Eichorst statement on Bo

I think I missed getting across what I was trying to say.

I do not see Bo getting fired winning 9 games, maybe even less. Depends on the schedule and players we have.

I do see them being less willing to accept the Iowa outburst if the payout is much less. The high payout and hiring expense had bearing on the situation. Had it been 1 million, Bo might have been gone, may not have been. But more outbursts along that line, dropping buyout cash, we will see how steady his foothold is.

Again, I said I do not expect to see another Iowa outburst, but if it did happen, his chances of weathering it get less with the cost of him leaving be less.

Not all boosters, not all fans are win/loss guided. In my mind he has built a good base, with the quality of kids he recruits, the actions those kids have while here, the academic standards he demands. Those things are worth more to me than a close loss to Ohio State or Wisconsin. Getting trounced by a lessor team carries more weight than a win over mid level opponent. Those are the areas, in my mind Bo needs to improve. Also to take responsibility for a tough loss and handle it on National TV, so that I can say with pride, that is my teams coach.

I truly believe we will see vast improvement this year in all those aspects.

As the buy out drops his longevity will be determined.

Actually winning is what has and is determining his longevity far ahead of any alleged buyout. I'm sure we don't need to revisit how coaches with Pelini's record don't get fired.
This is what i dont understand. Folks act like were taking a chance on someone whos went 6-6 or 7-5 a couple times. Weve won 9 or 10 games all 6 years under Bo-one just as many times as the other- won our division outright 3 times and are a simple few points from multiple conference championships. Yes it has to be better but some need to realize that it hasnt been nearly as bad as they want to perceive it.
I'll just counter that some of the bad times... were really bad.
But i thiught it was being based on wins and losses.

Oh. Carry on then!

I think I missed getting across what I was trying to say.

I do not see Bo getting fired winning 9 games, maybe even less. Depends on the schedule and players we have.

I do see them being less willing to accept the Iowa outburst if the payout is much less. The high payout and hiring expense had bearing on the situation. Had it been 1 million, Bo might have been gone, may not have been. But more outbursts along that line, dropping buyout cash, we will see how steady his foothold is.

Again, I said I do not expect to see another Iowa outburst, but if it did happen, his chances of weathering it get less with the cost of him leaving be less.

Not all boosters, not all fans are win/loss guided. In my mind he has built a good base, with the quality of kids he recruits, the actions those kids have while here, the academic standards he demands. Those things are worth more to me than a close loss to Ohio State or Wisconsin. Getting trounced by a lessor team carries more weight than a win over mid level opponent. Those are the areas, in my mind Bo needs to improve. Also to take responsibility for a tough loss and handle it on National TV, so that I can say with pride, that is my teams coach.

I truly believe we will see vast improvement this year in all those aspects.

I have a hard time believing the buyout is an issue with Nebraska. Callahan had a huge buyout with North Stadium needing more money to finish the deal and it was found. And unfortunately, we've never had a close loss to Wisconsin or Ohio St yet.

9-4 with that schedule next year would be an unmitigated underachievement. A lot of people here love to point to Solich and #9wins but honestly any schedule that has Rutgers, Florida Atlantic, Illinois, Purdue, McNeese St and, sorry, Minnesota on it is essentially guaranteed bowl eligibility. And I don't think it's too much to ask to beat Northwestern and Iowa, either.

So there's 8 right there, plus a pick em between Fresno, Miami, MSU and Wisconsin to get to nine. I wouldn't exactly call that a ringing achievement. As I've said before, nine win seasons are not created equally and it's flat myopic and stupid to blindly point to a record for the reasons I just explained.

We may be "lucky" to have Pelini, but I'd really like to see the coach who couldn't scrape at least 8 wins out of next years schedule. I don't think we will, but it's entirely possible we see it the coming year. .

Let's hold this program and the coach to a little higher standard please, every Nebraska coach in the last 45 years has been.

• Fire 3

Like I said, I think we will see better this year. I as well as you are certainly hoping for it.

Maybe I have accepted mediocrity. But I see a better team in the near future, not based on wins or losses.

The year before, lucky come from behind wins, refs calls, bad calls showed what the team was. Everyone screamed we were great for all those comebacks. I guess but it showed we needed luck to get to the CC. This past year we did not have that luck, other than Northwestern. If we have a team this year, that does not live by luck, plays well and loses tough games I can live with it. If it is another, hope we beat McNeese state, Wyoming game this year, I will have had enough of the experiment, but not because of wins or losses, but what the team is.

Glad to see you back.

My ultimate point I guess is, a "better" team probably wins 10 in 2014 pretty easily.

Any justifying why a 7 year coach couldn't pull that off with a squad that has what this board likes to call the #1 pick in the draft next year, a legit Heisman candidate at RB, and a "defensive genius" holding the clipboards comes off poorly.

My ultimate point I guess is, a "better" team probably wins 10 in 2014 pretty easily.

Any justifying why a 7 year coach couldn't pull that off with a squad that has what this board likes to call the #1 pick in the draft next year, a legit Heisman candidate at RB, and a "defensive genius" holding the clipboards comes off poorly.

Whoa. Give it time man. By the end of the season we should have plenty of excuses why we didn't quite do as well as we thought we should. You've just got to be patient.

Blows my mind people don't understand the metrics of the 9 wins and how it plays into the firing/hiring of coaches. Instead, keeping railing on the wrong point.

Blows mine that people can ignore what many more people other than me seem to realize. Nine wins with our schedule doesn't mean much. If it did, Nenraska would be consistently ranked with our other "peers" that also win 9 a year. They aren't.

Blows my mind people don't understand the metrics of the 9 wins and how it plays into the firing/hiring of coaches. Instead, keeping railing on the wrong point.

Blows mine that people can ignore what many more people other than me seem to realize. Nine wins with our schedule doesn't mean much. If it did, Nebraska would be consistently ranked with our other "peers" that also win 9 a year. They aren't.

Blows mine that people can ignore what many more people other than me seem to realize. Nine wins with our schedule doesn't mean much. If it did, Nenraska would be consistently ranked with our other "peers" that also win 9 a year. They aren't.

Blows mine that people can ignore what many more people other than me seem to realize. Nine wins with our schedule doesn't mean much. If it did, Nebraska would be consistently ranked with our other "peers" that also win 9 a year. They aren't.
You still don't get it.

wjw

You still don't get it.

wjw

Ok, let's back up,

Rutgers

Florida Atlantic

McNeese St

Illinois

Purdue

Fresno St

Iowa

Northwestern

--which of those shouldn't be an "expected victory" with the commitment to winning Nebraska currently employs?

• Fire 3

459.gif

Guess I'll try it a third time......

Eichorst says "we're lucky to have Bo".

Ok, fine. Does he mean it?

I'm asking you too, look at those teams I listed. Who do you think Nebraska, on it's historical level, should lose to on any given year? What coach couldn't beat those teams with Nebraska's resources?

Nebraska has a lot of disadvantages. It's just not like it used to be. Nebraska simply cannot compete with the Ohio States of the world. Just ask Coach Fisher and some of the guys here as well. We just can't compete with the best in the country.

We are just soooooo LUCKY Bo even gives a place like Nebraska the time of day. We could do much worse. No chance of doing better, but boy oh boy, we could easily do much worse.

• Fire 2

I'm being a smartass per usual, but that argument on this board just irks me. In the beginning you could have wondered how Nebraska football ever got so huge. Now though, considering we've established ourselves as an elite program, with the resources to do absolutely anything that anyone else in the country can do, dominating the top of the football world for the last 50 years....I would say it would be a lot harder to tear this university down into permanent mediocrity than it would be to build it back up to a National Championship contender.

15 years without a conference Championship makes you begin to wonder what direction we are trending. There will come a time when we've let it go too far, and it can't be brought back up. A passive attitude will start to take over. People will begin to accept things as they are and #9 wins will become normal. That's scary. You would think we could at least hang around in the top ten in the country once in a while. Maybe not have an epic meltdown each year.....that'd be a start.

• Fire 4