounds pretty solid N. They asked him who his lead recruiter was from Oregon. His response was that he is 100% Husker and on team GBR. Stays in contacts with all of the other Husker recruits in a group text. We just have to keep recruiting him and he will stay ours.

Also mentioned he would love a basketball offer and he is gonna do what it takes to play both

Also mentioned he would love a basketball offer and he is gonna do what it takes to play both

Man, that would be a very tough combination to pull off. In recent memory, I can only think of Ward, McNabb, and Peppers who have done it at large schools.

He could be like Bussey and wants to be recognized. Maybe to him, getting offers somehow validates the hard work he has been putting in and it makes him feel better. I don't think we will lose him unless he absolutely falls in love with another high profile school.

Davidson did I think only one year, and I was thinking for some reason Strickland tried it also but never played. Maybe he just talked about it not for sure I guess.

IIRC, Strick spent some time at spring practice, but only lasted a couple of days.......