Ralph Brown says Pelini needs to build better bridge with ex players

There happen to be more comparisons to Bo and BC than the one stat that pins Bo to three other programs that no one else think Nebraska is on the level of.

There happen to be more that separate the two than that lump them together you're just making really idiotic posts

There happen to be more comparisons to Bo and BC than the one stat that pins Bo to three other programs that no one else think Nebraska is on the level of.

There happen to be more that separate the two than that lump them together you're just making really idiotic posts

If you say so, hoss.

• Fire 1

Heh.

See. You knew I'd come around at some point, right?

It was that sexy apostrophe that swung me.

Finally.

Something we can agree on.

he's a sucker for apostrophes.

yeah. let's put this little squabble to bed and get together for a nice big group apostrophy hug.

So a group'hug then?

What you are not taking into account is that Bill took over a team that lost it's work ethic and identity under Frank. People seem to forget that the blowouts that ended the 2001 season and continued throughout the 2002 season in which the only reason that NU made a bow game was because we played a FCS team. 2003 was just an incredibly easy schedule in which our offensive numbers were worse than they were in 2002. But is that really a surprise when Barney Cotton is the OC? Bill was forced to sign a ton of JUCO's just to try to field an Division 1 caliber team. So he didn't have much talent to work with, but with that being said, even though the 2007 schedule was one of the toughest in school history with 10 bowl teams on it, there is no excuse for a 5-7 record in your 4th season and he was rightfully fired.

The problem is that the same man who forced Frank into a position that he wasn't ready to fill did it again by hiring another inexperienced guy as our head coach. Bo did a wonderful job of getting the most out of players that were underachieving under Bill. The problem was he sucked just as bad as Frank did at recruiting. And just like Frank, when their predecessors players graduated or went to the NFL, they didn't recruit well enough to keep the talent level the same. Now with the hiring of the guy from Air Force, it seems for the first time since he has been here that Bo finally realizes how important recruiting is. And I hope that this leads to Bo breaking through his 9-10 win glass ceiling. My only hope is that IF we have to fire Bo, that Tom has no input in the hiring of the next guy. After Frank's failure and Bo's(if it were to happen) should disqualify him from any future HC hires.

• Fire 1

I wonder if part of the disconnect that Ralph or anyone else feels is due to the fact that we have a generation of players now who have played for NU during a non-championship era. Back when Ralph was playing I'm sure he had older former players around yukking it up together and reminiscing about the good old days playing for and winning championships, but many players for the past 15 years can't relate as well to those guys because they sadly weren't a part of the same type of tradition during their time here. IF there really is a disconnect between the generations that sucks, and hopefully it gets better, but as time goes by things change a little bit and it's up to everyone involved to keep the connection alive.

• Fire 1

It's a shame a lot of former players still don't really feel welcome.

Who?

I'm guessing Tommie Frazier, nobody cares Damon Benning he's plenty welcome, Ralph Brown I'll give you this one, and Jason Peter nobody cares.

Anymore?

Cuz right now the number of former players that DO feel welcome is a pretty big majority.

It's a shame a lot of former players still don't really feel welcome.

Who?

I'm guessing Tommie Frazier, nobody cares Damon Benning he's plenty welcome, Ralph Brown I'll give you this one, and Jason Peter nobody cares.

Anymore?

Cuz right now the number of former players that DO feel welcome is a pretty big majority.

Wait... You're telling me 4 players out of the thousands that played here isn't a majority. That just doesn't sound right.