Eichorst statement on Bo

Whoa....my group? I belong to no group here. I'm not with Polo on everything he says and I'm not with the Bo-lovers on everything either. I'm in the - Bo has not been as good as I expected, mostly due to inexperience by himself and his staff a bit of stubbornness and a bit of over complication, but for the sake of Nebraska I'd rather see him get it fixed because I don't like coaching changes to happen frequently, and a lot of players seem to like Bo. Recruiting is up, defense looked a lot better second half of the year last year, I'd like to watch this season and take a real firm stance after that- group.

• Fire 1

No, you and your group feel that only your opinion is right. Most likely somewhere in the middle.

Bo is not a great course, Bo is a coach learning his job. May payoff this year, may not. Nothing that has happened in the past 6 years indicates it will change much.

Most on this board, expected to be back in the MNC hunt the first year Bo was here. We would win the Big 12 every year, and we would bomb through the week Big 10 due to his recruiting and the speed we had.

These have all been stated since the day he got here. Half truths at best. So those that say Bo is the best we can expect I feel are wrong. Those that say Bo is the worst, I feel are wrong. He is a middle of the road coach, with a fan base that expects excellence. He has not delivered and some of us have began to accept where we are. Not being a bottom feeder, not being a top 10 team. We are at a cross road this year. Must be much better in every aspect for some to be happy, others just want to see improvement. Some just want him gone.

Wow, really I didn't think we would do all those things just because BP became our head coach. What most of you just don't seem to get is that TO was a special coach, one of the best all time. His accomplishments at Nebraska may never be repeated, and that is not a knock on Bo Pelini, that is just saying that TO was that great.

Give BP a chance let him grow into the position just like TO did. He didn't start out being great, he was not even close to as good as Deveney.

My ultimate point I guess is, a "better" team probably wins 10 in 2014 pretty easily.

Any justifying why a 7 year coach couldn't pull that off with a squad that has what this board likes to call the #1 pick in the draft next year, a legit Heisman candidate at RB, and a "defensive genius" holding the clipboards comes off poorly.

What this board calls a legit #1 pick in the draft next year. Listen, the mock draft posted on here wasn't from RandomHuskerFan here, it was a link to another website that stated their opinion that they believe Randy Gregory will be the #1 pick in next year's NFL draft. They're assuming he's going to improve on what was a pretty spectacular season last year.

What this board calls a legit Heisman candidate at RB isn't something that was manufactured at HuskerBoard, but rather found on a page that posts their preseason Heisman candidates. Those people assume that Ameer is going to have a similar or even better season than he did last year, and I don't think you can deny the success Ameer had last year.

And who says this team doesn't easily get to 10 wins this year? Talk about something manufactured on HuskerBoard. All we have to go on is past performance, which suggests that we can reach 10 wins in 2014.

459.gif

Guess I'll try it a third time......

Eichorst says "we're lucky to have Bo".

Ok, fine. Does he mean it?

I'm asking you too, look at those teams I listed. Who do you think Nebraska, on it's historical level, should lose to on any given year? What coach couldn't beat those teams with Nebraska's resources?

On any given year, any team could beat any team. Alabama could lose to Mississippi State. Oregon could lose to Oregon State. Ohio State could lose to Purdue. Resources only dictate so much. Throwing money at a problem doesn't fix the problem if the money used to fix the problem is being poorly implemented. Nebraska won't ascend to the top of the college football world by spending oodles and oodles of dollars. Nebraska will ascend to the top by perhaps changing the way things are currently be done. I think Bo has enough vision to see that what we have been doing hasn't been good enough. Perhaps what we did the two years before the last two was good enough at the time--I think the sentiment around here was that it was good enough. The last two years? Not so much. Change, especially at a place like Nebraska, is a slow process and the response to the past two years might be coming around this season.

I'm being a smartass per usual, but that argument on this board just irks me. In the beginning you could have wondered how Nebraska football ever got so huge. Now though, considering we've established ourselves as an elite program, with the resources to do absolutely anything that anyone else in the country can do, dominating the top of the football world for the last 50 years....I would say it would be a lot harder to tear this university down into permanent mediocrity than it would be to build it back up to a National Championship contender.

Kinda what I'm getting at. The bar has been lowered for Bo to a point that no other coach who ever has donned the red pants for. Nebraska (please wear red pants next year Bo) has ever had the luxury of working under.

Bo has committed transgressions that Solich and Callahan committed. They lost their jobs.

Please, sweeping generalizations are dangerous, and I'm not talking about the second paragraph.

• Fire 2

10291854_787595911250458_207391446415051

I laughed quite a bit at this.

I don't often forget how to stop the run, but when I do, I give up 70 points on national television.

(It's a joke guys, let's put the pitchforks down)

It'd be a joke coming from a different person besides you. Reputation proceeds, but I'm being overly critical at 10:35 at night.

I don't often forget how to stop the run, but when I do, I give up 70 points on national television.

It'd be a joke coming from a different person besides you. Reputation proceeds, but I'm being overly critical at 10:35 at night.

I was joking.

I was joking.

I dont believe you..

We really did give up 70 points.

No, you and your group feel that only your opinion is right. Most likely somewhere in the middle.

Bo is not a great course, Bo is a coach learning his job. May payoff this year, may not. Nothing that has happened in the past 6 years indicates it will change much.

Most on this board, expected to be back in the MNC hunt the first year Bo was here. We would win the Big 12 every year, and we would bomb through the week Big 10 due to his recruiting and the speed we had.

These have all been stated since the day he got here. Half truths at best. So those that say Bo is the best we can expect I feel are wrong. Those that say Bo is the worst, I feel are wrong. He is a middle of the road coach, with a fan base that expects excellence. He has not delivered and some of us have began to accept where we are. Not being a bottom feeder, not being a top 10 team. We are at a cross road this year. Must be much better in every aspect for some to be happy, others just want to see improvement. Some just want him gone.

Wow, really I didn't think we would do all those things just because BP became our head coach. What most of you just don't seem to get is that TO was a special coach, one of the best all time. His accomplishments at Nebraska may never be repeated, and that is not a knock on Bo Pelini, that is just saying that TO was that great.

Give BP a chance let him grow into the position just like TO did. He didn't start out being great, he was not even close to as good as Deveney.

i would be happy with steady improvement at this point.

i would be happy with steady improvement at this point.

Me to, patience is what is needed. No one seems to remember anything, everyone lives in the here and now.

For 25 years after Bear Bryant and how many coaches did Alabama muddle through being very mediocre to downright bad. They had about 4 good years with Stallings as the coach in the early 90's but that was about it.

After John Robinson left for the pros how many years did USC go through of being very much an also ran before Pete Carrol came on board, 20 years or so.

Terry Donahue retires at UCLA in 1994 and it takes them almost 20 years before they may have found that special coach in Mora.

How bout Washington, Auburn, Texas, these are all historically great programs that have had or our in the middle of a downturn for a protracted time.

Look at Tennessee right now, they are on there 3rd coach in what 6-7 years since they fired Fulmer.

My point is that Nebraska has not been as great as we want them to be, but they haven't been as bad as many feel. All of those teams I have mentioned have had many really down years over long periods of time. Nebraska hasn't had that.

I guess I just look at things with a little perspective. You can't always just look at the here and now, you have to look at the long haul.