Kickoff Time Announcement Thread - Primetime Games: Miami, MSU, *FSU*

Primetime is based on the timeslot, not the amount of daylight. And the reason night games are typically harder for the road team is because of the hostile environment and the crowd having all day to get lubed up beforehand, right? Or is it something else?

If it's because of the environment, I'm not sure you can compare Wyoming to Ohio State, Wisconsin, etc. At Wyoming, the team entered the field by walking through the parking lot and entering stadium with a capacity of 30,000. Not too intimidating. Fresno's stadium is 40,000, I think (hope) that the Huskers can overcome that environment.

The bigger venues are another deal. The 2009 Mizzou game and 2010 K-State were awesome victories.

I took a look at night games in the Big Ten since we joined (conference games only). The home team is 10-6 in night games, which is actually less impressive than I thought it would be, but when you look at the night games in which the visitor won, it was almost always a ranked team beating an unranked team, and always at the home stadium of one of the "lesser" schools of the conference. Three of those six losses were actually Northwestern's which gives hope that Nebraska can go in on their little night trip and get the victory. But Nebraska has been in five night games in the Big Ten, with the home team winning every time. The "power" schools win their home night games.

Oct 1: #8 Nebraska at #7 Wisconsin. WIS 48-17

Oct 8: #12 Michigan at Northwestern. MICH 42-24

Ohio State at #14 Nebraska. NEB 34-27

Oct 15: Northwestern at Iowa. IOWA 41-31

Oct 22: #21 Penn State at Northwestern. PSU 34-24

#6 Wisconsin at #16 Michigan State. MSU 37-31

Oct 29: #15 Wisconsin at Ohio State. OSU 33-29

Sept 29: Wisconsin at #22 Nebraska. NEB 30-27

Oct 6: #21 Nebraska at #12 Ohio State. OSU 63-38

Oct 13: #8 Ohio State at Indiana. OSU 52-49

Oct 20: Penn State at Iowa. PSU 38-14

Oct 27: Michigan at Nebraska. NEB 23-9

Oct 5: #4 Ohio State at #16 Northwestern. OSU 40-30

Oct 19: #25 Wisconsin at Illinois. WIS 56-32

Oct 26: Penn State at #4 Ohio State. OSU 63-14

I conclude that the venue is more important than the timeslot, but a primetime schedule makes an already strong homefield advantage almost unbeatable, but doesn't make much difference if the home stadium is not already intimidating. I worry about Michigan State on the road at night, but not so much about Fresno. Northwestern, I'm not sure.

• Fire 3

The number of prime time BigTen conference games have gone down each of the last two years? Only three last year? That's pretty sad.

I see that I only listed 15 games, but counted 16 when I was first looking at it. Screw it, I'm not going back to Wikipedia to find which one I missed, I got all the important ones.

• Fire 1

Primetime is based on the timeslot, not the amount of daylight. And the reason night games are typically harder for the road team is because of the hostile environment and the crowd having all day to get lubed up beforehand, right? Or is it something else?

If it's because of the environment, I'm not sure you can compare Wyoming to Ohio State, Wisconsin, etc. At Wyoming, the team entered the field by walking through the parking lot and entering stadium with a capacity of 30,000. Not too intimidating. Fresno's stadium is 40,000, I think (hope) that the Huskers can overcome that environment.

The bigger venues are another deal. The 2009 Mizzou game and 2010 K-State were awesome victories.

I took a look at night games in the Big Ten since we joined (conference games only). The home team is 10-6 in night games, which is actually less impressive than I thought it would be, but when you look at the night games in which the visitor won, it was almost always a ranked team beating an unranked team, and always at the home stadium of one of the "lesser" schools of the conference. Three of those six losses were actually Northwestern's which gives hope that Nebraska can go in on their little night trip and get the victory. But Nebraska has been in five night games in the Big Ten, with the home team winning every time. The "power" schools win their home night games.

Oct 1: #8 Nebraska at #7 Wisconsin. WIS 48-17

Oct 8: #12 Michigan at Northwestern. MICH 42-24

Ohio State at #14 Nebraska. NEB 34-27

Oct 15: Northwestern at Iowa. IOWA 41-31

Oct 22: #21 Penn State at Northwestern. PSU 34-24

#6 Wisconsin at #16 Michigan State. MSU 37-31

Oct 29: #15 Wisconsin at Ohio State. OSU 33-29

Sept 29: Wisconsin at #22 Nebraska. NEB 30-27

Oct 6: #21 Nebraska at #12 Ohio State. OSU 63-38

Oct 13: #8 Ohio State at Indiana. OSU 52-49

Oct 20: Penn State at Iowa. PSU 38-14

Oct 27: Michigan at Nebraska. NEB 23-9

Oct 5: #4 Ohio State at #16 Northwestern. OSU 40-30

Oct 19: #25 Wisconsin at Illinois. WIS 56-32

Oct 26: Penn State at #4 Ohio State. OSU 63-14

I conclude that the venue is more important than the timeslot, but a primetime schedule makes an already strong homefield advantage almost unbeatable, but doesn't make much difference if the home stadium is not already intimidating. I worry about Michigan State on the road at night, but not so much about Fresno. Northwestern, I'm not sure.

Ok, I'd agree with that.

Maybe playing Wisconsin during the day will help us out. As playing at night away from Lincoln vs Wiscy have been childs play for the Badgers. Even the game in Lincoln was a nail biter and down right frustrating at the beginning.

I definitely wouldn't mind playing them in the "daylight" for a change. A change of fortune hopefully.

Defining primetime as simply "night" games is stupid, because the 2:30 slot turns into a night game pretty quick when you're late into the fall. You can't tell me that a tight game in the 4th at 5:30pm in november isn't just as intense as a tight game in the 4th at 9:30pm in september.

Defining primetime as simply "night" games is stupid, because the 2:30 slot turns into a night game pretty quick when you're late into the fall. You can't tell me that a tight game in the 4th at 5:30pm in november isn't just as intense as a tight game in the 4th at 9:30pm in september.

Primetime is based on TV slots.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_time

I KNOW THAT THAT'S WHY I SAID DEFINING IT AS "NIGHT" TIME IS STUPID STUPID

I KNOW THAT THAT'S WHY I SAID DEFINING IT AS "NIGHT" TIME IS STUPID STUPID

Your mother.

bitch i'll cut you.