GT: Fightin' Erstads at the Big Ten Tournament

I was just looking at the bracket and had a question.

If the Huskers and Hoosiers both win tomorrow, is there just a single game for the championship on Sunday? Or is it still double-elimination?

Edit: Do we have to win the B1G Tournament to get into the postseason?

I believe it is just one game for the championship.

We should already be a lock for the NCAA's. Winning the tourney gives us an outside shot of hosting a regional.

If the Huskers and Hoosiers both win tomorrow, is there just a single game for the championship on Sunday? Or is it still double-elimination?

We should already be a lock for the NCAA's. Winning the tourney gives us an outside shot of hosting a regional.

Great question, the bracket seems to indicate that it is a single title game no matter what. There is no mention of a second game if necessary, perhaps they changed that aspect this year? I couldn't find anything to the contrary.

Great question, the bracket seems to indicate that it is a single title game no matter what. There is no mention of a second game if necessary, perhaps they changed that aspect this year? I couldn't find anything to the contrary.

I might be mistaken but I seem to remember that because they added 2 more schools to the tournament (there were only 6 last year) that they took away the double elimination possibilities for the championship.

I might be mistaken but I seem to remember that because they added 2 more schools to the tournament (there were only 6 last year) that they took away the double elimination possibilities for the championship.

I could see them making a change, but why only for the title game? The tourney is still double elimination all the up until the title game. I guess adding 1 more day isn't feasible? Not sure how the teams would field pitchers in that scenario, it will be tough even for NU or IU if they both win tomorrow. More so for NU due to the injury to DeLeon, but still not ideal for IU either.

I think that's the way it was in the Big 12. Nebraska rolled through the loser's bracket two times IIRC, and never had to win 2 "championship" games.

Yeah, but they did last year in the B1G tourney splitting with IU. Just a bit surprised they made the change, but only to the final game.

I think that's the way it was in the Big 12. Nebraska rolled through the loser's bracket two times IIRC, and never had to win 2 "championship" games.

Yeah, but they did last year in the B1G tourney splitting with IU. Just a bit surprised they made the change, but only to the final game.

Because of only having 6 teams in the tournament. Nothing the Big 10 was doing the past 50 or so years in baseball made much sense.