SIGNED - DE Daishon Neal

Suh chose Nebraska over Oregon State BTW. Not Oregon.

You sure? At that time I didn't really follow recruiting at all, just thought I always heard them say he chose Nebraska over Oregon.

I'm very sure about what he said. It was between us and Oregon State.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nebraska/football/recruiting/player-Ndamukong-Suh-28552

Thanks...glad to have this cleared up about 8 years too late. Hah.

You sure? At that time I didn't really follow recruiting at all, just thought I always heard them say he chose Nebraska over Oregon.

and wow...only 5 offers? Can that be accurate?

and wow...only 5 offers? Can that be accurate?
Those are the schools he only had interest in.

And people get all upset when we don't offer in-state kids. Well, why offer if they don't even want to come to Nebraska.

Need to be asking...why don't they want to play for Nebraska?

Imo, it might be because the last time we were a National Power these kids were 3-4 years old. And in Neal's case I believe he was born/initially lived in Houston Texas, so he might not even been around for the 3-4 years.

A poster "in the know" on another board saying Daishon does not have a committable offer to Oregon.

Looking at Oregon's commits, they already have 2 DEs, numbers 8 and 22 in the country according to rivals. One 6'7" and one 6'6", so they like them tall.

Just curious, if he doesn't have a committable offer to Oregon, why would Oregon be spending time recruiting him? Do they think he will go as a PWO?

A poster "in the know" on another board saying Daishon does not have a committable offer to Oregon.

Looking at Oregon's commits, they already have 2 DEs, numbers 8 and 22 in the country according to rivals. One 6'7" and one 6'6", so they like them tall.

Just curious, if he doesn't have a committable offer to Oregon, why would Oregon be spending time recruiting him? Do they think he will go as a PWO?

No way he goes as Preferred-Walk on. You have to keep in contact to maintain the relationship in case you have a spot open up. You can't just say we will not accept your commitment and then if a spot comes open talk to them for the first time in months.

Oregon did just miss out on the #1 DE/Overall recruit the other day.

I'm going to put two and two together here and say Daishon had a non commitable offer but is "Plan B or C" for Oregon. They just missed with their Plan A, so we should find out soon how high up Daishon is on their list.

Also, Daishon said he was ready to commit when Oregon offered, but his dad made him wait until they saw what Oregon had to offer (this is assuming he had a commitable offer). He is scheduling a visit to Oregon in January, so I would think Riley better have a Plan B of his own ready because if Oregon is his leader sight unseen, the visit will be more to affirm his decision rather than sway him one way or the other.

Will also take his OV to Nebraska the week after going to Oregon. May also visit Iowa in January if they offer.

Says Bussey, Jones and himself are waiting to see how the rest of the staff is filled out before deciding for sure. 100% Huskers for now.

Lol. Like Daishon, but the fact that he considers himself on par with Bussey and Jones is comical enough for me to say have fun committing to Oregon when they won't take you (too much Fireball in me tonight, sorry).

• Fire 1