Bo Pelini Negative Achievements

-Hiring a staff of inexperienced, under-qualified yes men.

-Saying/doing very dumb things.

-Bunch of fairweather fvcking fans, kiss my ass on the way out

-To Tommie Frazier: We dont need him

-If they want to fire me, fire me.

-What the hell kind of a question is that

-Texas a&m 2010

-carries a CAT out of the tunnel walk. talk about a hail mary rebranding attempt

-freaking out on the local media if they write anything other than a fluff piece

the list goes on

All of this while he wins nothing of substance, gets paid $3 million a year, and looks for other coaching jobs.

• Fire 1

-Hiring a staff of inexperienced, under-qualified yes men.

-Saying/doing very dumb things.

-Bunch of fairweather fvcking fans, kiss my ass on the way out

-To Tommie Frazier: We dont need him

-If they want to fire me, fire me.

-What the hell kind of a question is that

-Texas a&m 2010

-carries a CAT out of the tunnel walk. talk about a hail mary rebranding attempt

-freaking out on the local media if they write anything other than a fluff piece

the list goes on

All of this while he wins nothing of substance, gets paid $3 million a year, and looks for other coaching jobs.

Ouch. Now what's the running tally?

I despise the "yes-men" hire talk. To me, it's something that is just thrown in there to make it look worse than it really is. Have we hired inexperienced coaches? Yes. But there is simply just no way to confidently say that they are "yes-men" without being some deep level insider who is able to be a part of coaching staff meetings.

I despise the "yes-men" hire talk. To me, it's something that is just thrown in there to make it look worse than it really is. Have we hired inexperienced coaches? Yes. But there is simply just no way to confidently say that they are "yes-men" without being some deep level insider who is able to be a part of coaching staff meetings.

This is true. But then I also don't want to hear about how it is "well known" that Perlman despises Pelini and stands in the way of Pelini's success.

• Fire 1

This is true. But then I also don't want to hear about how it is "well known" that Perlman despises Pelini and stands in the way of Pelini's success.

BUT IT'S COMMON KNOWLEDGE

Fair enough, what I and some other have said about Perlman is the exact same thing as this "yes-man" garbage.

I came to this site because it was a bunch of good guys, discussing Nebraska football. I looked forward to every comment, every thread. I do not frequent the site as much, as now, from both sides, it is the same old thing, day in and day out. It actually is becoming depressing to read the same things over and over and over.

I think I am going to cut back some over the next few weeks, concentrate on my yard, my grandkids and my mountain bike. I would like to hope that down the road we will see something positive to post about, to be happy with, rather than the childish back and forth stuff it has become.

No one is going to win the argument/debate. Lines to strongly drawn. It is actually sad that Husker fans talk the way we do to each other, question the loyalty, the degree of fandom.

Anyway, I am very tired of the continuous drivel, need a break I think.

I came to this site because it was a bunch of good guys, discussing Nebraska football. I looked forward to every comment, every thread. I do not frequent the site as much, as now, from both sides, it is the same old thing, day in and day out. It actually is becoming depressing to read the same things over and over and over.

not much to discuss during the off season, bro.

So you guys are saying that recruiting matters SO MUCH!! Also, that it is not impossible to recruit here at Nebraska, as Bill Callahan has done. Correct?

But with all that great recruiting, Nebraska during the Callahan years should've been unstoppable right? Since recruiting is matters SO MUCH to the final outcome. Also, Michigan has been a powerhouse with the top recruiting rankings too.

So we should get Callahan back? Wait... What? NO, we need Hoke... Oh, wait... What are you guys saying?

That you need both good coaching and good recruiting to win championships, which is why 2009-10 were our best years (close to winning two CCGs) and why I think the next couple of years look promising.

Sure there is. Is there a single person on staff that can challenge Bo's expertise? Maybe Brown, but he was a holdover. Our two coordinators are still "swimming in it," and got a huge pay raise thanks to Bo. They can't tell him nothin.

We got rid of Watson because Bo didn't like his offense. The only other person that has challenged Bo was his big brother, and we all know the story there. Marrow demanded a full-time job. Bo said no. Marrow leaves and takes recruits. He thought Ekeler was a distraction so he's not here anymore. Marvin Sanders was another experienced guy, but he's gone.

Bo has dictator-level control of the program.

That is just the thing. Bo Pelini has gotten close. He has gotten very close. What makes anyone think we aren't still that close. You only fly so close to the sun before you get burned. Everybody says mediocrity, but from what I can tell it just seems like never getting over the actual cc, bcs bowl, or mnc.

Is Bo perfect? Emphatic no!

Has he done enough? Yes.

Will he continue to do enough? I am willing to wait and see.

Don't get me wrong, if this year turns into a .500 show I will bring my pitchfork and torch.

Sure there is. Is there a single person on staff that can challenge Bo's expertise? Maybe Brown, but he was a holdover. Our two coordinators are still "swimming in it," and got a huge pay raise thanks to Bo. They can't tell him nothin.

We got rid of Watson because Bo didn't like his offense. The only other person that has challenged Bo was his big brother, and we all know the story there. Marrow demanded a full-time job. Bo said no. Marrow leaves and takes recruits. He thought Ekeler was a distraction so he's not here anymore. Marvin Sanders was another experienced guy, but he's gone.

Bo has dictator-level control of the program.

I'm sorry, how does any of that second paragraph equate to Bo hiring "yes-men"? Is Bo not supposed to have a vision for the team? An offensive philosophy? A defensive philosophy?

Again, how do you know that the current coaching staff doesn't challenge Bo's expertise?

Has he done enough? Yes.

i think it all comes down to this. and i do look forward to next year very much, but it is with a cautious optimism. you really can not argue about him doing enough to stay here, because he is still here. but you can argue about whether or not he can get over the hump. i just hope this is a defining year for him. but the evidence would say we have regressed, so he has something to prove. in my imo.

Has he done enough? Yes.

i think it all comes down to this. and i do look forward to next year very much, but it is with a cautious optimism. you really can not argue about him doing enough to stay here, because he is still here. but you can argue about whether or not he can get over the hump. i just hope this is a defining year for him. but the evidence would say we have regressed, so he has something to prove. in my imo.
I am not expecting much this year. This will be another work in progress. Last year was the year to have a sure fire season. We had everything until our star quarterback became injury riddled and we never really got the truth about what happened. We lost an all-conference lineman along with others, but #noexcuses. We did manage #9wins which is more than I thought we could accomplish with what happened.