SIGNED - DE Daishon Neal

I am starting to get the feeling along with several others Neal just likes the recruiting process and the attention that comes with it. Nothing wrong with that, and feeling wanted by major programs.

Still, we got the last visit. All I care about.

#close

Just keep your fingers crossed that he doesn't commit to one of these schools and cancel his visit here... It happens often.

Had his overall rating bumped to an 89 on 247. I think it is stupid that these scouting companies adjust ratings based on who is offering them... They put more weight into who is recruiting them for rankings than the film a player has. Do your jobs! Why is a Nebraska offer worthy of a 84 rating and once Oregon and Oklahoma offer he is an 89? Dumb.

I asked Michael Bruntz this question on Twitter and he said "Going back through a lot of senior film right now." So the first time through they rated the kid as a low/mid three star (at the same level as a Lundie) and this time through they magically see him as nearly a 4 star and the third best recruit in our class behind Eric Lee and Gaylord? I am not buying that.

It's part of why the team rankings, as well as the correlations people make between recruiting rankings and actual rankings, are skewed. Any time a kid gets recruited by better schools, he's suddenly a better prospect. Thus, higher ranked teams automatically have higher recruiting rankings.

That said, offers are about the only way I trust the recruiting geeks to get their rankings anywhere close to accurate, because I sure don't think their scouting and talent projection can be taken that seriously.

• Fire 1

Also keep in mind that unless a kid goes to all the big camps (like Nike) they will tend to rate lower. That was what happened with Collins, he could not afford to pay for the camps, so his rating stayed lower than it should have been. Its foolish to think the recruiting services watch film on every highschool player.

Also keep in mind that unless a kid goes to all the big camps (like Nike) they will tend to rate lower. That was what happened with Collins, he could not afford to pay for the camps, so his rating stayed lower than it should have been. Its foolish to think the recruiting services watch film on every highschool player.

If they don't watch film then they shouldn't rate them... And that is what they do. They watch film on recruits that they think will be big targets, rate them, and leave the unwatched players unranked for the time being. Then they watch and rate other players as they become targeted. So they watched Neal's film and gave him an 84 rating. Then the offers from Oklahoma and Oregon come in and he is an 89.

Their offers are the most important. You can't see that? Everything else is subjective. He has a good first step.. He is built like an ox.. Ect. Offers are concrete, the better the offers the better the player in my opinion. I think it should be that way. I disagree completely with what you said. That's not the only part in ranking a kid, obviously there are a lot to it, but it should weigh heavily.

Their offers are the most important. You can't see that? Everything else is subjective. He has a good first step.. He is built like an ox.. Ect. Offers are concrete, the better the offers the better the player in my opinion. I think it should be that way. I disagree completely with what you said. That's not the only part in ranking a kid, obviously there are a lot to it, but it should weigh heavily.

I can definitely see this reasoning

There is an element of truth to that, but then their is a big circular argument problem. One can't really suggest that Oregon has the highest rated class if a big reason their recruits are highly ranked is because they have recruited them. If there is to be ANY fair comparison between schools recruiting class, these sort of factors shouldn't be a part of it.

• Fire 1