Cats: Boy's best friend

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/14/us/cat-helps-boy/index.html?hpt=hp_c3

I read numerous comments for this article. My favorites and totally agreed .........

ALL pit bulls should be killed. They're mean, vicious dogs with lowbrow nitwit owners. I hope this dog gets put down immediately.

Getting a little tired of pit bull propagandists saying these are kind friendly dogs. I'm sure they are most of the time, until in some cases they snap into the mode they were bred for. And yes, it does happen significantly more for pit bulls than other breeds.

Almost every time in the news, pit bull attacks....... well actually, I think not a pure pit bull but mixed breed (mutt) according to my daughter.

BTW in my experiences, I dislike male cat pets but female cats was okay

Any dog is capable of violence if it's raised poorly, but the unfortunate thing about pit bulls is that they are specifically bred to be violent dogs. If they're raised correctly, they'll be just as well-behaved as any other dog, but if they're not well raised, they considerably more violent than most other dogs.

Any dog is capable of violence if it's raised poorly, but the unfortunate thing about pit bulls is that they are specifically bred to be violent dogs. If they're raised correctly, they'll be just as well-behaved as any other dog, but if they're not well raised, they considerably more violent than most other dogs.

Not true in my friendly argument.

Again I agree .......

these are kind friendly dogs. I'm sure they are most of the time, until in some cases they snap into the mode they were bred for

If you equate facts with propaganda, then sure... You're quoting a study that means absolutely nothing in this conversation, since it mentions nothing about how those dogs were treated, raised, and socialized. That is the determining factor in how they behave. Whether you choose to believe that or not is your problem (I call it a problem since I already know what you believe).

• Fire 1

I've only come across one pitbull in my time as a police officer. She was "at large" and loose in a neighborhood. One of the other officers was like, "NO WAY! I'M NOT GOING NEAR IT!" I just got out of my car and crouched down and figured she'll either come to me and be okay or be ridiculous and I'll do what I have to do. She walked right up to me, sniffed my hand, and started wagging her tail. She wasn't aggressive towards me at all and I even picked her up and put her in the back of the animal control truck. I'll agree that part of their aggression is obviously primal, but I'll say that primal instinct is enhanced when then are raised wrong. Really don't know how I feel about the breed honestly?

Pit bulls was semi-illegal in England. Well kind of ...

They must be neutered (puppies).
They must be insured.
They must be muzzled and kept on a lead in public.
They must be microchipped.
They must be registered.

As breeding Pit Bulls is not possible due to the requirement to neuter, the breed should die out in the UK in a generation. Australia, France, Italy, Denmark, Serbia, Norway ..... same laws as UK.

See http://www.dogsbite.org/legislating-dangerous-dogs-colorado.php . What kind of breed? All pit bull

In the 9-year period from 2005 to 2013, pit bulls killed 176 Americans.......non-fatal attacks? Probably 1000 times more. Thus there are a lot of cities that ban pit bulls throughout the US.

f'ing retardation, all of them ! ;)

Once again, you're saying nothing about how these dogs were raised and trained. Pitbulls that cause problems do so because their owners do not raise and train them properly. It's a human problem, not an animal problem.

I can point you to a host of stupid laws enacted throughout every single country in the world. Just because something is signed into law doesn't make it a good idea or based on any kind of common sense. That you even tried to make that argument is beyond hilarious. "Places have laws against it, so it must be legit!' f'ing hilarious, so you find all things signed into law based on common sense, do you?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24299544

That is a real study that points out several things, some of which I've been saying here all along. It also mentions that breed is extremely difficult to determine in most cases, especially when relying just on eye witnesses. So very often dogs are reported as being the wrong breed when an attack happens (most people don't even know what a pitbull actually is).

• Fire 1

Probably 95%+ of pit bulls are not vicious attack dogs. But the small minority that are make me think the breed should be banned. If a pit bull attacked my kid I'd definitely kill it. If it killed my kid the owner might just mysteriously disappear as well.

• Fire 1

So...the minority cause problems and dogs should be banned? It's interesting how nobody here actually wants to address the real problem - humans. I suppose it's not a surprise, considering how many parents are completely unwilling to take any responsibility for the upbrining of their kids. What, your daughter is an ignorant bitch who went around whoring herself out at 14 and now carries every known STD in the world? It can't be that you're bad parents, it must be the school's fault! Durrr....

• Fire 2

Once again, you're saying nothing about how these dogs were raised and trained. Pitbulls that cause problems do so because their owners do not raise and train them properly. It's a human problem, not an animal problem.

I can point you to a host of stupid laws enacted throughout every single country in the world. Just because something is signed into law doesn't make it a good idea or based on any kind of common sense. That you even tried to make that argument is beyond hilarious. "Places have laws against it, so it must be legit!' f'ing hilarious, so you find all things signed into law based on common sense, do you?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24299544

That is a real study that points out several things, some of which I've been saying here all along. It also mentions that breed is extremely difficult to determine in most cases, especially when relying just on eye witnesses. So very often dogs are reported as being the wrong breed when an attack happens (most people don't even know what a pitbull actually is).

I get what you are saying, that it is how they are raised but lets say they are raised by sh**ty owners...they get out and kill/attack a person...what then? Put the dog down and the owners?

Put the owners down and let the dog go free?

Put the dog down and let the owners go free?

I don't like them...I could not care less if they were all wiped out. The stupid owners too! haha