Kickoff Time Announcement Thread - Primetime Games: Miami, MSU, *FSU*

Kenny Bell is a guy I really want to like because he's a pretty good player but, he has such a pi$$ poor attitude. All we can hope is that it's all big practical joke for him.

This has gone to a point of ridiculousness. Kenny does not have a poor attitude. He is just seeing things from the inside and being judged by people that can't relate.

He doesn't like as many night games because he is excited for the game and wants to play it now. He doesn't care about how drunk (or whatever you do) you want to get before the game. His experiences as a player have nothing to do with your experiences as a fan and vice versa. Proclaiming how a great rep of Nebraska has a "pi$$ poor attitude" is just silly.

• Fire 3

Kenny Bell is a guy I really want to like because he's a pretty good player but, he has such a pi$$ poor attitude. All we can hope is that it's all big practical joke for him.

This has gone to a point of ridiculousness. Kenny does not have a poor attitude. He is just seeing things from the inside and being judged by people that can't relate.

He doesn't like as many night games because he is excited for the game and wants to play it now. He doesn't care about how drunk (or whatever you do) you want to get before the game. His experiences as a player have nothing to do with your experiences as a fan and vice versa. Proclaiming how a great rep of Nebraska has a "pi$$ poor attitude" is just silly.

I did not read his tweets, but if this is what he said, I could not agree more with you, zeWilbur. Never heard anything negative about Kenny, only that he is a solid guy and a good representative for this university.

We (fans and HB commentators) are entitled to our opinions, just like Kenny is entitled to his. I just think a lot of us are getting tired of the whining and complaining coming from this young man. Personally I don't really care what his opinion is about night games, player unions, etc. When I hear his name associated with something, I want it to be about spectacular catches, numbers of receptions, 100+ yard receiving games, and team leadership. IMO lately there has been way too much whiny ass drivel and little on field performance to help make it tolerable. It's like he's going out of his way to try to alienate fan support and it's wearing thin with this guy.

Don't misunderstand, I like the kid and think he has been an asset for this team and university. I just think he is getting awful close to having a lot of folks change their opinion of him. The fro may help but there has to be more than that going for him if he is going to continue the twitter whining. I'm just glad I don't do twitter cuz I'm pretty sure if I read all his stuff, I'd already be off the fro bus.

I think it's okay for us to be annoyed at/tired of Kenny's twitter complaints, and it's okay to disagree with the kid's thoughts, but it's uncalled for to use terms like "moron" and "piss poor" to describe him. He's a talented young man who needs a stronger filter, but there's no need to attack him.

• Fire 3

I think it's okay for us to be annoyed at/tired of Kenny's twitter complaints, and it's okay to disagree with the kid's thoughts, but it's uncalled for to use terms like "moron" and "piss poor" to describe him. He's a talented young man who needs a stronger filter, but there's no need to attack him.

I agree. I want very badly, for his sake, for him to start employing some type of filter before it's too late. Who woulda thought social media would have such an impact on a thing like collegiate football. And that impact has not been beneficial at all imo.

I agree. I want very badly, for his sake, for him to start employing some type of filter before it's too late. Who woulda thought social media would have such an impact on a thing like collegiate football. And that impact has not been beneficial at all imo.

For me it's not the fact that he states his opinions and complains it's the way he talks to people who have an opinion contrary to his. If you disagree with him he will do anything he can to make you feel stupid and make himself look right. Just look at some of his twitter interactions and you will see he thinks he is better than 99% of the people in this state. He puts on a smile and has a fro to get attention but he needs an ego check.

• Fire 1

For me it's not the fact that he states his opinions and complains it's the way he talks to people who have an opinion contrary to his. If you disagree with him he will do anything he can to make you feel stupid and make himself look right. Just look at some of his twitter interactions and you will see he thinks he is better than 99% of the people in this state. He puts on a smile and has a fro to get attention but he needs an ego check.

I agree in principle, and I do wish he would button it up. But I don't think it's unusual for a guy his age, especially a popular athlete, to act this way. I just want our football players to play well, stay out of trouble, be good teammates, and not do anything embarrassing. Maybe the whiny tweets are embarassing, but the rest is no big deal. He's just a kid who needs to grow up.

No if it was someone older, a grown-up professional like Bo Pelini for example, making these sorts of comments, he would deserve higher criticism. But for the number of people around here who excuse Bo's temper tantrums, I'm surprised at the backlash against Kenny Bell. It's cool to disagree with and debate his opinions, but no need to attack a kid.

For the record I don't get drunk or drink, I actually like to just watch football. (I know what a foreign concept) Saying he has a piss poor attitude was probably the wrong thing to say but, he needs to learn to pick his battles and not make mountains out of molehills.

Man I wish Bo would give Kenny's phone the Thad Randle Phone treatment.

I find it interesting that someone who has no problem sharing his own opinions is so often critical of others sharing theirs.

It's a simple rule, if you say it, expect people to respond to it in some way.

I don't care, Kenny seems to be annoyed that people don't agree with everything he says.

If this is really the case he just HAS to be a Huskerboard poster! Who could he be??!!

• Fire 2
  • 2 weeks later...