Our Own Moniker

How about since we are still in the "I" set a high percentage of the time we call it the red (eye) “I” set offense

Man, I am glad our school colors are red and white and brown and white..

"Brown eye (I) set"...... doesn't sound real good , huh... :rollin

I'm sorry, just struck me as funny.....

I kind of like GPA...

Ya that is messed up! :woo

A couple ideas. Mostly taken from Nebraska history or geography.......

Broad River Offense or Flat River Offense: The state of Nebraska is actually named after the Platte River from the French meaning "broad river." This was derived from the Oto Indians called the river "ibôápka", meaning "flat river."

Red Cloud Offense: After Chief Red Cloud. A principal chief of the Oglala Teton Sioux of Pine Ridge reservation. A mighty chief and very much an historical figure in the state of Nebraska.

The Blackwater Offense: because, Nebraska was sometimes called "The Blackwater State" because of the rich black Nebraska soil that darkened the streams.

Red Tide-Crimson Tide?

Red Swarm Offense (RSO)...possible, as long as the detractors don't start calling us the grasshoppers/bees/locusts!

Thundering Herd Offense (THO)... what does this give to you as an image...wild horses in full gallop..scary for any defense...maybe it would work?

We need a top 5 for posters to comment upon.

Maybe Coach Kevin is correct, but I thought that a try might be interesting, anyway. My personal favorite is simply RED THUNDER... no other words. It is not obscure geographically or historically, nor cutesy to an outsider and yet is very simple and, therefore, easy to state. RED THUNDER and BLACK SHIRTS, sounds scary to me! With that identity we could wave a red towel on offense and the black towel on defense.

What do we do now? If nothing, then this idea is dead!

Okay, I'll try to make up for my "brown-eye offense" remark earlier ;)

The way I see it, if Zac Taylor could name this offense it would be the

"CORN-CUSSION OFFENSE"

I know, I know, don't ridicule me.... I beginning to buy into this scheme.... but man Zac got killed this season

I like the Corn Coast Offense alot.

Think about it.. look west from lincoln.. what do you see?? Corn fields.. a sea of corn fields.. so Lincoln could be considered on the Corn Coast :)

My 2 cents, and yeah.. I don't think we're gonna get rid of this term :P